Be a crying shame IF true. 

Truth be told, I'm not entirely convinced we will get the same player back (if he does recover). 

Hip injuries for a professional athlete (particularly a footballer) are not a good thing, particularly for a guy who is (or close to) 30 years of age. 

Has been a cracking player though. 

Just now, Bouncing Owl said:

End of this season. I fear we may release him if he can’t prove his fitness.

Well as horrible as it is as Lees has shown time and time again that he's one of our most outstanding players we have... at least we wouldn't have to pay him for another 2 or so years until the end of his contract.

I just hope that it's not true.. as he is one of the most genuine guys in football.

Just now, MrTacoSWFC said:

Well as horrible as it is as Lees has shown time and time again that he's one of our most outstanding players we have... at least we wouldn't have to pay him for another 2 or so years until the end of his contract.

I just hope that it's not true.. as he is one of the most genuine guys in football.

I agree. Nice guy, complete professional. Super player to watch.

3 minutes ago, MrTacoSWFC said:

Bouncing Owl is wrong, his contract expires at the end of next season

Hopefully this is all rumour and with the right treatment / recovery we will see him back next season. However, IF he is anywhere near thinking of retirement due to his injuries then I wish him all the best. Been a great player for us but there is life outside of football and there are more important things to consider.

WAWAW

6 minutes ago, Last_Great_Hope said:

Manager asks the player - he is going to get a Yes, ready or not. Players get grief if they say no.

No matter what the medical team say. Alpha Male mentality.

Will have to agree to disagree on that one im affraid!

Edited by chizumgeorge

I suspect we won’t see him play again this season. I think he was ruled out for a while early in his Wednesday career due to an hip injury so this problem wouldn’t appear to be a new occurrence?

He’s got to think about his long term welfare so it wouldn’t surprise me if this is true. It would be a real shame as he has been a really good player for us and a key performer to boot but he’s got to put himself and his family first.

Edited by Great Big Galaa

43 minutes ago, Adam Reachs left peg said:

Seen rumours yesterday that he is set to retire following the on-going hip problem he has. It’s probably nonsense and be a real shame if true anyone else heard anything regarding him ? 

Back in a fortnight 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Last_Great_Hope said:

Manager asks the player - he is going to get a Yes, ready or not. Players get grief if they say no.

No matter what the medical team say. Alpha Male mentality.

maybe with a knock but i doubt it with a major hip injury

1 hour ago, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

My Fav player ,Works his socks off most honest player on our books ,If Carlos has caused this rushing him back he wants suing .

Should not have returned unless he was fully fit. 

No good blaming Carlos for all his faults and mistakes , Kieran is a grown man and could quite easily have said he’s not fit enough to play.

I remember Brian Clough talking about injured players coming back to play; the conversation went somethng like:

Brian "Are you fit to play on Saturday lad?"

Player "Yes Boss, raring to go."

Brian "Well you're not playing."

His reasoning being that players would always exagerate their fitness and would play with injuries if they could.  Keeping them out for an extra week would help to make sure that when they came back they were actually ready.