Loovens

Never been the same since Bannan played a hospital ball to him and he cracked his knee 18 months ago

He is as unfit as has been for a while now and he's just not up to that turn of speed or intensity...his timing and passing has suffered as a consequence and it maybe time for him to become cover for a new CB.

Cultured player but this season and most of last has seen him become less and less effective.

He’s been a very good player and captain for Wednesday and I’ve been one of his biggest fans, but he’s aged 5 years this season. He’s gone. He’s making rash decisions as his legs have gone. Should have got sent off at Ipswich as well. He’s becoming a liability. 

Its a a shame as I’ve got complete respect  for him as a player and a man!

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Whooooah

Not malicious in any way

Didn't do it deliberately

Just not fast enough 

That's alll

You shouldn't get shouted at for being too slow to keep up

I used to be shouted at every week in the old Imperial Sunday League.

"FFS Andy, just let him walk past you, fat kent".

Edited by mogbad

He was too slow 3-4 seasons back. Donaldson knew exactly what he was doing by sprinting to get the free kick when he thought Loovens was going for the ball. He even slowed down when he saw he was beating Loovens to the ball. Clever play by Donaldson but never a booking. No studs and no intent as Loovs tried to stop. It was a free kick, nothing else, but the ref was intent on booking any of the Wednesday players he could.

Looked like he thought about going to ground and then changed his mind remembering his first card.

Not like the OP to start a negative thread though.

What we should be saying is a solid base to build on is now spoilt by people calling our club captain a disgrace

been a great player and captain for us ,a steal for free with his experience

he's come to the point where his pace has gone 

would be a excellent addiction for a lower championship or a league one team.

he's  done more good than bad for Wednesday and wish him the best when  he leaves at the end of the season 

Anyone else think he talked himself into that second yellow? Just watched it back a second time (full coverage, highlights edits don’t really show it) and the ref is nowhere near his pocket until Glenn kicks off about it being a foul. Looks like he’s giving the ref a right negging.

:picnic:

Edited by Mr. Tom

Just now, Mr. Tom said:

Anyone else think he talked himself into that second yellow? Just watched it back a sec9nd time and the ref is nowhere near his pocket until Glenn kicks off about it being a foul. Looks like he’s giving the ref a right negging.

Think he was trying to tell him he didn't touch him and he dived.

Which i think was the truth. But my first impression was he fouled him and it was a yellow.

5 minutes ago, Bodhidharma said:

Think he was trying to tell him he didn't touch him and he dived.

Which i think was the truth. But my first impression was he fouled him and it was a yellow.

That’s as may be; it was a foul, albeit accidental/poorly judged/whatever...point is I’m convinced the booking was for the reaction, not the foul. Doubly disappointing if so.

Edited by Mr. Tom

Has been great for us overall in his time here and does not deserve the abuse he is getting but football is a brutal game and this season by and large he has been a real liability. Reminds me of where Big Mig ended up in the second season after promotion. Went from being a top defender/legend in League one to dog's abuse by some in the Championship. It can happen quickly to centre backs.  Loovens should be acknowledged and thanked for his time here but he needs replacing...

1 hour ago, Mr. Tom said:

Anyone else think he talked himself into that second yellow? Just watched it back a second time (full coverage, highlights edits don’t really show it) and the ref is nowhere near his pocket until Glenn kicks off about it being a foul. Looks like he’s giving the ref a right negging.

Definitely looked like it was just going to be a foul until he kicked off.