Season ticket refund OFFICIAL OFFER

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

"I'm really hungry. I want those apples"

"There are some apples on that table right there you could have. You can take those apples but note that if you do I'll smash your face in"

The correct analogy would be

"There are some apples on that table right there you could have. You can take those apples but they will cost you £x per lb" unless of course you are earning a living by giving away free apples?

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

That article does come across as my way or the highway by the chairman.

Just a personal thing but all the 'Sheffield Wednesday Family' thing I find a bit cringey.

Edited by matthefish2002

6 minutes ago, Striggy said:

The correct analogy would be

"There are some apples on that table right there you could have. You can take those apples but they will cost you £x per lb" unless of course you are earning a living by giving away free apples?

The correct analogy would be  -

"I know I got a refund for some apples but times have changed.  I'd like to sign a contract to buy 23 - I see you have a surplus anyway. I recognise there will be no refunds this time."

"No you can buy them one at a time. I'd rather take the chance I won't sell my surplus and let them rot than sell you a load you fair-weather apple muncher"

22 minutes ago, Copthorneowl said:

Fair enough as you say your first game was 1972 mine was 1957, as for who am I to say just a supporter like you I don't say I'm better or worse but perhaps I can say without doubt that I'm not remotely as negative towards a man who has shown nothing but passion for the club, done everything he can to be part of the club "talk about a family" and put his money where his mouth is.

If you want to see the back of him you're definitely going about it the right way.  My last word by the way.

It must be something about attending your first game in 1957, me to a tee. Any other 1957 clubbers out there to join me and Copthorneowl ? 

I think its fair enough personally. When you bought a season ticket there was no room for refund, so by offering one he’s already done more than he needed to.

If anyone wanted to take the offer up, why should they then keep their points?

Why should they be able to buy a season ticket again, if it goes badly again they’ll probably want another refund!

When you buy a season ticket, you make a commitment to support the club over the season, there is never a guarantee it’ll go well on the pitch. I’ve had one years & currently have a 3 year one, we’ve been in a much worse state than we are now in the past. 

Edited by mark.flem
  • Thanks 1

Just now, mark.flem said:

why should they be able to buy a season ticket again, if it goes badly again they’ll probably want another season ticket

I think you mean refund at the end of that?

If so - they wouldn't be able to get one because there'd be another chairman by then who wouldn't dream of offering refunds out 

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Copthorneowl
9 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

It must be something about attending your first game in 1957, me to a tee. Any other 1957 clubbers out there to join me and Copthorneowl ? 

Must be more popular than 1867 club membership and we could make our own plaque and bluetak it onto our seats

Guest Copthorneowl
4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Are there any still alive?

lol

Alive and very well as you should know better than mostlol

24 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I think you mean refund at the end of that?

If so - they wouldn't be able to get one because there'd be another chairman by then who wouldn't dream of offering refunds out 

What gives you the impression they’ll be another chairman any time soon?

Just now, mark.flem said:

What gives you the impression they’ll be another chairman any time soon?

There always is

lol

First thing a new chairman would do is get stripes back on the new shirts (I expect this to be announced tomorrow at the fans meeting btw), scrap the refund thing entirely, and get all the fans on side again

Owlstalk Shop