Season ticket refund OFFICIAL OFFER

Just now, bobness said:

Give over. He wasn't "listening to fans", he was simply venting his own frustration. 

Listening to fans would be bringing back the stripes, which I'm hopeful will still happen (especially now that no stripes is evidently bad luck!). 

What DC did here was daft, but it doesn't affect anyone other than those who weren't entitled to a refund to begin with. Bring back winning ways (i'll take the stripes as a bonus) and this silly episode will be very quickly forgotten. 

Let's hope the positivity starts with the fans meeting tomorrow night

We will see from that which direction the chairman wishes things to go I think

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Copthorneowl
Just now, @owlstalk said:

Not sure what this bit means?

It means when you do your financial calculations on costings and what you can expect in terms of income you can no longer budget for income from the same numbers because a certain number of season ticket holders are no longer part of the calculations.

I suspect most clubs will look at certainty of income from STH's as recurring and therefore that they can confidently spend x knowing it will be covered by guaranteed incom.

Just now, Copthorneowl said:

It means when you do your financial calculations on costings and what you can expect in terms of income you can no longer budget for income from the same numbers because a certain number of season ticket holders are no longer part of the calculations.

I suspect most clubs will look at certainty of income from STH's as recurring and therefore that they can confidently spend x knowing it will be covered by guaranteed incom.

Yea but it'll be like 3 or 4 wont it?
I'm not sure a revised budget will be needed on the back of this issue

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Copthorneowl
1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Dont doubt that's true but nobody knows at this stage but it still means he can't rely on these people and at this point in time what he will do (like any other businessman) is put in place deterrents to make sure it doesn't grow into big numbers.

I'm sure you or your accountants make similar forecasts running your business  in order to avoid unnecessary financial setbacks.

Guest Bulgaria
6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Exactly. The amount he refunds will most likely cover 2 hours pay for Abdi.

4 minutes ago, Copthorneowl said:

Dont doubt that's true but nobody knows at this stage but it still means he can't rely on these people

He could have focussed instead on winning new business by making the club more attractive to those considering season tickets

Instead we had headlines about how the chairman chucked his teddies and will refund people for their season tickets  etc etc

So as well as losing anyone who gets refunds we also lost potential new *cough* 'customers' *cough* 

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

"I'm really hungry. I want those apples"

"There are some apples on that table right there you could have. You can take those apples but note that if you do I'll smash your face in"

However you put it, it is not a threat, it is the terms of the deal.

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

Guest Copthorneowl
2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

He could have focussed instead on winning new business by making the club more attractive to those considering season tickets

Oh yea the mood of this site and social media was almost entirely negative towards him.  How the hell does he get more season tickets in the current climate of moan moan moan, poor football and declining aspirations, his focus was what was forced on him by people asking for refunds and grumbling about everything under the sun. 

So what did he do he said ok then have your money back but the terms are as follows take them or leave them.

As I've said he should have ignored the detractors stopped his open communications with the fans and got on with the job.  He most certainly would then have been called out for 'not caring or communicating' but like other owners he could and should have ignored this and carried on in running the club.

Like most long term passionate fans I'm sick of reading negative and personal attacks on a guy who spent a fortune and been disrespected by so many on the basis it's their club, we've been hugely lucky to have him given our last twenty years but as we know endless threads of bile against will continue aplenty and he'll eventually say he's had enough then loads on here will celebrate and we'll go back to where we've been, but hey probably we'll be sh*te in stripes so it'll be ok.

My support goes back a long long way and it's not skin deep like some.

Oh yea the mood of this site and social media was almost entirely negative towards him.  How the hell does he get more season tickets in the current climate of moan moan moan, poor football and declining aspirations

Have fit players
Win games

Remove a manager who'd lost his way
Have the new shirts in stock (in all sizes)
Make sure the anniversary watch doesn't go over the ltd edition sales numbers meaning some have to get refunds instead

Make sure the ltd edition anniversary picture doesn't have player names on it the wrong way round
Don't post crazy mad posts on the official website late at night
Recruit better players
Spend more wisely
Match up the exec box prices to the levels of demand for them
Announce a return to stripes next season on the shirts
Say that he's looking at ticket pricing for coming seasons
Say something that will give fans hope that things are going to get better

etc

etc

etc

etc

etc

etc

Instead he chose to focus on 5 or so mad letters that he got from people who were frustrated at how things were going when we all know that they didn't mean it, and that a few wins would mean it all goes away instantly anyway

Now...

If YOU were chairman what route would YOU have gone down to get your club firing on all cylinders positively and end most of the criticism?

