VIDEO - New manager press conference in full

Not sure what people expected from this first press conference. Personally I enjoyed it. Jos speaks great. Couldn't say anything different to what he did after one days training and three days at the club. Chansiri is the gaffer. Yes he looks a bit peed off with some questions but he answered in the best way he can. I'm positive about this relationship. Bring on a steady improvement through the remainder of this season, and into another push next season. 

Bit of an awkward interview at times, at least between Rob and Chansiri! Rob needs to learn when to let things go, the repeated questions about any chance of promotion this year were both silly and unecessary. He as much as anyone knows it would take a miracle to achieve it this year, no need to put Jos under pressure with that possibility. You could tell DC wasn't too fond of him lol  Mentioning the CEO raising eyebrows with fans and one or two other things he said were unprofessional for a new managers interview and created tension which is not what he should be doing when welcoming a new manager.

Jos came across well though and seems a personable guy. His English isn't great but I guess we couldn't guarantee it would be. I liked how honest and open he was and how he wants to improve the players and create a team spirit which he's right is so important.

Edited by swfc-dan

12 minutes ago, swfc-dan said:

Bit of an awkward interview at times, at least between Rob and Chansiri! Rob needs to learn when to let things go, the repeated questions about any chance of promotion this year were both silly and unecessary. He as much as anyone knows it would take a miracle to achieve it this year, no need to put Jos under pressure with that possibility. You could tell DC wasn't too fond of him lol  Mentioning the CEO raising eyebrows with fans and one or two other things he said were unprofessional for a new managers interview and created tension which is not what he should be doing when welcoming a new manager.

I didn't see any of that in it to be fair

Owlstalk Shop

Press were amateur, repeated questions all the time.Chansiri made me laugh when he said chairman and leader.

Jos is really likeable and think he'll do fine.Thought Chansiri might have said i picked him as he has a history of promotions.

Sounds like we might get turgid football for a while though if he has no faith in the extended squad.

Those 5 players from U23's have a real chance to take now.

Chansiri clearly has the final say on things.He got the nark when asked 3 years in what exactly is your footballing philosophy lol

• Like 1