Carlos The Second

32 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

EARLY BIRD OPPORTUNITY TO TAKE BACK YOU PREMATURE NEGS BACK

No need to apologize to me (I can see how you were all blinded by 3 gifted goals by Reading).

So now,  we're all agreed, that I was right, 5 at the back, too narrow, deep and defensive.

And that despite the injuries, we need to try and wins games, with a more attacking formation, particularly  when we play relegation candidates at home.

To right your terrible wrongs, you can either take your negs back from the OP or alternatively plus this post.

The Owlstalk target is for me to be back >1000, by 6pm today.

Come on Owlstalk we can smash this target! Together!

For the record, I absolutely agree with you're saying. The fact we lined up against the whipping boys of the league playing 5-4-1 at home suggests to me we're for a lot of boring days ahead. At least we were made to dream by Carlos by him serving up the best football i've seen in many a year at Hillsborough in his first season. 

Just as you have done, i'm not going slate the manager. I like him, I cant warm to him though. He's on a hiding to nothing this season but I personally think he can set his stall out to give us a taster of what to expect with better players... At the moment, it doesn't fill me with any confidence moving forward. I wont hold that against Jos though. I'd imagine anyone manager in the country would find it difficult to get the best out that shower of poo we call a first team at the moment. Hopefully, when we dont have the like of Morgan Fox, Jacob Butterfield, Liam Palmer, Atdhe Nuhiu etc in the side we'll fare a bit better than we are doing now. 

On 27/01/2018 at 13:35, zzmdu said:

Seems to be a more experienced and better manager and it's early doors. He'll clearly sort out discipline & fitness problems out.

However on the pitch; seems to be an identical manager to Carlos.

:very organised

:very defensive

:very narrow

:no attack plan

An improvement on Carlos; the Owlstalk Resident Cheerleaders won't like this; but can't see any real difference on the pitch.

126 Negs is a bit of a battering mate lol

11 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

126 Negs is a bit of a battering mate lol

It was 125 this morning, there's going to be a nasty PM, when i find out who is the 126th.

I long for the return of the days when you could to plus your own posts. A sad day when that went.

I used to plus my points and get a lovely warm feeling inside. 

Of course I've set up dummy accounts to plus myself, but it's not quite the same.

Edited by zzmdu
  • Haha 6

6 hours ago, zzmdu said:

Jos can't be judged on much this season, but that doesn't alter the facts that we'll struggle to safety, playing 5 at the back.

Brum was a write off and should be ignored, hopefully  a little more attacking intent against the Dingles.

Yep just a hiccup except there has been a pandemic this season. No wonder the NHS is in crisis mostly cos of hiccups at S6 lol

6 hours ago, zzmdu said:

It was 125 this morning, there's going to be a nasty PM, when i find out who is the 126th.

I long for the return of the days when you could to plus your own posts. A sad day when that went.

Of course I've set up dummy accounts to plus myself, but it's not quite the same.

You're showing a lot of class by having a laugh about it... good on you..

FFS.

Guest RocketOwl

Seems to be a more experienced and better manager and it's early doors. He'll clearly sort out discipline & fitness problems out.

An improvement on Carlos; the Owlstalk Resident Cheerleaders won't like this; but can't see any real difference on the pitch.

Agree 100% although he doesn't half any of the charisma and enthusiasm I would have wanted in a new manager to reengage a depressed fan base, which Carlos had when he took over.

Not Carlos the second. Has told the players not to blame refereeing decisions and look at themselves. If Carlos had done this perhaps this season could have been different. 

The funny thing is most of the people who slagged Carlos off for this on Owlstalk have spent the last few days blaming the ref. 

I find this from Jos most refreshing because if you give players excuses to hide behind they’ll do just that. Fans should follow his lead. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Pale Rider said:

Not Carlos the second. Has told the players not to blame refereeing decisions and look at themselves. If Carlos had done this perhaps this season could have been different. 

The funny thing is most of the people who slagged Carlos off for this on Owlstalk have spent the last few days blaming the ref. 

I find this from Jos most refreshing because if you give players excuses to hide behind they’ll do just that. Fans should follow his lead. 

here here 

On 2/5/2018 at 13:47, zzmdu said:

Take heart that the truth hurts some more than others..:ph34r:

On 05/02/2018 at 13:47, zzmdu said:

lol

I don't think we can really judge Jos against Carlos until he's had 3 years and £150m.  

But if we insist on harshly doing so even though  he's had 40% of his squad unavailable. 

Jos first four games

Draw    3

Lost      1

In that time hes signed

Joey Pelupessy for £465k +  wages

Carlos first four games 

Won     1

Draw    2

Lost     1

In that time he signed

Fernando Forestieri, Lucas Joao, Barry Bannan, Ross Wallace, Marco Matias , Modou Sougou, Lewis Price, Lewis McGugan for £12m + signing fees (frees) and wages 

If Jos at Barnsley he'll have done well. Given the atrocious circumstances surrounding availability. 

I'm not saying he's the saviour here by the way. 

He wouldn't have been my choice. 

But by God, let's let him get in the door before writing him off. 

2 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

I don't think we can really judge Jos against Carlos until he's had 3 years and £150m

This number bandied about by DC surely represents a much wider scope than just transfers and wages!

An improvement on Carlos?  Ok, I'll forgive him this season due to injuries. Worst season in my 60 years of supporting, for injuries.

But he should have Carlos's squad available for next season so I will demand consecutive play-off spots, including a Wembley trip.

Incidentally, after watching Swansea beat Liverpool, I can only pray that Notts pull off a big shock tonight.  I imagine CC will play a strong side, being on telly and a return to Hillsboro being the bait.

36 minutes ago, bobness said:

This number bandied about by DC surely represents a much wider scope than just transfers and wages!

Quite possibly. And I shouldn't have lowered myself to it.

But when people are growing impatient over the new man 4 league games in.... I couldn't help but bite!

That said, even if we rounded it down to a very conservative £30m. The case still stands. 

23 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

.  I imagine CC will play a strong side, being on telly and a return to Hillsboro being the bait.

And he'll have a weapon he never had in his armoury when he was here. 

Forwards with genuine pace. 

Don't know if his first Swansea signing the absolutley rapid Andre Ayew is cup tied though...