Paulo Fonseca

4 minutes ago, Quist said:

Have a read of Paul cook thread I explained my stance in that thread.

I would like to see what your thoughts are and reasoning behind them.

The fans and my self want a manager who will give the club a lift just by appointing him, I don't think the signing of Paul Cook would enthuse the fans despite his record.  He needs to manage a smaller championship club before managing us (a tad arrogant there) and prove himself, make himself a name.  

A good shout but wrong time in my humble opinion.

DC needs a manager to get the fans back onside (I'm onside already).

1 hour ago, Bluesteel said:

Nixon was reporting the interest earlier (apologies if already mentioned). 

Its ambitious and would be a stylish appointment. I’m still not sure that’s what we need though given that this league is an acquired taste and he’s yet to experience it.

Yes, but when someone asked Nixon a week or so ago if Chansiri was looking for someone else, he described the target as "too big".

16 minutes ago, Watson said:

The fans and my self want a manager who will give the club a lift just by appointing him, I don't think the signing of Paul Cook would enthuse the fans despite his record.  He needs to manage a smaller championship club before managing us (a tad arrogant there) and prove himself, make himself a name.  

A good shout but wrong time in my humble opinion.

DC needs a manager to get the fans back onside (I'm onside already).

I am onside already too I do not need a lift. Personally would like someone who knows leagues in England going outside this to smaller leagues in Europe is even greater risk. All fans will be onside when we start progressing.  It is not something which generally works and success is more easily to predict with a quantity which is known. No expert on Ukranian football so do not know standard but substantially different to English I would imagine.

1 minute ago, Quist said:

I am onside already too I do not need a lift. Personally would like someone who knows leagues in England going outside this to smaller leagues in Europe is even greater risk. All fans will be onside when we start progressing.  It is not something which generally works and success is more easily to predict with a quantity which is known. No expert on Ukranian football so do not know standard but substantially different to English I would imagine.

You make a good case but I still think he's not yet a big enough name. 

11 minutes ago, Quist said:

I take your point here but Santo isn’t doing so badly (was he managing in Portugeuse league). There’s a lot of English managers who would jump at last 16 in the Champions League. I’ve watched some clips today and from what i’ve seen Fonseca has got Donetsk playing some great football. It’s certainly the case that the Championship is a tough league and it suits Warnock style coaching but quite a few teams like Watford and Brighton (even udders last year) have done it playing good attacking football. I think (hope) we’ll see more of this so if it’s not just paper talk he gets my vote. 

Would be an incredible appointment, only manager in world football to beat Pep in a competitive game for over six months. It seems totally unrealistic but we're still in pretty uncharted waters when it comes to DC and appointing managers, he's only had one stab at it and didn't do a bad job the first time around. He's clearly got money and connections, let's see how far he can push them.

8 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Must just be me who is sick of everything Portuguese.

With you totally on this, we need a change away from what we just had. I know little about the chap and i suspect until his team beat Manchester City so did most others.