VIDEO - New manager press conference in full

16 minutes ago, Fuzzy logics said:

I thought they handled things well.

My big issue was with the quality of the questions on the Press side of things...really poor in my opinion.

Sack the Press! 

Calm down Donald. 

About what hat was expected. Standard questions, standard answers. Real difference will be shown on the pitch hopefully. 

Mr Chansiri he likes football, he has a passion for football.

This came across to JL straight away.

Liking it from my point of view.

Another view is that if he is driven away from here, he will go on to do it elsewhere.

I think Jos came across really well. First impressions were good and I hope he'll be the man to take us forward. 

He seems like a calm chap and I've no doubt he knows his football. Just needs to have a bit of luck on the injury front and get some players lacking in confidence firing again.

31 minutes ago, sMacLean said:

Press were amateur, repeated questions all the time.Chansiri made me laugh when he said chairman and leader.

Jos is really likeable and think he'll do fine.Thought Chansiri might have said i picked him as he has a history of promotions.

Sounds like we might get turgid football for a while though if he has no faith in the extended squad.

Those 5 players from U23's have a real chance to take now.

Chansiri clearly has the final say on things.He got the nark when asked 3 years in what exactly is your footballing philosophy lol

Yeah Chansiri's never had a footballing philosophy and why would he. He's not a football man so I wish he never gave that comment before, he clearly felt he had too as it's the cool thing to have these philisophies nowadays. If he just said a winning, successful philisophy that would be fine by me.

Like Staton but thought he was particularly poor with the questions asked, didn't sound personable or welcoming to Jos either and he irked DC with a few questions. Also too many similar and unclear questions made it look a bit farcical at times. Not the best way to make the new manager feel at home, he should be made to feel wanted right away.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
2 hours ago, Weshallovercome said:

Difficult to judge anything from that with them both speaking limited english.

Surprised Jos's isn't better with him being Dutch, but he'll be saying ayup love soon enough.

Still better than Carlos!  Least I can understand him clearly!

I don’t think anyone can be either impressed or unimpressed by it, in terms of a press conference. We are quite far removed from it, there isn’t anything to really identify with at this stage and Jos hasn’t gone on the charm offensive like Carlos did. Not that he should though.

However, he is clearly a quietly confident man with a lot of experience. I thought his English would be better and hopefully that doesn’t hold him back in the short term but it’s all a case of wait and see. 

DC did seem a little peeved with one or two questions but I think he needs to get used to it. If he makes these kind of choices then people will ask questions.

Guest wilyfox

I particularly enjoyed the bit where Jos said the team is crap, and Chansiri promised to spend many millions putting it right. That's all I needed to hear. 

3 hours ago, owls101 said:

Jos' English isn't as good as I thought it would be 

Maybe not straight away but at least this one doesn't have a clique of four assistants, with whom he can carry on speaking in his native language, isolating all of the other staff and the majority of the players. Carlos' poor English might have been forgivable to start with, but no improvement in 2 1/2 years? Not so much.

Can decide whether Friday will be a famous win, first game as manager etc. 

Or we could lose 13-1, with Leon Clarke getting 9. 

The whole situation is very odd. Comes across as a really nice guy. But it's like watching an Austin Powers film. There's something not quite right about the whole thing. 

16 minutes ago, vulva said:

Can decide whether Friday will be a famous win, first game as manager etc. 

Or we could lose 13-1, with Leon Clarke getting 9. 

The whole situation is very odd. Comes across as a really nice guy. But it's like watching an Austin Powers film. There's something not quite right about the whole thing. 

Yes, it’s almost surreal and far removed from the norm. 

4 hours ago, swfc-dan said:

Bit of an awkward interview at times, at least between Rob and Chansiri! Rob needs to learn when to let things go, the repeated questions about any chance of promotion this year were both silly and unecessary. He as much as anyone knows it would take a miracle to achieve it this year, no need to put Jos under pressure with that possibility. You could tell DC wasn't too fond of him lol  Mentioning the CEO raising eyebrows with fans and one or two other things he said were unprofessional for a new managers interview and created tension which is not what he should be doing when welcoming a new manager.

Jos came across well though and seems a personable guy. His English isn't great but I guess we couldn't guarantee it would be. I liked how honest and open he was and how he wants to improve the players and create a team spirit which he's right is so important.

Agree, Staton is a right tvvat. Always thought so because of the way he talks to people on FH but this has reinforced that belief

3 hours ago, swfc-dan said:

Like Staton but thought he was particularly poor with the questions asked, didn't sound personable or welcoming to Jos either and he irked DC with a few questions. Also too many similar and unclear questions made it look a bit farcical at times. Not the best way to make the new manager feel at home, he should be made to feel wanted right away.

It was almost like he had prepared by scribbling a few half 4rsed questions on the back of a *** packet.

Poor preparation and execution by Staton for a very important press conference.

My attention wavered between being interested in the subjects and distracted by some of his annoying lines of enquiry.

Good interviewers are like good refs, you don't notice them and sadly this can't be said of Staton.

4/10 must do better.