Carlos The Second

Seems to be a more experienced and better manager and it's early doors. He'll clearly sort out discipline & fitness problems out.

However on the pitch; seems to be an identical manager to Carlos.

:very organised

:very defensive

:very narrow

:no attack plan

An improvement on Carlos; the Owlstalk Resident Cheerleaders won't like this; but can't see any real difference on the pitch.

• Haha 5

Then you must be blind. The changes are obvious. Fitter harder working better organised more direct quicker on the counter .....oh yes and it doesn't take thirty passes to move  the ball forward six inch. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

From what I’d read & heard about Jos, we’ve got exactly what I expected - He gets his teams fit, hardworking and organised. He has a very good record at getting clean sheets, he also has a good record of promotions. Don’t forget he’s only been here a few weeks and doesn’t have our “better” players to choose from. 

I think he’s a manager we will need to be patient with, I don’t think he’s “Carlos the second” at all. 

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

An improvement on Carlos; the Owlstalk Resident Cheerleaders won't like this; but can't see any real difference on the pitch.

Then I'd question your footballing knowledge. 

Which is weird, because for all we disagree it seems you do understand the game, so I don't really get how you've come to this conclusion. I'd tell anyone that can't see the difference that they either need a trip to specsavers or they don't understand football. Are you sure you're not due a check-up at the opticians? :biggrin:

Guest LittleG

Definite improvement; not taking 30 passes to move the ball forward. You've also got to understand that the number of players available is very limited 

9 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

Seems to be a more experienced and better manager and it's early doors. He'll clearly sort out discipline & fitness problems out.

If you cannot see any difference then maybe football is not the game for you , try rowing 

• Haha 7

6 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

Do you think we’d have scored 3 goals under Carlos last night??

We’d have gone a goal up and immediately sat back, inviting them on, they’d have scored, we’d have imploded and lost the game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Can’t see any differences?!

It’s FAR too early to judge in my opinion, but the main thing that stands out for me at the moment is:

Carlos with an almost full strength squad - Lost embarrassingly on home soil to our butterest rivals. 

Jos with entire first team out, and a man down - Battled to a hard earned goalless draw away at the home of our bitterest rivals. 

One single goal conceded (very unlucky), look dangerous going forward and not lost a game as yet. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

The way we dug in at the stain.. could have been 4 up V Cardiff... discipline and fitness addressed.... young talent being trusted and delivering.... little cup run bubbling nicely....talks honest sense..

FFS.

• Haha 2