Carlos The Second

What planet are you on?

carlos would still be playing 442, with all his favourites never changing no matter how w**k we’ve played and don’t even mention the youth players!! He’d have Wallace at CB before he gave any of them a chance.

14 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

Seems to be a more experienced and better manager and it's early doors. He'll clearly sort out discipline & fitness problems out.

However on the pitch; seems to be an identical manager to Carlos.

:very organised

:very defensive

:very narrow

:no attack plan

An improvement on Carlos; the Owlstalk Resident Cheerleaders won't like this; but can't see any real difference on the pitch.

snooker, cycling, tennis, squash, cinema, gym membership, all are good ways of spending free time and money instead of spending it on something you clearly don't fully understand.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Gray1867 said:

What planet are you on?

carlos would still be playing 442, with all his favourites never changing no matter how w**k we’ve played and don’t even mention the youth players!! He’d have Wallace at CB before he gave any of them a chance.

As apposed to playing Five at the back; as per last night.

Or are hunt & fox wingers???

17 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

Seems to be a more experienced and better manager and it's early doors. He'll clearly sort out discipline & fitness problems out.

However on the pitch; seems to be an identical manager to Carlos.

:very organised

:very defensive

:very narrow

:no attack plan

An improvement on Carlos; the Owlstalk Resident Cheerleaders won't like this; but can't see any real difference on the pitch.

obviously you're fishing, as no one at all is unworthy enough to be labelled 'carlos the second'.

the difference in 3 weeks is something to behold, i'll borrow churchill's words if i may, 'through the dark, dark clouds that surround us, has broken a ray of bright sunshine, nuf said.

8 minutes ago, Pompeyowl said:

Can’t see any differences?!

It’s FAR too early to judge in my opinion, but the main thing that stands out for me at the moment is:

Carlos with an almost full strength squad - Lost embarrassingly on home soil to our butterest rivals. 

Jos with entire first team out, and a man down - Battled to a hard earned goalless draw away at the home of our bitterest rivals. 

One single goal conceded (very unlucky), look dangerous going forward and not lost a game as yet. 

They may be our butterest rivals but it was only a narrow margarine of victory for them. 

I-Cant-Believe-Its-Not-Butter-is-getting-a-disappointing-new-name.jpg

• Haha 6

He’s done well so far with what he has at his disposal

The talk is that he prefers 4-2-3-1

So we could see

A back four of Pudil, Lees, Loovens, Hunt 

Pelepessy and Hutchinson infront 

Reach, Bannan and FF as a 3

With either Rhodes, Hooper, Joao, Fletcher or Nuhiu up top

We’d also have Lee to fit in somewhere to, maybe at the expense of Bannan 

Yesterday was yet again an entirely different test.

1st game a Sheffield Derby which could have been a really bad introduction.    A change of tactics with a very limited squad and a decent away draw.

2nd Game - lower league opposition where we made debut to one, a home debut to another and both in the heart of defence whilst making changes up front which proved to be a good choice all things considered

3rd game - against a guy who we know to up his game against us and who's team are doing very well in the division this season.   Again, a creditable draw with yet again another debut in a key area.

4th game, against a side the table says are our equals this season.   Still have major injury list and with a 3rd choice strikeforce yet we look very good on that 3-1 victory.

Someone doesn't know this game we call football.

Edited by Big Malc

8 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

Pudil is a winger.    We played him at Centre Half.

Yes he is a converted fullback, but so was Nigel Worthington - we never played him in the centre.

1 minute ago, zzmdu said:

They’re more comfortable playing the wing back role than Bannan was playing on the wing, but that didn’t stop Carlos playing him there!

Jos is playing the formation that best suits the players we currently have available and trying to play them inpositions that suit them, Carlos would never do that.

When did Carlos ever give Matias a chance up front, even though he’d played most of his career there. Never

Would Carlos have tried the young players at the back, not a chance.

Opening post completely wrong in my opinionand compounded by even more worthless pointslater in thread. Does he not realise to try and get a result with these players normal tactics have to be modified to achieve any sort of result. We are left with a rum assortment of players with a clear lack of quality in certain areas. he has achieved a great deal with very little.

I would neg the posts but it is actually that bad it does not deserve a rating of any description.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, a_weishaupt said:

Yesterday was yet again an entirely different test.

1st game a Sheffield Derby which could have been a really bad introduction.    A change of tactics with a very limited squad and a decent away draw.

2nd Game - lower league opposition where we made debut to one, a home debut to another and both in the heart of defence whilst making changes up front which proved to be a good choice all things considered

3rd game - against a guy who we know to up his game against us and who's team are doing very well in the division this season.   Again, a creditable draw with yet again another debut in a key area.

4th game, against a side the table says are our equals this season.   Still have major injury list and with a 3rd choice strikeforce yet we look very good on that 3-1 victory.

Someone doesn't know this game we call football.    Whoosh or not, fishing or not - you are a prize prat zzmdu.

Debate the topic; no need for the insults.

Maybe I've read out fanbase wrong.

I thought we would have wanted an attack minded manager who favoured width & pace. Obviously not.

From what I've seen Jos isn't anything like the above. Bit underwhelmed; really wanted an attack minded manager.

Obviously I'm on my own.

7 hours ago, zzmdu said:

I thought we would have wanted an attack minded manager who favoured width & pace. Obviously not.

From what I've seen Jos isn't anything like the above. Bit underwhelmed; really wanted an attack minded manager.

Obviously I'm on my own.

You insult in your OP.

You seriously not only get the fanbase wrong but you deliberately try to open up false debate by talking falsehoods.

Can't stand people who say debate the topic when they clearly open themselves up for criticism, then will not take that criticism. 

Edited by Big Malc

5 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

Obviously I'm on my own.

You want pace and width, with that team lol lol lol

Wait til next season before you lay into him. He's only been in England 4 weeks.

1 minute ago, horny owl said:

Carlos was the worst Wednesday manager I've ever seen and I've been watching Wednesday since 1981

Bad doesn't even cover it

He was an absolute joke

Jos could never be as bad as that clown

Which season of Carlos, 1st, 2nd or 3rd?

Edited by a_weishaupt
  • Like 1