BREAKING NEWS : CARLOS CARVALHAL LEAVES by mutual consent

Bez

21 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Please please please get this next appointment right DC, not an unknown foreign manager, we need someone who knows the league and knows how to play exciting attacking football. 

Tell that to Wolves and Huddersfield! 

5 hours ago, Royal_D said:

I feel so sorry for carlos tonight, it’s ended on a sour note in my opinion no

matter what anybody says.. yes there were problems , but for me on a personal level I’ll never be comfortable with the abuse that was levelled towards him, it wasn’t acceptable in my eyes

this was a man who loved Sheffield Wednesday Football Club 

What abuse? Genuine question 

A crazy reaction. A few points:

- He has had bag fulls of patience and support at games from the fans this year. Stating anything different is simply a lie.

- He will have got a massive pay off/have made loads as a football manager. All of you trying to pull on the heart strings as it's Christmas, give it a rest. It'll be more money than most will earn in their life time.

- People keep harping on about class. What class? His interviews this season have been nothing short of embarrassing. Re-watch his tirade towards channel 5 - and he was WRONG.

- The football we have played this year has been appalling to the point of us simply not understanding how we are going about trying to win games.

- He has spent millions and millions on crap yet we still rely on the same spine from before he arrived. He hasn't strengthened in areas we have required for 2-3 years now. He plays a system of utilising full backs but thinks that Fox and Hunt are good enough for that??

- Injuries; WTF is going on here? The amount we have had since he has taken charge is nothing short of crazy. It doesn't add up. And he refuses to give any updates in his riddle filled interviews.

1000% the right decision.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, roundhayowl said:

- He has had bag fulls of patience and support at games from the fans this year. Stating anything different is simply a lie.

- He will have got a massive pay off/have made loads as a football manager. All of you trying to pull on the heart strings as it's Christmas, give it a rest. It'll be more money than most will earn in their life time.

- People keep harping on about class. What class? His interviews this season have been nothing short of embarrassing. Re-watch his tirade towards channel 5 - and he was WRONG.

- The football we have played this year has been appalling to the point of us simply not understanding how we are going about trying to win games.

- He has spent millions and millions on crap yet we still rely on the same spine from before he arrived. He hasn't strengthened in areas we have required for 2-3 years now. He plays a system of utilising full backs but thinks that Fox and Hunt are good enough for that??

- Injuries; WTF is going on here? The amount we have had since he has taken charge is nothing short of crazy. It doesn't add up. And he refuses to give any updates in his riddle filled interviews.

Give it a rest please, it's Christmas day

Dont think CC is a bad bloke or that bad a coach just out stayed his welcome at Wednesday.

But dont understand all these posts of feeling so sorry for him and heartfelt thanks for everything he has done for the club.

And especially those ones of its a disgrace the fans and people of Sheffield want someone to lose thier job.

Feel more sorry for medical staff who lost thier jobs when CC was shifting blame onto them end of last season.

27 minutes ago, roundhayowl said:

The comments re out full backs is the most obvious failure of his squad building. None of them are anywhere near the level required to play the system he does 

8 hours ago, Royal_D said:

matter what anybody says.. yes there were problems , but for me on a personal level I’ll never be comfortable with the abuse that was levelled towards him, it wasn’t acceptable in my eyes

If he loved SWFC so much how come the football style of play ended up like a slow motion car crash!

10 hours ago, Royal_D said:

Apparently no abuse was ever levelled at him.

According to some on here.

This will probably continue to rumble on until a replacement is found

Personally (and so far, I've deliberately kept my opinions to myself) the news, the timing of it and the reaction I've read over the past day or two has put a downer on an already worrying sequence of events

Y' see folks, I don't necessarily share this belief that changing the coach/manager was all that was required in order to get everything back on track

I came across this quote earlier today ...

“The bigger issue is we could not handle our injury situation - that is not an excuse, that is just the facts. At the moment some players do not know how to get their form back and that leads to insecurity, mistakes, inactivity and I did not see any tackles.”

That may well have been Carlos reacting to our performance against Boro on Saturday but in actual fact it was Uwe Rosler after his side's home defeat to Gillingham

The latest defeat in a run of eight league matches without a win (their last was October 28th) and a return of just 3pts has seen Fleetwood (finished 4th last season, and failed in the play-offs) slide down to 15th in the table

I wouldn't expect Fleetwood to sack Rosler over a string of poor results

Their injuries will probably clear up sooner or later, form will return as will confidence, and they'll most likely look back on their mid-season slump as an unfortunate blip that ultimately cost them another shot at promotion

And that's just how I viewed our own situation, right up to Carlos' departure

Now I'm not so sure

We might get an appointment that fires everyone's imagination - I sure hope so, but I won't hold my breath all the same

In the meantime, maybe Lee Bullen can persuade the players to accept some responsibility for what's happened and we'll get to see an appropriate response over the next few games - I'm kind of relying on this tbf

But by the same token, I'd be disappointed if our current injury crisis were to evaporate almost overnight

13 hours ago, Royal_D said:

One of my pet hates is people on here or on facebook telling how much certain players or managers 'love' the club.

End of the day its just a job to them. A better offer and they would be off in no time.

Also not saying Carlos received no abuse but its been a bit exaggerated how much he got.

Getting a bit of stick is part and parcel of being a player or manager. 

Edited by matthefish2002