Paulo Fonseca

Just now, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Was linked previously, reputable journo linked him too. Fits the bill of the chairman wants a big name, he is agent is Doyen....

He won't come here, but I can almost guarantee we're interested in him.

I’m interested in Claudia Schiffer 

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, ramone said:

I this guy hasn’t even heard of us

To be honest, the feeling's mutual.

Looking at his record, he's just another Carlos.  He's only 44 and managed 9 clubs - thats some going!  

Would much rather bring someone in with a bit more experience of British football  - even if they didnt 'beat Man City' one time.

13 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

Chansiri is trying for Fonseca at Sheff Wed. Going to be very hard. But been trying now for over a week. And remains first choice.

1 reply0 retweets6 likes

Retweet

Not just the bookies making it up then as some on here believe! but very unlikely to happen.

Tho maybe we can sell him the idea of a long term project and it’s an escape from a difficult living/working environment.

I think it was Shakhtar who rejected Everton’s approach so that’s probably the biggest hurdle facing Chansiri right now. As Doyan must have said Fonseca would be interested or why bother 

Guest wilyfox

Here comes the Fonseca, manager
I'm the lyrical gangster, manager 
Pick up the crew in-a de area, manager
Still love you like that, manager...

2 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:

Not just the bookies making it up then as some on here believe! but very unlikely to happen.

Tho maybe we can sell him the idea of a long term project and it’s an escape from a difficult living/working environment.

I think it was Shakhtar who rejected Everton’s approach so that’s probably the biggest hurdle facing Chansiri right now. As Doyan must have said Fonseca would be interested or why bother 

I thought everton never approached him and was just rumours ?

There is no way he would stay there and turn down a big PL side like Everton champion league or not .

Edited by TaxiMark

On 25/12/2017 at 16:30, Southie_Owl said:

For anyone wanting some bedtime reading later this article talks about his achievements and style of play. Seems he’s a 4231 man... 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/theback3.wordpress.com/2017/06/14/paulo-fonseca-a-man-of-style-and-maybe-europes-next-coaching-commodity/amp/

Some interesting stats, he seems a bit of a Potchettino manager in style of play.  

We’ll probably end up with Steve McLaren 

:duntmatter:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

He seems quite similar to Carlos and Karanka with the possession game and a strict system.  When it works it looks stylish and everyone loves it, when it doesn’t we’ve just seen what happens.

It involves the high press When Carlos pressed high, it worked Only when we started bringing in all these past their sell by date players who were incapable of pressing, did it all start to go wrong

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

It involves the high press When Carlos pressed high, it worked Only when we started bringing in all these past their sell by date players who were incapable of pressing, did it all start to go wrong

Kind of, CC didn’t employ the pressing often enough in the last 18 months and the squad has been largely that of the playoff final. The injuries and the perceived lack of fitness probably didn’t help. 

The new manager will have the same squad to work with.

1 minute ago, Bluesteel said:

Kind of, CC didn’t employ the pressing often enough in the last 18 months and the squad has been largely that of the playoff final. The injuries and the perceived lack of fitness probably didn’t help. 

The new manager will have the same squad to work with.

No, no, I agree It was only in that first season that he employed it Then we frittered away the best part of £30m on players who were incapable of playing that game It’s been said many times, but remains true, had we had spent that money on 3 or 4 players who could make that system work, we’d have been in the Premier League by now

Your point about any new manager having the same players to work with, is also true That’s why I think it will all be about planning for next season We, or DC, needs to step back from this short term approach, and help the coach build a club with a proper identity

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

No, no, I agree It was only in that first season that he employed it Then we frittered away the best part of £30m on players who were incapable of playing that game It’s been said many times, but remains true, had we had spent that money on 3 or 4 players who could make that system work, we’d have been in the Premier League by now

Your point about any new manager having the same players to work with, is also true That’s why I think it will all be about planning for next season We, or DC, needs to step back from this short term approach, and help the coach build a club with a proper identity

Agreed, but even with wasting a fair bit of money, how come the pressing game wasn’t maintained when we played the team and system that had previously employed it?

1 minute ago, Bluesteel said:

Agreed, but even with wasting a fair bit of money, how come the pressing game wasn’t maintained when we played the team and system that had previously employed it?

I really don’t know, but that’s what cost Carlos his job. Can’t imagine the likes of Fletcher and Rhodes pressing from the front