Carlos The Second

39 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

Seems to be a more experienced and better manager and it's early doors. He'll clearly sort out discipline & fitness problems out.

However on the pitch; seems to be an identical manager to Carlos.

:very organised

:very defensive

:very narrow

:no attack plan

An improvement on Carlos; the Owlstalk Resident Cheerleaders won't like this; but can't see any real difference on the pitch.

I have literally never seen such a massive transformation in effort, formation, and attitude following a manager change in 28 years following this club. 

I think you need a holiday dude. 

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

Seems to be a more experienced and better manager and it's early doors. He'll clearly sort out discipline & fitness problems out.

An improvement on Carlos; the Owlstalk Resident Cheerleaders won't like this; but can't see any real difference on the pitch.

Maybe you should do a spreadsheet for comparison.

9 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

Debate the topic; no need for the insults.

Maybe I've read out fanbase wrong.

I thought we would have wanted an attack minded manager who favoured width & pace. Obviously not.

From what I've seen Jos isn't anything like the above. Bit underwhelmed; really wanted an attack minded manager.

Obviously I'm on my own.

you want attacking entertainment, you're a fan, you will 'ATTACK, ATTACK, ATTACK, is the fans chant.

BUT jos is a 'PROFESSIONAL MANAGER' it is his job to SECURE RESULTS, and winning a game is far easier if you don't concede, so defence is his priority. being solid at the back allows you the freedom to operate up front, i think you may find jos knows a thing or two more about football than you do, and you may find this confusing, IF you find it frustrating, there's some good films on at the cinema.

12 minutes ago, horny owl said:

Carlos was the worst Wednesday manager I've ever seen and I've been watching Wednesday since 1981

Bad doesn't even cover it

He was an absolute joke

Jos could never be as bad as that clown

Yorath, Eustace, Irvine...and you call Carlos a clown FFS lol 

Guest Jack the Hat
52 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

If you look at the way we tackled the two derby games from a defensive point of view then there is the difference. More progressive  than that(midfield and attack) its too early to say and we have too ment injuries in those positions. I'm thinking chalk and cheese but each to their own.

Edited by Jack the Hat

43 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Then I'd question your footballing knowledge. 

Which is weird, because for all we disagree it seems you do understand the game, so I don't really get how you've come to this conclusion. I'd tell anyone that can't see the difference that they either need a trip to specsavers or they don't understand football. Are you sure you're not due a check-up at the opticians? :biggrin:

i think some of the 'carlosites' will take some weaning off the 25 passes to the half way line, and totally unfit and uninterested players routine. add to that 'our passing triangles' as i saw them referred to as though 'effing about with the ball was some sort of atomic secret weapon.

The only team last night that resembled one led by Mr Carvalhal, was Reading.

The difference in how we set up, how the players perform and the overall intent shown, is so obvious, it's blinding.

I'm sorry, you can't see it, because despite the mistakes and overall indifferent quality in the performance last night, I for one, thoroughly enjoyed it.

16 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

You want pace and width, with that team lol lol lol

Wait til next season before you lay into him. He's only been in England 4 weeks.

Said in the OP; that's it was a premature judgement.

I hope we do purchase & play width and pace. Can't see it happening; but we'll see.

Plenty of insults; but not much response to Jos playing with FIVE  at the back. Fox & hunt playing deep.

Edited by zzmdu

Guest Jack the Hat
27 minutes ago, a_weishaupt said:

Pudil is a winger.    We played him at Centre Half.

Yes he is a converted fullback, but so was Nigel Worthington - we never played him in the centre.

Worthington was far too one footed to play anywhere but as far to the left as possible.

2 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

I hope we do purchase & play width and pace. Can't see it happening; but we'll see.

Plenty of insults; but not much response to Jos playing with FIVE  at the back.

He's playing 5 at the back because we struggle to defend playing 4 at the back. It's obvious he's going to build us in to a fast paced counter attack team. How can't you see that? Mr Blunkett can see it.

Edited by Birley Owl 1867

55 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

scoring 3 in a game is a big change lol

2 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

Plenty of insults; but not much response to Jos playing with FIVE  at the back. Fox & hunt playing deep.

credit for the first tentative "Jos out" post though, ZZ......Have you bookmarked it for bringing back up when he finally leaves? lol 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

credit for the first tentative "Jos out" post though, ZZ......Have you bookmarked it for bringing back up when he finally leaves? lol 

I know I said 4 games before the same faces would be slagging whoever came in off but I was half joking...thanks zzzzzzzzzzzmdu just call me Nostradamus lol 

• Haha 1