SWFC SURVEY RESULTS are in

10 minutes ago, elvin parsnip said:

Think about it Neil - I know your a clever bloke from your excellent film reviews etc - ok il just tell you it means most people will pay the same as we are now to keep buying decent players so now you’ve voted I expect season ticket sales to be about the same because we don’t want prices to drop and to play kids - so come in Owls fans you said you don’t want the current prices to drop - so let’s sell loads of season tickets  - or summat

Got ya!

Took a while but penny dropped

lol

I think it was like Brexit

Those who voted for the one that won didn't know what they were voting for

xea0h.jpg

Owlstalk Shop

9 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

I fear big price hikes next season to offset FFP

That won't happen, crowds would be well down increased revenue would be minimal or even slightly down.

I know quite a few in my gang whom are not buying season tickets next year at the price they are now.

POTgters could become very important, and the clubs attitude of fooookem will need to change

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

The results have confused me

The survey was confusing and annoyingly worded (to say the least)

But it's even more baffling to see all the exciting youngsters getting new contracts and being played (quite rightly) only for the survey to suggest we'll have high prices and less of that

It's really really confusing innit

Unless I'm missing something and we're just gonna put the prices up and play the young ones regardless

Someone tell me in basic simple kids level english what this whole survey is and how the playing of U23 players and giving them new contracts all come together

In theory we could trim numbers in the squad, allowing the youngsters more of a chance, and only sign one or two new players but those players could be top quality expensive signings backed by the continued high investment.

To be honest I'd be all for that. Best of both worlds isn't it? The youth gets more of a chance and the signings we bring in are only of the very best quality. 

Put it this way, if there are two places in the squad to fill I'd rather have another Forestieri and a Clare than two Morgan Foxs

Edited by paulrs

I received the survey but did not complete it.  No reason other than I hate surveys.

Was there the option to state how much you would be happy paying for a season ticket?  Either free format answer, or to select from different bands?

I'm 99% not renewing.  I normally miss a quarter to a third of games due to work and/or travel.  Paid it in the past but not prepared to continue going forward until things change.  Will pick and choose.

Club is walking a very fine line at the moment. 

If it is a substantive increase, then (considering the season we are having) will people renew at the same levels they've done so in the previous season? Or will an increase in price in part negate a drop in renewals? 

Thing is they need to clear out some of the top earners. I'll be pretty pi55ed off if this all done so we can keep the "family" together. 

But the question specifically mentions ‘maintaining’ the current prices

Nothing is mentioned about price increases, let alone the ‘significant’ ones people are going off about

Here we go again.... this is the next thing the scaremongers and rumour makers are jumping on. 

10 minutes ago, Miffed said:

But the question specifically mentions ‘maintaining’ the current prices

Nothing is mentioned about price increases, let alone the ‘significant’ ones people are going off about

Here we go again.... this is the next thing the scaremongers and rumour makers are jumping on. 

It says "Maintain the current pricing structure" . , not the current prices 

Big difference

Either way... its bed wetting and scaremongering before anything has happened.

I don’t know why people can’t wait and see what the pricing structure will be without predicting Armageddon 

So much negativity. It’s like when you can sense people in the stadium waiting for the team to make a mistake so they can get on the teams backs. You could sense it against Birmingham and Derby. 

Oh yeah I'd forgotten about Chansiri's petulant passive aggressive tantrum survey.

lol

You can only laugh at this point..

Was there an option for 'I want the club to be run competently and sustainably with reasonable ticket prices'?

Edited by owlinexile

11 minutes ago, Miffed said:

Either way... its bed wetting and scaremongering before anything has happened.

I don’t know why people can’t wait and see what the pricing structure will be without predicting Armageddon 

So much negativity. It’s like when you can sense people in the stadium waiting for the team to make a mistake so they can get on the teams backs. You could sense it against Birmingham and Derby. 

Think there’s a lot of frustration mate. Hopefully an upturn in results will eradicate that. 

This feels like it was a vehicle to do one thing.  Stop people moaning about prices. 

Loaded question geared towards people agreeing to pay the prices they do. Club happily publicise this to show everyone agrees. 

It's manipulation by the club and its leaving a nasty taste

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

That's not what was suggested or promised in the survey though as I read it

I thought that if this option won, that we'd spaff loads of money on big names, restrict young un's coming through, and go for established premier league/championship stars and create a supersquad

Otherwise what's the point of the other option if we're just going to put prices up and bring the youth through anyway?

I don't see a dichotomy here. No one wants to see the club (Spaffing Cash) for the sake of it. All our buys give you little more than a 50% chance of them being a good signing.

Personally whether we spend £25K or £25M on a player what we are looking for is VFM. I do think we have to be (as with all other clubs) tighter on contracts. Rewards particularly on appearances & success (League Position) Probably offering more than currently on offer so players buy in. But being particularly severe where players don't hit a stipulated return on appearances or the team hit lowly league position.

You can't do that they cry in unison. But our League Chairmen meet in June, put forward a pro forma resolution on standardisation of contracts and let them vote it in/out. They have a choice managing the game or letting the agents take it away from them.

Carlos was right when he claimed we needed two players for each position, other than the wide players he managed the quantity but the quality was lacking. He was more than a little unlucky with injuries and as the quality on the pitch slipped, so too did the players confidence in him. But a new man in Jos brings a fresh attempt to rebalance the squad and it's not a question of spend or squeeze but to pick up the value players that meet the criteria. Not too sure who wants moving on because some of the favourites may yet find a little more to offer under the tutorship of Jos.

But the survey was about ambition v Gate price. I would hope and expect very little movement on price except to say the club might do a little more on special offers aimed at achieving overall gate receipts to be slightly up. I think that though may depend on a couple of stellar signings.       

2 hours ago, mkowl said:

Is there any independent verification of the survey results 

This!

I voted for lower prices with youth coming through and also continuing in our pathway to promotion and can't believe that more people didn't do both of these options?!?! 

As said before the two arent mutually exclusive 

11 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Think there’s a lot of frustration mate. Hopefully an upturn in results will eradicate that. 

Nail on the head.

The moaners come out of

the woodwork when things are going bad and they seem to take it to the extreme.

Were we doing a Wolves then the stadium would be full every week and stripes, prices and George Hirst wouldn’t matter half as much

Edited by Miffed