Please no, not Megson, please no...

3 hours ago, Will69 said:

Just to counter the utterly bizarre obsession with Megson coming back I am stating here and now that (in my own opinion) he shouldn’t be coming back.

We need to move on, let heroes lie in the past, build a new brighter future not look back to the past.

No more heroes anymore.

Is he going to get an ice pick that makes his ears burn?

2 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

Megson is a footballing dinosaur . The game has moved on from his type of football 

Absolutely, I've been on the edge of my seat this past 12-months watching this modern stuff.

And them scrubbers from the lane were dead lucky to beat us playing up-and-at-em old style.

And jammy Leicester had the cheek to win the fooookin prem league anall, the daft twots if they had passed it about between the back 4 they would easily have finished mid-table.

2 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Absolutely, I've been on the edge of my seat this past 12-months watching this modern stuff.

And them scrubbers from the lane were dead lucky to beat us playing up-and-at-em old style.

And jammy Leicester had the cheek to win the fooookin prem league anall, the daft twots if they had passed it about between the back 4 they would easily have finished mid-table.

100% this whole thing “football moved on” is laughable. There is no one set to play. Even Man Utd play a counter attack game. 

2 minutes ago, owlmanc said:

100% this whole thing “football moved on” is laughable. There is no one set to play. Even Man Utd play a counter attack game. 

You’re comparing Man Utd to megson’s tactics?

i really do struggle to believe how some people can’t understand basic football and liken Man Utd’s, Leicester’s and even the Pigs’ attacking, get the ball forward quickly, counter-attacking wing-play to Megson’s 1980s esque long ball hoof ball. 

Megson did a job in getting passion back and making Hillsborough a tough place to visit for away teams, his limitations showed as the season wore on, Jones tweaked what we had and won promotion.

I'm sure we've advanced as a club enough for Megson not to be in the frame, he did his bit.

8 hours ago, DuncOwl said:

i really do struggle to believe how some people can’t understand basic football and liken Man Utd’s, Leicester’s and even the Pigs’ attacking, get the ball forward quickly, counter-attacking wing-play to Megson’s 1980s esque long ball hoof ball. 

Yeah megson didn’t sign Marshall and Antonio to play on the wings did he. He knows pace and strength are vital to what a team needs. The current squad have neither 

12 hours ago, Will69 said:

Just to counter the utterly bizarre obsession with Megson coming back I am stating here and now that (in my own opinion) he shouldn’t be coming back.

We need to move on, let heroes lie in the past, build a new brighter future not look back to the past.

No more heroes anymore.

Couldn't agree more.

I am not a fan of Mr Megson and have stated I wouldn’t want him back. I will however be behind the next manager whoever it may be.

I would rather us move forward with a young ambitious manager and I couldn’t give a monkeys where they are from, as long as they fall in love with our massive club. We have a chance to start again next season and build for the future. 

Merry Christmas to everybody and I hope you all have a lovely day with family and friends!!

Get on those sprouts!!!

10 hours ago, DuncOwl said:

Yep it beats passing it sideways for 5mins. Then hooooof, btw a lot of leicester's goals/play was straight down the middle, as is brizzle c and cardiff