Sheffield United 0: 0 Sheffield Wednesday

58 minutes ago, pgmetcalf said:

Armed coppers on patrol at the match tonight according to the Star

It's all for show. Much like a Carlos led team they have plenty of ammunition but rarely look like using it.

12 minutes ago, alanharper said:

I can't even remember that! What game was it? Looks like Wembley but the score says 0-0

Think it was the 1-1 at their place when Hirsty scored 2nd half and Bright missed a sitter to win it.

3 hours ago, latemodelchild said:

Right. I'm posting this here to get it off my chest. Neg away if you want. We are going to get absolutely hammered tonight. This team is overweight and unfit. None of them care. Not one of em has any pride in our shirt. Every single one of them is being paid regardless of the result so it doesn't matter to them what the result is. They lost the last game and nothing changed so they'll not be bothered if it happens again. Even if we went down they wouldn't care cos they will either carry on being paid or move. The only people who tonight affects are the fans. And the players couldn't give 2 shiny sh1ts about any of us. 

If we lose 2 nil I'd see that as a victory. They could put boxing day to rest tonight if they show up. Seriously, our team is so gutless and spineless and devoid of any sort of spirit. This season has shown us that over and over again. 

Before anyone starts with the get to the lane or man up or I hope the players aren't as lily livered as you type crap don't bother. I'm as passionate and dyed in the wool as any poster on here. Season ticket holder and old enough to remember worse than this. I'm just sick of this team. The display against Burton summed up this team. Save a penalty then give em 3 more chances to score. If that carries on tonight we are in trouble. I've accepted that we are gonna be mullered. I'm not even nervous about it, first derby in 44 years that I'm not worried or excited about. That's how low this team has brought me. Not because they lack skill, I've cheered much worse, but because they lack everything a Wednesday team should be. 

You may hit that Neg button now, I can afford a few and quite frankly I don't care anymore. 

Lets be right, its hard not to agree with this. 

Anyone who doesn't think that we are going into this game with anything but the potential to get absolutely hammered must be deluded. Credit where it's due, they have goals all over the pitch. They have players who like to run at teams and attack teams from the start. Anyone who saw the shambolic defending against Burton must be dropping bricks right now. Loovens is a tranwreck at the back and a sending off waiting to happen.

This is the first game against them where I haven't been nervous. It feels weird on the day of a derby but I have this overwhelming feeling of the impending doom and an inevitable feeling that we will lose this game. 

And I put the blame squarely at the feet of Carlos.

He has left us with a squad of players who appear to be overweight and by their own admission are unfit. The team is low on confidence, especially the players we are relying on now. 

And he is ultimately to blame for the 4-2 defeat that we suffered earlier in the season. I said it at the time but you could clearly see that Westwood was not fit and should not have played in a game of that importance if he wasn't fit. A fully fit Westwood would have done better with at least two of the four goals that they scored, Im certain of that. So, why not have confidence in your backup keeper. Wildsmith has already shown that he is a competent keeper, even in big games.

Across the city, they must be absolutely buzzing for this.....and can you blame them? No question about it, Wilder will be up for this along with players like Clarke, Sharpe and Evans. He wont need to fire many of their players up for this,

For all intents and purposes this is a makeshift team and now we are talking of pulling unproven players from the u23s for a game of this magnitude. 

Like LMC, you might think Im conceding defeat, Im not, Im just looking at this realistically and the clusterf**k that Carlos has left us with. Hes done far more damage this season than anyone initially realised and we are paying for it. My hope is that the new guy can try and install enough confidence and fitness in such a short space of time that we can potentially get a draw out of the game. 

Its a game thats come a few weeks to early for the manager to have enough impact on the players and the team. For me, if we get a draw tonight it will feel like a 5-0 victory to us. 

43 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

No they shouldn't, when we got it back to 2-2 there was only ever going to be one winner, until we switched off like idiots and let them score straight away.

They deserved to win no doubt due to our pathetic defending but to say it should have been 5-0 to them is just daft when we scored 2 perfectly good goals.

1 hour ago, Mrmason69 said:

On paper it's a massacre tonight for united. 

Of course there will be all those owls fans full of sauce chanting boxing day massacre even though 99%weren't even born or there. 

I was there in the kop. 

Tonight may well be a massacre. United should have won 5-0 at Hillsborough. They may do that tonight 

Then again they may not. 

You are clearly a blade..

37 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

In some ways the current Utd side are much more likeable than their side back then.  Mitch Ward, Hodges, Bradshaw, Dane Whitehouse ,Billy Whitehurst, Alan Cork etc were all absolute scummers.

Oh yes. Absolute shitehouses of the highest order.

Or should that be lowest?

Either way, 100%  shitehouses. 

4 minutes ago, Gresh said:

The Grunters are no world beaters and have started to dip in league form.  Where is the weak link in their team and who should we be targeting to exploit an advantage?

true,anybody would think they were man city av they not lost same amount of games as us,get a fvckin grip

4 hours ago, latemodelchild said:

Right. I'm posting this here to get it off my chest. Neg away if you want. We are going to get absolutely hammered tonight. This team is overweight and unfit. None of them care. Not one of em has any pride in our shirt. Every single one of them is being paid regardless of the result so it doesn't matter to them what the result is. They lost the last game and nothing changed so they'll not be bothered if it happens again. Even if we went down they wouldn't care cos they will either carry on being paid or move. The only people who tonight affects are the fans. And the players couldn't give 2 shiny sh1ts about any of us. 

If we lose 2 nil I'd see that as a victory. They could put boxing day to rest tonight if they show up. Seriously, our team is so gutless and spineless and devoid of any sort of spirit. This season has shown us that over and over again. 

Before anyone starts with the get to the lane or man up or I hope the players aren't as lily livered as you type crap don't bother. I'm as passionate and dyed in the wool as any poster on here. Season ticket holder and old enough to remember worse than this. I'm just sick of this team. The display against Burton summed up this team. Save a penalty then give em 3 more chances to score. If that carries on tonight we are in trouble. I've accepted that we are gonna be mullered. I'm not even nervous about it, first derby in 44 years that I'm not worried or excited about. That's how low this team has brought me. Not because they lack skill, I've cheered much worse, but because they lack everything a Wednesday team should be. 

You may hit that Neg button now, I can afford a few and quite frankly I don't care anymore. 

All a bit over the top for me.

You don’t know that none of them “care”

Theyve been poorly managed for the last few months, at least that’s the way it appears.

We shall see. Football can change very quickly.