Sheffield United 0: 0 Sheffield Wednesday

1 minute ago, S36 OWL said:

Brilliant work  mi `lord  

I just want the lads to perform. 

I just want them to have the spirit. The fight. The cajones.

I want them to run and jump and head and kick. 

I want them to put every single ounce they have into their performance as a team and as men.

I want them to look into the stands and know their families are proud when that final whistle blows.

I want them to look at the Bramall lane end and see the faces of the people they represent and know they've swelled their hearts.

And if they don't I'm moving out back into my camper in the woods.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

When it went 2-2 . The noise after they scored, I don't think I've heard anything like it.

Leon Clarke on the Wednesday fans

It’s just we let the feckers up the other end straight away to go back in front. I was bouncing and I never ever bounce there’s a subliminal message to me.

1 minute ago, soldierboyblue said:

It’s just we let the feckers up the other end straight away to go back in front. I was bouncing and I never ever bounce there’s a subliminal message to me.

Polite applause and a shake of the hands with the man next to you should be quite enough. 

• Haha 4

That 20 minutes up to Joao scoring was the best 20 minutes of derby football since Wembley, I tried to emphasise the point But all our fans were too deflated. For a minute Blades fans and players alike were ashen faced and they knew they'd blew it. What a difference the slip at left back made.

If we can defend and set up to get out and create pressure often enough the blades back line hate constant pressure. Lets see if we can make it pay.

50 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Morning Owls!

What a busy week. Lots going on at the club. Some good, some bad some indifferent. 

I’m going to focus on the good stuff.  We have a new manager!

Jos Luhukay is the man charged with getting our season back on track.  Realistically he’s come in for next season, even the most positive of thinkers must appreciate that this season with our position, bad run and injury crisis is all about fighting fires. 

And what a fire to start with. The cauldron of a Sheffield Derby!

United  -V-  Wednesday

No automatic alt text available.

Form!

We have been in woeful form. It's a good job that Bully and the caretaker lads managed to get us three vital points at Forest or the picture would look even grimmer. 

The blunts haven’t actually been in that good a form themselves slipping up (as many predicted on here) when they reached the Christmas period and they got their first few injuries of the season. They go into the second half of the seasons return fixtures with teams knowing a lot more about them and the surprise factor rapidly disappearing. . 

Coutts is a huge miss for them. But equally Hutchinson is an enormous miss for us. His reading in front of the back four (and in the back four too) is a big loss, but more so his drive and hunger, and his willingness to bust a challenge in the battle ground of midfield.

Wilder has been active in trying to strengthen his squad and has secured Ryan Leonard, Lee Evans and James Wilson (apparently once a Wednesday target).  But it’s a big game and he’ll know that we’ll be a wounded animal and I suspect will want to stick with the kids he knows all about, both technically, tactically and in terms of personality.

One positive is that Brookes is out. Pig or not. I wish him all the best in his recovery from glandular fever. A horrid condition when it strikes. 

Will Billy Blunt get a start? He'll be desperate to play.  Ched the Ripper is also in contention. 

One thing is for sure, he's unlikely to stray from his 3-5-2 system which gets his players in their most comfortable working areas.

. No automatic alt text available.

We go into battle without Hunt, Hooper, Bannan, Fletcher, Hutchinson, Lees, Westwood, Van Aken, and with others carrying a sickness bug.

Jos, it’s fair to say will probably never have a start as tough as this wherever he may go in life.

What will he do?

What has he done?

Well firstly he’s double up the training sessions, it’ll have had no time to really take effect physically but mentally it might have got the endorphins pumping.  The players have had nothing but good things to say about him. Though they would wouldn’t they!

He seems to be as keen to get them motivated as he can and reading between the lines will do whatever it takes to cajole them and get the best out of them.

Image may contain: 2 people, people standing and text

He'll have hardly had time to get settled into the hotel the speed things moved.  He'll be dizzy from all the rushing about. But It was great to see him out there on the training pitch with the lads. Ok it was early doors and they weren’t doing anything which was going to give away any secrets but he was getting to know the players and their habits and it will have been good for him to be able to see what the players have got in their lockers…

He impressed from the first press conference. The talk of discipline. Of doing whatever it takes. I was also taken with him when he laughed about which style of play he will use. “Whichever one wins matches” . Good man.

He also always says "Wednesday" which might be a little thing. But somehow it warms me. 

Lots of talk on here about the system he plays with many (after scrabbling about on the internet) saying he’s a big fan of the old 4-2-3-1. 

He maybe. But that doesn’t mean we’ll see it necessarily.

Carlos was a big fan of 4-3-3 and how many times did we see that?

Whatever he does we do know from what he said that there will be some messages that will be hammered home to the lads till the cows come home. And I say to that “Good”

Players in my experience like simple instruction. If you go on and on and make it rocket science they lose interest. And forget half of what you’ve said anyway.

