Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc

Hip injuries affect the whole pelvic area, groin and legs, they're a real pain literally and metaphorically. That said I understand that it is a lot more efficient joint than say the knee for example so fingers crossed with the right surgery, proper rehabilitation and just as importantly, time, might see him back to his best in due course.

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
1 minute ago, Barberphobia said:

I remember Brian Clough talking about injured players coming back to play; the conversation went somethng like:

Brian "Are you fit to play on Saturday lad?"

Player "Yes Boss, raring to go."

Brian "Well you're not playing."

His reasoning being that players would always exagerate their fitness and would play with injuries if they could.  Keeping them out for an extra week would help to make sure that when they came back they were actually ready.

He'd most likely not be the same force in today's game but he was a master of man management back in the day

2 minutes ago, Xxxxxxxxcxcc said:

He'd most likely not be the same force in today's game but he was a master of man management back in the day

Thats a tough one.

I don't think he'd have had the impact in terms that I just don't think he'd able able to cope with what he would consider interference from high up in clubs.

He's certainly not be able to work at clubs with directors of football or transfer strategy panels.

But in the dressing room. In terms of getting the best from players he'd still be a hit. 

Bamry as it sounds for one of the Worlds Best ever managers....in the modern game...I fear he'd have to go lower down the leagues to find a club to fit.

Shows how much the game has changed. 

As for Kieran Lee, it would be a terrible shame -  if true

Depends whether it's the same source that's been blabbing the team news for the last month.

1 hour ago, StudentOwl said:

But no-one has said it's Carlos' fault?

I've asked if that's people's opinion whilst not even suggesting I'm leaning either way, Beholder's said it's impossible to know either way and everyone else has only said how awful it is for Lee.

How can you agree with other posts about Carlos rushing him back if no-one else has posted that in this thread? lol 

when i initially read it i thought it was an opening that could invite a witch hunt, and drag the carlos brigade out to defend him.

it's unlikely carlos was to blame for kieran's demise more than any other manager would have been, it sad for us to contemplate losing such a top quality player, and of course even worse for him and his family if true, let's hope it's not and he's back soon fully fit and injury free.

4 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Thats a tough one.

I don't think he'd have had the impact in terms that I just don't think he'd able able to cope with what he would consider interference from high up in clubs.

He's certainly not be able to work at clubs with directors of football or transfer strategy panels.

But in the dressing room. In terms of getting the best from players he'd still be a hit. 

Bamry as it sounds for one of the Worlds Best ever managers....in the modern game...I fear he'd have to go lower down the leagues to find a club to fit.

Shows how much the game has changed. 

As for Kieran Lee, it would be a terrible shame -  if true

Depends whether it's the same source that's been blabbing the team news for the last month.

big sam at everton?

10 minutes ago, dnhc said:

big sam at everton?

Sam is big. A big bloke.

But I think the notion he's a big character is more to do with him just being big in frame.

Suspect he'll do more or less what he's told whilever he's being paid handsomely. 

I don't doubt he'd fight his corner in terms of what he wanted.

But Clough...he would genuinely walk in a transfer conference and tell them all they knew nothing and p*ss off wouldn't he.

RS and Sheffield Star guys should be all over this. We have very vague info about injuries leading to speculation, but this is a very obvious question you can't really give a vague answer to. 

Is Kieran Lee retiring due to his hip injury? Yes or no.

Kieran Lee has the same hip injury in the season that Stuart Gray was manager but let’s use it as a stick to bash Carlos with. 

I wanted Carlos gone before anyone starts but this has nothing to do with him. I’ll point out that Lee has also had this hip injury in the two seasons we reached the play offs. But no one had a go at Carlos for rushing him back then either.

It’s nothing more than an unfortunate problem for an extremely talented footballer. 

2 hours ago, Last_Great_Hope said:

There is a well known issue at Football Clubs (and most sports clubs) that medical teams frequently get over-ruled by the coaches / management. Look at American Football - players routinely send back out to play despite being concussed.

Do you watch American Football? They have to be examined before they can return to the pitch if suspected concussion.

It's all rumour about coaches over ruling - players fitness decisions rest with the medical teams. They are the experts .....

hope this is made up rubbish ,club or Kieran himself shouldn't have to go on twitter to call this rumour rubbish . but he was pressured or rushed back last march I know he was given an injection to get him training in early march I think it was ,he wernt right after playing a few games at end of season ,had nearly all summer out , struggled with pre season before having 2nd op . all that aint made up ,

1 hour ago, chizumgeorge said:

Its not is it? And if the player says hes fit, then its not the managers fault if he breaks down

Kieran wants to play for sure , carlos was probably asking medical team if they could get him back sooner, it was decided that he went for an injection to he could start back training and then playing . from a medical point of view and getting a player back better in long term it was a bad decision . but on other hand if he wernt played last season after op and had summer for things to settle down he could still have had same problem . look at all trouble tiger woods had with back , 5 ops over 3 years and that's the richest sportsman alive ,once the body goes wrong its almost impossible for a  sportsman playing at a high intensity to play to same high levels as before. 

3 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

Weirdly enough something else was said about this months ago on here... "apparently" Lee was considering retirement because the prognosis was that bad. Can't remember the poster or exactly when I saw it so it could be something of nothing. Hope it's just the usual poop stirring... it'd be heartbreaking if true.

Before this thread goes off on one and we all get the pitchforks, can we just calmly confirm or deny that Carlos rushing him back has contributed to his overall bad condition? Is that the consensus or is this just "one of those things". Before we get 5 pages of Carlos' bashing and/or bum licking

That would be me, it was something I had been told on very good authority. The medical tream at the time thought it was 50/50 he would come back.

Apparently he has the same hip injury that finished Roy Keane's career. That's why it came as such a shock to see him in the play offs.

I too would be devastated if true, without doubt my favourite player over the last 5-10 years.

There's a couple of conditions that affect that hip that can always be there, dormant and causing no symptoms until something triggers it and it turns out you be pretty severe. 

My guess is something like FAI, which even though can be operated on and resolved to some extent, are highly unlikely to see the sufferer return to the physical standard they were at previously. If it's something like FAI and Lee comes back at only 80-90% of his previous self that's a big and permanent difference in performance.

And if it's something like FAI, that will have had absolutely nothing to do with "Carlos rushing him back" - it's an unfortunate abnormality. 

Really hope this is BS though - top player. 

16 minutes ago, Beholder said:

@dkenyonqfc2

Do you know owt about this mate? 

yes I do a little and I can say he isn't planning on retiring just yet. This hip problem is mainly down to damage done by not letting himself recover properly from the first operation, then playing on with injections.

he had the second op on 4th of jan and was told he'll be out for 2 months but he has said if he isn't right he won't come back until he is

7 minutes ago, dkenyonqfc2 said:

yes I do a little and I can say he isn't planning on retiring just yet. This hip problem is mainly down to damage done by not letting himself recover properly from the first operation, then playing on with injections.

he had the second op on 4th of jan and was told he'll be out for 2 months but he has said if he isn't right he won't come back until he is

Give him our best mate, don't know a single fan that has a bad thing to say about him.

We need him back but never at the expense of his short or long term health.