Todays red cards

12 minutes ago, dinno said:

My son was a ballboy he said the ref went over to the lineman 

The ref said I saw a attempted headbutt and a push I'm not having that on my pitch 

The Lino said I totally agree 

Looking at the video there was no-one near the ref and linesman when they were talking on the pitch. So I'm calling fake news here.

Thing is players and coaches have to take some responsibility too towards the terrible referees we have.

Players fall over and cheat at every opportunity they are trained to go to ground when they get contact. How many times does a striker back into a defender and go down as soon as he gets contact and is given a free kick.

Decisions are random and there is absolutely no consistency but it is made harder by the fact your not allowed to even breath near an opponent nowadays.

Edited by Carl Shutt is God

An utter disgrace. 

Matias' red was disgusting. He literally did nothing. If anything it's a yellow for the Brum player. To send Matias off and ignore the other player after consulting with the lino is total incompetence. 

Pudil's second yellow is probably justified. The first was totally wrong as Stock dale tripped over the bloody net, whilst being an arse wasting time. 

11 minutes ago, Triple O said:

Looking at the video there was no-one near the ref and linesman when they were talking on the pitch. So I'm calling fake news here.

My son stands right on the corner of the leppins Lane /north every game 

im not really bothered if you believe me or not 

25 minutes ago, coopswfc76 said:

Can't appeal Pudils as 2 yellows even though I thought both were harsh.

Matias I didn't see anything at the time(even though the moaners near me were adamant he headbutts him) and I've seen it a few times since and still no idea why he's been sent off.

Matias I didn't see anything at the time(even though the moaners near me were adamant he headbutts him) and I've seen it a few times since and still no idea why he's been sent off.

Had a reasonable view of the Matias one. 

He was tussling with the Brum player to get the game restarted after the ball went out.

Nipped in front and was clipped from behind. Squared up, face to face but no head cntact as far as i could see.

Matias did give him a quick dig in the ribs though so six of one half dozen of the other in my book

Ref missed it but linesman was close enough to see the whole incident.

Apparently only chose to see the Matias part, not the original kick from behind.

Having said that neither were serious enough to warrant even a yellow.

10 minutes ago, kristmace said:

An utter disgrace. 

Matias' red was disgusting. He literally did nothing. If anything it's a yellow for the Brum player. To send Matias off and ignore the other player after consulting with the lino is total incompetence. 

Pudil's second yellow is probably justified. The first was totally wrong as Stock dale tripped over the bloody net, whilst being an arse wasting time. 

Pudils second looked an appaling dive from the north. We all thought brum player was going go get booked for diving.

're pupils first...did the ref not notice their keeper pick the ball up (remember it's our corner) at the north stand side of his goal and walk off in the opposite direction, carrying the ball, walk behind the goal towards the South stand end........?  I also thought their keeper tripped up.

Awful awful awful linesman and refereeing AGAIN

2 minutes ago, Blatter said:

Had a reasonable view of the Matias one. 

He was tussling with the Brum player to get the game restarted after the ball went out.

Nipped in front and was clipped from behind. Squared up, face to face but no head cntact as far as i could see.

Matias did give him a quick dig in the ribs though so six of one half dozen of the other in my book

Ref missed it but linesman was close enough to see the whole incident.

Apparently only chose to see the Matias part, not the original kick from behind.

Having said that neither were serious enough to warrant even a yellow.

Agree with most of that. From my position matias pushed a hand out to push their player away after he'd grappled him and half hearted head butted him. However NO contact was made.......if he'd made contacted the brum player would have been rolling on the floor. Everyone knows how pathetic footballers are rolling around pretending to be injured

15 minutes ago, wakefieldowl said:

Pudils second looked an appaling dive from the north. We all thought brum player was going go get booked for diving.

're pupils first...did the ref not notice their keeper pick the ball up (remember it's our corner) at the north stand side of his goal and walk off in the opposite direction, carrying the ball, walk behind the goal towards the South stand end........?  I also thought their keeper tripped up.

Awful awful awful linesman and refereeing AGAIN

Hard to tell whether it was a dive from the south. 

Ref did book Stockdale for time wasting but Pudil did literally nothing. It wasn't even 6 of one... 

Doesn’t even matter.

At 10 vs. 11 we drew. Even 9 vs. 11 we drew. Birmingham were absolutely terrible.

Biggest issue was why we were 0-2 down to that shower with 11 players on the pitch, second-stringers or otherwise. We couldn’t chain two decent passes together all afternoon. It was tragicomic.

1 minute ago, Mr. Tom said:

Doesn’t even matter.

At 10 vs. 11 we drew. Even 9 vs. 11 we drew. Birmingham were absolutely terrible.

Biggest issue was why we were 0-2 down to that shower with 11 players on the pitch, second-stringers or otherwise. We couldn’t chain two decent passes together all afternoon. It was tragicomic.

of course it matters

Would Birmingham have spent so long passing it around their back line if we had more players on the pitch and were able to press?

Would Jos have been able to make different substitutions?

bizarre thing to say

3 minutes ago, Dot said:

of course it matters

Would Birmingham have spent so long passing it around their back line if we had more players on the pitch and were able to press?

Would Jos have been able to make different substitutions?

Agreed, but my point is we were 0-2 down before any of that, and although the goals were absolute gifts, we were actually lucky it wasn’t more. By “doesn’t matter” I mean the red cards shouldn’t be the focus, as they didn’t lose us the game.

Edited by Mr. Tom

Just now, Mr. Tom said:

Agreed, but my point is we were 0-2 down before any of that, and although the goals were absolute gifts, we were actually lucky it wasn’t more.

shocking mistakes granted, but the sending offs certainly changed how we set up and what we could do from then onwards

so it very much mattered 

1 minute ago, Dot said:

shocking mistakes granted, but the sending offs certainly changed how we set up and what we could do from then onwards

so it very much mattered 

Think we’re at slightly cross purposes here, but I see your point. Fair enough.

Edited by Mr. Tom

From my view in the North Matias got in front of his man and got shoved, when faced the Brum defender shied a headbut then Matias appeared to jab him in the stomach.  Think he made it worse by refusing to go to the ref when summoned. In my mind a yellow for both. For Pudil thought Jota dived, no second yellow for me.  Unlucky for both, but what suicidal defending, how many times did we press the self destruct button today? Thought Lucas did well.

Edited by Striggy

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Do you think we'll definitely appeal both?

If Pudil and Matias are punished when will any suspensions take place?

Didnt think you could appeal 2 yellow cards. Matias should have just walked away. Sorry but he deserved it. Folk on here will possibly blame the ref for the result. How short sighted they are.