Football say Jos, is a simple game the same the world over.

I am very much warming to him.

Image may contain: 1 person, text

Today is a freebie for Jos from me. Yes I want revenge. Yes I want a result. Yes I want to hold my head high afterwards.

But he’s on a hiding to nothing and we just have to back him and the boys to the hilt, which I know we all will do. 

How will he line up?

I don’t know. But one thing is for certain, he’s clearly not behind the door. He’ll have got a grasp on what the blunts are going to do and he’ll find the best way to counter that out with what we’ve got.

I’d do this…

Not actually got that much choice other than putting in Abdi or Matias, who haven’t had much of a look in. You do wonder how much of it is talent and how much of it might be other factors, injury personality etc etc.

Who knows. Maybe he’ll throw them both in and they’ll become born again heros.

One thing I do know. 

His work is the long haul.  Tomorrow isn’t going to make or break our season.

He’s just got to get the best performance out the lads he can. And I think that’s key. We want the result, of course we do, but the performance is as, if not more important.

We want to see the lads fight for every ball. We want to see them drive on. We want to see them challenge every header. Tussle for every 50/50. 

If they do that, whatever the result, they will restore some pride. And that’s what we need after the other fixture.

We've got to get in there and let them fackers know they're in a game. I don't ask anymore than that.

We need to make Leon Clarke look like Leon Clarke again and not a bloody world beater like we did last time!.

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling

WTF:WTF:WTF:WTF:WTF:WTF:WTF:WTF:WTF:WTF:WTF:

COME ON WEDNESDAY!!

51 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Morning Owls!

What a busy week. Lots going on at the club. Some good, some bad some indifferent. 

I’m going to focus on the good stuff.  We have a new manager!

Jos Luhukay is the man charged with getting our season back on track.  Realistically he’s come in for next season, even the most positive of thinkers must appreciate that this season with our position, bad run and injury crisis is all about fighting fires. 

And what a fire to start with. The cauldron of a Sheffield Derby!

United  -V-  Wednesday

Form!

We have been in woeful form. It's a good job that Bully and the caretaker lads managed to get us three vital points at Forest or the picture would look even grimmer. 

The blunts haven’t actually been in that good a form themselves slipping up (as many predicted on here) when they reached the Christmas period and they got their first few injuries of the season. They go into the second half of the seasons return fixtures with teams knowing a lot more about them and the surprise factor rapidly disappearing. . 

Coutts is a huge miss for them. But equally Hutchinson is an enormous miss for us. His reading in front of the back four (and in the back four too) is a big loss, but more so his drive and hunger, and his willingness to bust a challenge in the battle ground of midfield.

Wilder has been active in trying to strengthen his squad and has secured Ryan Leonard, Lee Evans and James Wilson (apparently once a Wednesday target).  But it’s a big game and he’ll know that we’ll be a wounded animal and I suspect will want to stick with the kids he knows all about, both technically, tactically and in terms of personality.

One positive is that Brookes is out. Pig or not. I wish him all the best in his recovery from glandular fever. A horrid condition when it strikes. 

Will Billy Blunt get a start? He'll be desperate to play.  Ched the Ripper is also in contention. 

One thing is for sure, he's unlikely to stray from his 3-5-2 system which gets his players in their most comfortable working areas.

. No automatic alt text available.

We go into battle without Hunt, Hooper, Bannan, Fletcher, Hutchinson, Lees, Westwood, Van Aken, and with others carrying a sickness bug.

Jos, it’s fair to say will probably never have a start as tough as this wherever he may go in life.

What will he do?

What has he done?

Well firstly he’s double up the training sessions, it’ll have had no time to really take effect physically but mentally it might have got the endorphins pumping.  The players have had nothing but good things to say about him. Though they would wouldn’t they!

He seems to be as keen to get them motivated as he can and reading between the lines will do whatever it takes to cajole them and get the best out of them.

He'll have hardly had time to get settled into the hotel the speed things moved.  He'll be dizzy from all the rushing about. But It was great to see him out there on the training pitch with the lads. Ok it was early doors and they weren’t doing anything which was going to give away any secrets but he was getting to know the players and their habits and it will have been good for him to be able to see what the players have got in their lockers…

He impressed from the first press conference. The talk of discipline. Of doing whatever it takes. I was also taken with him when he laughed about which style of play he will use. “Whichever one wins matches” . Good man.

He also always says "Wednesday" which might be a little thing. But somehow it warms me. 

Lots of talk on here about the system he plays with many (after scrabbling about on the internet) saying he’s a big fan of the old 4-2-3-1. 

He maybe. But that doesn’t mean we’ll see it necessarily.

Carlos was a big fan of 4-3-3 and how many times did we see that?

Whatever he does we do know from what he said that there will be some messages that will be hammered home to the lads till the cows come home. And I say to that “Good”

Players in my experience like simple instruction. If you go on and on and make it rocket science they lose interest. And forget half of what you’ve said anyway.

