Weirdly enough something else was said about this months ago on here... "apparently" Lee was considering retirement because the prognosis was that bad. Can't remember the poster or exactly when I saw it so it could be something of nothing. Hope it's just the usual poop stirring... it'd be heartbreaking if true.

Before this thread goes off on one and we all get the pitchforks, can we just calmly confirm or deny that Carlos rushing him back has contributed to his overall bad condition? Is that the consensus or is this just "one of those things". Before we get 5 pages of Carlos' bashing and/or bum licking

Edited by StudentOwl

It wouldnt surprise me.

Whether it was the fault of the one that rushed him back or whether it would have happened anyway, we can't answer. 

Such a travesty.

He is our best player when fit.

The way we played in the last five years all revolved around him. 

Be interested to know the nature of his injury. The hip's a pretty robust joint really and doesn't tend to lend itself to the sort of problems that the knee does. It's a crying shame the amount of time he's been out anyway - if he did have to finish it would be a disaster. Despite his limitations (which are very few at this level,) a more honest. hardworking footballer I've never seen. My favourite player for many a year.

8 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Weirdly enough something else was said about this months ago on here... "apparently" Lee was considering retirement because the prognosis was that bad. Can't remember the poster or exactly when I saw it so it could be something of nothing. Hope it's just the usual poop stirring... it'd be heartbreaking if true.

Before this thread goes off on one and we all get the pitchforks, can we just calmly confirm or deny that Carlos rushing him back has contributed to his overall bad condition? Is that the consensus or is this just "one of those things". Before we get 5 pages of Carlos' bashing and/or bum licking

Carlos disnt rush hin back at all, im sure wednesday have a team of medical staff that give the green light as to wether a player is fit to play or not!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, chizumgeorge said:

Carlos disnt rush hin back at all, im sure wednesday have a team of medical staff that give the green light as to wether a player is fit to play or not!

There is a well known issue at Football Clubs (and most sports clubs) that medical teams frequently get over-ruled by the coaches / management. Look at American Football - players routinely send back out to play despite being concussed.

16 minutes ago, Adam Reachs left peg said:

Seen rumours yesterday that he is set to retire following the on-going hip problem he has. It’s probably nonsense and be a real shame if true anyone else heard anything regarding him ? 

My Fav player ,Works his socks off most honest player on our books ,If Carlos has caused this rushing him back he wants suing .

5 minutes ago, Adam Reachs left peg said:

As stated just a rumour that I had heard but agree with other posts Carlos rushing him back has probably knackered him up 

But no-one has said it's Carlos' fault?

I've asked if that's people's opinion whilst not even suggesting I'm leaning either way, Beholder's said it's impossible to know either way and everyone else has only said how awful it is for Lee.

How can you agree with other posts about Carlos rushing him back if no-one else has posted that in this thread? lol 

1 minute ago, Last_Great_Hope said:

There is a well known issue at Football Clubs (and most sports clubs) that medical teams frequently get over-ruled by the coaches / management. Look at American Football - players routinely send back out to play despite being concussed.

Thats different, thats a spur of the moment “can you carry on?” And if a player says yes he goes back onto the field. In lees case he’s been out for weeks so it will be a measured medical decision. Players get injured again soon after injuries, it happens!

I don’t think it’s true. Didn’t Carlos come out and say that Kieran Lee is having a hip operation again but it’s minor and not has bad as first time around?

Its a big shame that he’s been out for so long - absolutely brilliant player and a pleasure to watch on full form. 

The worry I have with Lee is that he’s out of contract at the end of the season and if he can’t prove his fitness, we may not offer him a contract. Jos just might bring his own man in. That would be a great shame - great all round player. 

4 minutes ago, chizumgeorge said:

Thats different, thats a spur of the moment “can you carry on?” And if a player says yes he goes back onto the field. In lees case he’s been out for weeks so it will be a measured medical decision. Players get injured again soon after injuries, it happens!

Principle is the same.

Its the Alpha Male mentality - "You Ready to go?" "Sure am Boss!"

It is worrying the amount of time out injured over the last 18 months or so. I imagine a decision on him, hutch and some of the others is being made in advance of season 18/19. We simply can't carry people who miss this amount of games.

Having said this, yes, it is a personal tragedy for him if it's the case.