MESSAGE FROM THE SWFC CHAIRMAN (and he's not happy)

Guest Copthorneowl
38 minutes ago, Andoverowl said:

Merry Christmas to you and yours mate UTO

Thanks Andover hope you have a good day and your family...keep the faith as they say WAWAW.

23 hours ago, poite said:

My question to him would be around  what exactly he believes the fans responsibility is?

We pay through the f-in roof to watch some of the worst football I've ever seen from a Wednesday side.

As a fan, what responsibility do we have other than the care of children we bring with us.

Sorry DC that was paragraph after of paragraph of utter woffle. Clearly has absolutely no idea what English football is like.

Some of the worst football you have ever seen at Hillsborough?

That one sentence exposes you at best as a complete and utter idiot or at worse a pig!

Ran this through a TLDR generator. AI elecits the important points. 

——————————

If some fans are dissatisfied then I wouldsuggest they ask any third party concerned firsthand and invite them here to the stadium to talkface to face in an open forum which fans canwitness.

Our fansour former employeesformer playersor anyone can have their sayno problemand Ican have my say toowhich is fair on both sides.

Fans buy Season Tickets to support their cluband to get the best price and before I came heredid anyone ask for a refundI understand theexpectations are higher right now but I trulybelieve that any fan should not come and watchus it makes them unhappy.

If your family or your boss said you are bad allthe timedo you start to believe you are bad allthe timeFamilies are supposed to staytogetherin good times and bad. I have to askis my worth just to invest money for our fansIsit for the fansbenefit and advantage onlyIhave never thought like this before but nowmaybe I start to think the samelike business.

What is the responsibility of all of our fansI amhappy to take responsibility for everything asleader but I ask everyone who abuses or speakswith no respectplease do not damage the teamor the clubwhich I cannot accept at allbecausethis job is long term and far from finished.

Many people have told me 'do not say bad to thefans'.

If today some of our fans do not believe or donot trust me anymorethey should let me knowbecause there is no point in me being here awayfrom my family even though SheffieldWednesday is in my blood and Hillsborough islike my second home.

2 hours ago, jamsandwich said:

Ran this through a TLDR generator. AI elecits the important points. 

——————————

If some fans are dissatisfied then I wouldsuggest they ask any third party concerned firsthand and invite them here to the stadium to talkface to face in an open forum which fans canwitness.

Our fansour former employeesformer playersor anyone can have their sayno problemand Ican have my say toowhich is fair on both sides.

Fans buy Season Tickets to support their cluband to get the best price and before I came heredid anyone ask for a refundI understand theexpectations are higher right now but I trulybelieve that any fan should not come and watchus it makes them unhappy.

If your family or your boss said you are bad allthe timedo you start to believe you are bad allthe timeFamilies are supposed to staytogetherin good times and bad. I have to askis my worth just to invest money for our fansIsit for the fansbenefit and advantage onlyIhave never thought like this before but nowmaybe I start to think the samelike business.

What is the responsibility of all of our fansI amhappy to take responsibility for everything asleader but I ask everyone who abuses or speakswith no respectplease do not damage the teamor the clubwhich I cannot accept at allbecausethis job is long term and far from finished.

Many people have told me 'do not say bad to thefans'.

If today some of our fans do not believe or donot trust me anymorethey should let me knowbecause there is no point in me being here awayfrom my family even though SheffieldWednesday is in my blood and Hillsborough islike my second home.

Explain to the less intellectual ... like me please.

Well pointed out Jamsandwich. We need to talk to Dejphon, as he's inviting us to do, and we need to talk to each other - not just throw comments at him or each other.  Keeping open-ended discussion on the level is difficult, whereas comments have a tendency to be wrapped in finality or barbed wire - or both - and although they're easier to unload, they get us nowhere in the end.     

My own family is strongly linked to Wednesday from the earliest days at Hillsborough and beyond that at Olive Grove,  We're immensely proud of that distinction, but even so, we haven't been immune to the effects of a lack of communication, between player and club, leading to something or other that has rankled for long enough.  All could have been avoided by clear communication and understanding in the first place though.  These ranklings, as I call them, are a bit of a cross between Chinese whispers and heirlooms.  They can be passed on and miscued from person to person - and even (as in our case) passed down from generation to generation!

In that regard, on a personal level, I'm not going to ignore history and be damned to repeat it. Words and meanings are powerful things. They need to be used with care and read with care without leaping to conclusions - especially the wrong ones.  In that respect, yes Dephron's statement was long and a bit rambling, but what he's saying shouldn't be miscued into something else.  If you want to cut to the chase about what the guy means - read Jamsandwiches earlier post.  He's fed the statement into a programme that brings out the essentials of what's been said in an impartial way.  It's a pity this wasn't done before it was released, but we are where we are. 

It's where we move to next, to take us all forward, that's most important.  I hope it can be done on the level and in good spirit that we Wednesdayites are renowned for.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, casbahowl said:

That one sentence exposes you at best as a complete and utter idiot or at worse a pig!

I think if you take into account how much its all costing then you could make an argument its worst football I have seen in my time supporting Wednesday.

5 hours ago, casbahowl said:

Abusing the poster, more than likely gets you warned or banned.

Debate the post. If you can.

15 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Abusing the poster, more than likely gets you warned or banned.

Debate the post. If you can.

He did have a point though, I did think the comment could very well come from one of our red and White cousins. lol

Edited by Spookone

58 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I think if you take into account how much its all costing then you could make an argument its worst football I have seen in my time supporting Wednesday.

£21 per game in the North Stand with a 3 year ST.

Thats less than I was paying when Manderic was chairman and Gray was manager so where’s your argument?

10 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

25593852_10159756361090223_3908456631614503649_n.jpg

This is so very sad all round. We had a manager who showed his love for the club and still does now and we've let him slip through our fingers. I'm afraid this is not going to end well for the club. Yes, I understand that it's a results driven business, aren't they all?

Just get the feeling the futures not looking very good for us and I mean the club, not the team.