Paulo Fonseca

33 minutes ago, Mr. Wednesday said:

On the other hand if we got a experienced British manager in or a defensive minded manager in, whatever we do and whoever we bring in, changes are needed and we need to rebuild for next season and the future. We need to get rid of some players, give some we already got a go and bring in players to suit whatever way we play more effectively, whether we play defensive, attacking or whatever style?

We do yes, but it is easier and cheaper to build a side that keeps it simple/functional rather than needing specific kinds of players to fit into a very technical system

5 minutes ago, striker said:

If DC thinks he is the right man and can get him, great. If not won't lose any sleep over it.

My reading of it is that Chansiri wants another foreign coach. Unless we go for Nigel Pearson, I can't really see us going for any British managers, our of the British managers in the betting list Pearson is probably one of the only ones that ticks the boxes of what Chansiri's said to have said what he wants. He supposedly wants a sexy exciting big name to bring back the excitement and attacking football of Carlos' first season. To me that sounds like we're going to get another foreign coach and there are a few exciting ones in the betting. Fonseca's name is one of the most interesting and exciting to me, along with the likes of Bergkamp, if we're going to take a gamble and build for the future? But if not then someone like Slavisa Jokanovic makes sense to me because he knows the level, favours attacking possession football and has worked with a few of our players before.

12 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Having Jorge Mendes and champions league players helps with that!

Yep it sure does but just saying Paulo Fonseca would be a similar exciting coup for this level as Nuno Santo was for Wolves, if we somehow manage to get him? Fonseca excited me the most out of all the names on the betting list, slightly more so than Slavisa Jokanovic, Dean Smith and Dennis Bergkamp. However I have a strong feeling whoever we get will probably be foreign again?

1 minute ago, Mr. Wednesday said:

Yep it sure does but just saying Paulo Fonseca would be a similar exciting coup for this level as Nuno Santo was for Wolves, if we somehow manage to get him? Fonseca excited me the most out of all the names on the betting list, slightly more so than Slavisa Jokanovic, Dean Smith and Dennis Bergkamp. However I have a strong feeling whoever we get will probably be foreign again?

Exciting yes, but this league is more competitive than Ukraine or Portugal and he won’t have a blank canvas. 

15 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Exciting yes, but this league is more competitive than Ukraine or Portugal and he won’t have a blank canvas. 

We'll see but he looks the real deal to me and would be a major coup for this level like Nuno Santo. He seems to me a manager on the way to the top and if we don't get him, I can see him managing in the Premier League next season. If Chansiri's got the connections and had long term interest in Fonseca and can somehow pull it off, I would think it would be worth the wait if we have to wait till the summer and keep Bullen in temporary charge? If not Fonseca I can see it being another foreign coach, I really think our next manager will be a foreign coach again and can't see us getting a British manager?

Edited by Mr. Wednesday

7 hours ago, Mr. Wednesday said:

Yet Nuno Santo is taking the Championship by storm and he hasn't won anything in Portugal or anywhere else as a manager. Unlike Paulo Fonseca, who has won managerial honours and got a small Portuguese club into the Champions League and doing well in it this season too?

Good point. Not everyone’s the same

15 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Let’s make the Doyen link work for us, for a change He is one of the most respected young managers in Europe, so if we could get him, it would be a no brainer

Agree and I think he is probably number 1 choice of DC. Problem is he actually has to want to come and manage us, are we an attractive enough proposition to leave champions league football for?? I would suggest not or he would be here already I’d of thought.

Edited by swfc1983

3 minutes ago, swfc1983 said:

Agree and I think he is probably number 1 choice of DC. Problem is he actually has to want to come and manage us, are we an attractive enough proposition to leave champions league football for?? I would suggest not or he would be here already I’d of thought.

Yes, you’re probably right The only thing that might work in our favour though, is that Doyen link, and the chairman’s ambition Oh, and would anyone really want to live in Ukraine

What is probably happening is that Doyen are searching their list of “employees “ to find possible candidates.

Any potential candidate is then interviewed by Chansiri to basically decide whether they can work together and whether he likes the guy. McLaren probably failed this bit being a boring git.