Owlstalk Shop

Like most long term passionate fans I'm sick of reading negative and personal attacks on a guy who spent a fortune and been disrespected by so many on the basis it's their club, we've been hugely lucky to have him given our last twenty years but as we know endless threads of bile 

And this is hyperbole. Criticism is not bile and much of it is about pricing and kits - things which people who have been following the club for many years care about. IN may case my first game was 1972 and including the notorious sub 7k crowd. You may say our support is skin deep. Who are you to say? To me Chansiri is not Wednesday - but I wouldn't attack you for backing an owner over what I think are our traditions and national reputation by saying your support is skin deep or laud myself as a better supporter than you. We just have different opinions.

Edited by rickygoo

Guest Copthorneowl
Just now, rickygoo said:

Simply untrue. Season ticket refunds have never been an issue until the 2am posting.  

Youve made your mind up you don't like him or anything he's done, you've posted as such,  you put things like shirts higher than any of the many many good things he's brought to the club. You'll be happy when we are swimming in league one with striped shirts £20 tickets and crap players...I won't .

2 minutes ago, Striggy said:

However you put it, it is not a threat, it is the terms of the deal.

I note your confusion @owlstalk but it is not a threat, were it seen as a contract situation, there has to be offer, consideration and acceptance.  Offer = I will give you your money back, but in consideration you will waive your right to future STs.  Acceptance is if you accept the offer and give the consideration. It is not a threat!

ps cant do this @owlstalk thinggy! :biggrin:

@OWLSTALK

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

Guest Copthorneowl
1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Have fit players
Win games

Make sure the anniversary watch doesn't go over the ltd edition sales numbers meaning some have to get refunds instead

Make sure the ltd edition anniversary picture doesn't have player names on it the wrong way round
Recruit better players
Spend more wisely

etc

etc

etc

etc

etc

etc

Instead he chose to focus on 5 or so mad letters that he got from people who were frustrated at how things were going when we all know that they didn't mean it, and that a few wins would mean it all goes away instantly anyway

Now...

If YOU were chairman what route would YOU have gone down to get your club firing on all cylinders positively and end most of the criticism?

Look if you want a debate and I post a hundred or so words post against them don't pick out 20 words that suits your argument and focus  on them your ignoring what you can't debate against its childish.

Youve made your mind up you don't like him or anything he's done, you've posted as such,  you put things like shirts higher than any of the many many good things he's brought to the club. You'll be happy when we are swimming in league one with striped shirts £20 tickets and crap players...I won't .

Will I really? Now you are being silly. I like the investment and the pitch. But much of the spending has been money wasted and there's little else to crow about.  

8 minutes ago, Copthorneowl said:

Look if you want a debate and I post a hundred or so words post against them don't pick out 20 words that suits your argument and focus  on them your ignoring what you can't debate against its childish.

But which one would you choose to do if you were the chairman?

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Copthorneowl
9 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

And this is hyperbole. Criticism is not bile and much of it is about pricing and kits - things which people who have been following the club for many years care about. IN may case my first game was 1972 and including the notorious sub 7k crowd. You may say our support is skin deep. Who are you to say? To me Chansiri is not Wednesday - but I wouldn't attack you for backing an owner over what I think are our traditions and national reputation by saying your support is skin deep or laud myself as a better supporter than you. We just have different opinions.

Fair enough as you say your first game was 1972 mine was 1957, as for who am I to say just a supporter like you I don't say I'm better or worse but perhaps I can say without doubt that I'm not remotely as negative towards a man who has shown nothing but passion for the club, done everything he can to be part of the club "talk about a family" and put his money where his mouth is.

If you want to see the back of him you're definitely going about it the right way.  My last word by the way.

15 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Have fit players
Win games

Recruit better players
Spend more wisely

etc

etc

etc

etc

etc

etc

Now...

11 minutes ago, Copthorneowl said:

Look if you want a debate and I post a hundred or so words post against them don't pick out 20 words that suits your argument and focus on them your ignoring what you can't debate against its childish.

Just saying...

lol

Owlstalk Shop

Fair enough as you say your first game was 1972 mine was 1957, as for who am I to say just a supporter like you I don't say I'm better or worse but perhaps I can say without doubt that I'm not remotely as negative towards a man who has shown nothing but passion for the club, done everything he can to be part of the club "talk about a family" and put his money where his mouth is.

If you want to see the back of him you're definitely going about it the right way.  My last word by the way.

You said your support wasn't skin deep unlike others. 

I don't want to see the back of him. I want him to spend his money in a cannier way, I want him to act like we're part of a family and not just talk about it and I want him to stick by the clubs traditions. It's not much.

• Like 1