Football say Jos, is a simple game the same the world over.

I am very much warming to him.

Image may contain: 1 person, text

Today is a freebie for Jos from me. Yes I want revenge. Yes I want a result. Yes I want to hold my head high afterwards.

But he’s on a hiding to nothing and we just have to back him and the boys to the hilt, which I know we all will do. 

How will he line up?

I don’t know. But one thing is for certain, he’s clearly not behind the door. He’ll have got a grasp on what the blunts are going to do and he’ll find the best way to counter that out with what we’ve got.

I’d do this…

Not actually got that much choice other than putting in Abdi or Matias, who haven’t had much of a look in. You do wonder how much of it is talent and how much of it might be other factors, injury personality etc etc.

Who knows. Maybe he’ll throw them both in and they’ll become born again heros.

One thing I do know. 

His work is the long haul.  Tomorrow isn’t going to make or break our season.

He’s just got to get the best performance out the lads he can. And I think that’s key. We want the result, of course we do, but the performance is as, if not more important.

We want to see the lads fight for every ball. We want to see them drive on. We want to see them challenge every header. Tussle for every 50/50. 

If they do that, whatever the result, they will restore some pride. And that’s what we need after the other fixture.

We've got to get in there and let them fackers know they're in a game. I don't ask anymore than that.

We need to make Leon Clarke look like Leon Clarke again and not a bloody world beater like we did last time!.

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling

WTF:WTF:WTF:WTF:WTF:WTF:WTF:WTF:WTF:WTF:WTF:

COME ON WEDNESDAY!!

Great post Lordship. The late, great WMJ couldn't have put it better himself. Neither could I...

A very good morning to you all. A very focused introduction from mi'lud, appropriate for a day when we've simply got to get in, do the job and get out again. Don't care how we do it - whether it's a scintillating display of flamboyant football or a backs to the wall job where we ride our luck, we simply have to win.

I couldn't bear it if they did the double over us. I'm trying not to even think about the fact that it's rare that they'll have such an opportunity to avenge the true Massacre of '79. Confidence low, uncertainty pervading the club on and off the pitch, a squad ravaged by injuries, fitness issues and a short-sighted inability to blood youngsters. It doesn't bode well.

I think that last factor has the biggest chance of coming back to bite us, as we've got lots of lads in the U23s with the right attributes to fill roles we've had big deficiencies in. With Hutchinson ruled out and Jones underwhelming, we need a tenacious defensive midfielder to get stuck in, make life uncomfortable for United's ball players and contest the midfield, rather like Semedo used to do. Connor Kirby would suit the role perfectly, just as Matt Penney would be a terrific answer to our continuing struggles at left back. It just seems that we've left it too late to introduce them now, it would be far too much of a risk to chuck them into the hostility of Bramall Lane on their Wednesday debut. Sean Clare is perhaps the only one worth considering now that he has some impressive league outings in the third tier under his belt. His drive in midfield and superb set piece deliveries would be most welcome.

If Clare is indeed included in the squad, if not the team, now is the chance for him to write his name in Wednesday folklore. Players like Etienne Esajas, Efan Ekoku and Lloyd Owusu were pretty rubbish all things considered - but are still remembered fondly, because they scored in derbies. Time for our lads to step up, run their blood to water and prove themselves worthy of the shirt. All the recent mishaps can be forgiven with a strong performance and the right result today. 

Despite the fact that it's far from our first choice XI that will go out there today, it's still a talented team full of players we know are capable of performing. Jones was fired up to play against Wolves and needs to provide the same solidity again today, Butterfield needs to bring the composure he demonstrated at Villa Park, Boyd the performances he's consistently delivered at a higher level than this last season. Wouldn't be surprised at all to see Nuhiu start, would love to see him charging around the pitch like an enraged bull released from his cage - there'll inevitably be the odd blunder mixed in, but his passion and unorthodox play will hopefully pose the United defence all the right questions.

Perhaps a draw would do at this point - we leave with dignity intact, our new leader Jos avoiding a mortal blow on his first ever outing in the blue and white. But for me, it's time to believe Jos can remind the squad what they're capable of and silence our noisy neighbours. What a lift it would be, and frankly I'm going to believe it can happen because the alternative doesn't bear thinking about. On a matchday like this, there's no place for moaning, only a superb fanbase showing how it can get behind the team.

COME ON WEDNESDAY!!!

Wednesday 1-0 United (Reach 11)

• Like 2

Once again an outstanding piece

Forecast? You do more OMDTs thru the season lol

I go a dour game 1-0 them at HT

1-2 us at the end

Juuuuuuuuuuuuuuus instant hero and all that

C'mon Wednesday backs to the wall dunkirk spirit or in Jus' case Arnhem spirit :luhukay:

We, fans,club,players want revenge 0-1 will do - just win!!! :Chansiri::CEO::tango: