MESSAGE FROM THE SWFC CHAIRMAN (and he's not happy)

1 hour ago, DJMortimer said:

Yeah, they're really tearing up the Championship aren't they? And Gibson has had WAAAAYYYY longer than Chansiri has. 

:dry:

The reaction to this reminds me of when supporters lambast a player and then squeal like little pigs if the guy raises a fist in their direction after he gets a goal. See the hysteria yesterday regarding Ross Wallace (and yes, I know he's been crap this season).

It seems a lot of people seem to think being a fan entitles you to essentially behave however you like with no repercussions and that even the tiniest hint of any criticisms in return (often mostly made up to start with) is one of the most heinous crimes imaginable. You demand the chairman, manager and players show infinite toughness whilst exhibiting none yourselves. 

Chansiri's statement might be rambling and too long but I empathise with the general sentiment. The culture from which he comes probably has not helped him get used to the fickle, pious, hypocritical, spoilt, impatient and sometimes reprehensible behaviour of supporters.  

And you come to that conclusion about me from  "DC should have a word with Steve Gibson at Middlesboro for advice on owning a football club".

2 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

Yeah, they're really tearing up the Championship aren't they? And Gibson has had WAAAAYYYY longer than Chansiri has. 

:dry:

The reaction to this reminds me of when supporters lambast a player and then squeal like little pigs if the guy raises a fist in their direction after he gets a goal. See the hysteria yesterday regarding Ross Wallace (and yes, I know he's been crap this season).

It seems a lot of people seem to think being a fan entitles you to essentially behave however you like with no repercussions and that even the tiniest hint of any criticisms in return (often mostly made up to start with) is one of the most heinous crimes imaginable. You demand the chairman, manager and players show infinite toughness whilst exhibiting none yourselves. 

Chansiri's statement might be rambling and too long but I empathise with the general sentiment. The culture from which he comes probably has not helped him get used to the fickle, pious, hypocritical, spoilt, impatient and sometimes reprehensible behaviour of supporters.  

Gerald Ratner found out what happens if you start slagging off your “customers”.

I didn’t see Wallace shushing us at the end of the game. It’s the players and their pathetic performances that have got Carlos the push/ made him resign  - unfit, neshing tackles, failing to concentrate. If you want to start preaching about spoilt and reprehensible behaviour look at some of the blokes pulling on those current abominations Chansiri has decided are Wednesday shirts.

It wasn’t the fans that started the season off in such a pathetic way at Preston. It wasn’t the fans that rolled over against Bolton, Norwich, the pigs etc. It wasn’t the fans that were nervous against Glasgow fuckingRangers. 

And it wasn’t the fans that changed the kit, pissed off sponsors, swapped an iconic badge for a Betty Boop owl, charged eye watering prices or decided to play brain numbingly tedious football. We were asked to turn up in numbers and support the team and we’ve done exactly that.

Empathise with Chansiri all you want but you’re the one sounding pious. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Gerald Ratner found out what happens if you start slagging off your “customers”.

I didn’t see Wallace shushing us at the end of the game. It’s the players and their pathetic performances that have got Carlos the push/ made him resign  - unfit, neshing tackles, failing to concentrate. If you want to start preaching about spoilt and reprehensible behaviour look at some of the blokes pulling on those current abominations Chansiri has decided are Wednesday shirts.

It wasn’t the fans that started the season off in such a pathetic way at Preston. It wasn’t the fans that rolled over against Bolton, Norwich, the pigs etc. It wasn’t the fans that were nervous against Glasgow fuckingRangers. 

And it wasn’t the fans that changed the kit, pissed off sponsors, swapped an iconic badge for a Betty Boop owl, charged eye watering prices or decided to play brain numbingly tedious football. We were asked to turn up in numbers and support the team and we’ve done exactly that.

Empathise with Chansiri all you want but you’re the one sounding pious. 

It's not an 'either/or' situation. Revealing that you should treat it as such.

Naturally, the players, coaches, administrative staff and chairman all have had plenty of valid criticisms coming their way.

Personally I read the statement as aggressive, condescending and rude. Some of the phrases and expressions in there scream of arrogance and a 'I know more than you' attitude. Obviously Chansiri has invested a lot of money into this club, but some of those comments made me feel extremely uncomfortable.

2 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

It's not an 'either/or' situation. Revealing that you should treat it as such.

Naturally, the players, coaches, administrative staff and chairman all have had plenty of valid criticisms coming their way.

I think the fans have been patient. I was bored rigid last season but felt CC had earned another pop at it provided he went back to more expansive football. I guess a lot felt the same way.

He chose not to. Injuries have been unkind recently but we’ve been rubbish all season. 

There has been little really vocal dissent and I have seen little if anything that could be termed as abuse or vile, maybe because I don’t follow what happens re the club on FB and Twitter. Of course that could be coming from anyone masquerading as a Wednesday fan. 

But we’re talking about impressions and opinions so we aren’t all going to agree. 

6 minutes ago, MOwl said:

Personally I read the statement as aggressive, condescending and rude. Some of the phrases and expressions in there scream of arrogance and a 'I know more than you' attitude. Obviously Chansiri has invested a lot of money into this club, but some of those comments made me feel extremely uncomfortable.

Which comments in, particular, made you feel uncomfortable?

1 minute ago, MOwl said:

It is 

I'm afraid when you buy a football club you are buying hopes and dreams of customers it is not a sweatshop asian factory.

You will be criticised  when you mess up, you will get abuse to different levels when you mess with the traditions of people's life time love    ANY abuse whatsoever at his family is completely out of order and the idiots needs to be roundly turned on

But criticism is part of the job  and IF he thinks he shouldn't get it he's doing the wrong job 

• Like 1

After reading this site for the last last  few years I can totally see where DC is coming from. I genuinely believe that the majority of fans would be happier watching league one / championship relegation battles every season if games were still £10 and shirts were £30.  Sad but true. Sadly it Pretty much sums Sheffield up these days 

Edited by Cheffield Waynesday

7 minutes ago, Watson said:

Which comments in, particular, made you feel uncomfortable?

The "Wednesday Family" made me uncomfortable....It was like putting the onus on the fans...The fans who in all honesty are the only viable part of the club that is f.ookin' working at the minute...

I'm not going to go into the abuse b.llx again cos its been addressed already, but I'm not gonna fall for fans having some sort of responsibility for this seasons ball ups..

If that is gonna be the case...Le ts have a bloody vote on the manager, the kit , the players, the bloody catering..I mean actually FIND something valid to blame us for.

All the fans have done this season, is pay over the odds for a regime that has made a hash of it....

Does anyone actually believe THEY listened to the fans about Jordan Rhodes?...The same folk who ignored the clamour for lower prices, the clamour for the kit..SUDDENLY spunk 10 mill on a forward ..cos "The Fans" wanted him?...Do me a favour ...

Its nonsense...and Chansiri must know its nonsense.. thats bloody uncomfortable mate...

2 minutes ago, Cheffield Waynesday said:

After reading this site for the last last  few years I can totally see where DC is coming from. I genuinely believe that the majority of fans would be happier watching league one / championship relegation battles every season if games were still £10 and shirts were £30.  Sad but true. Sadly it Pretty much sums Sheffield up these days 

so we havnt supported the club with the high prices, think not, we will pay for success but expect to have our say too, DC cant say we havnt supported the club, him or cc.

3 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

The "Wednesday Family" made me uncomfortable....It was like putting the onus on the fans...The fans who in all honesty are the only viable part of the club that is f.ookin' working at the minute...

I'm not going to go into the abuse b.llx again cos its been addressed already, but I'm not gonna fall for fans having some sort of responsibility for this seasons ball ups..

If that is gonna be the case...Le ts have a bloody vote on the manager, the kit , the players, the bloody catering..I mean actually FIND something valid to blame us for.

All the fans have done this season, is pay over the odds for a regime that has made a hash of it....

Does anyone actually believe THEY listened to the fans about Jordan Rhodes?...The same folk who ignored the clamour for lower prices, the clamour for the kit..SUDDENLY spunk 10 mill on a forward ..cos "The Fans" wanted him?...Do me a favour ...

Its nonsense...and Chansiri must know its nonsense.. thats bloody uncomfortable mate...

So basically you dismiss anything he says Is that what you're saying?  So there is no point in him saying anything.  

Would you be happier with lower prices and less ambition or do you think there is another option? 

1 minute ago, debram said:

so we havnt supported the club with the high prices, think not, we will pay for success but expect to have our say too, DC cant say we havnt supported the club, him or cc.

No but he can say the abuse he receives is unjust and I completely agree. He has done more in 2 years than the old guard did in 17 yet people talk like he has done nothing good. We have a very fickle and embarrassingly pathetic fan base. 

5 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Spot on mate all this Wednesday family stuff is wearing a bit thin now.

Just now, Watson said:

So basically you dismiss anything he says Is that what you're saying?  So there is no point in him saying anything.  

Would you be happier with lower prices and less ambition or do you think there is another option? 

Where did I dismiss anything he says?

I said the schmaltz about the "Wednesday Family" made me uncomfortable...How do you extrapolate that into "Everything"...putting a bloody straw man argument up

Of course theres an option with Lower prices....every f.ookin' club above us in the Championship is taking it aren't they?

Huddersfield took it...Brighton...took it....I dismiss what I believe to be patent nonsense...

"I knew little of football" after 3 years I know more...."..Really?........... 3 years on ..worse off...Tell me how that f.ooker makes sense ..If you don't mind

5 minutes ago, Cheffield Waynesday said:

No but he can say the abuse he receives is unjust and I completely agree. He has done more in 2 years than the old guard did in 17 yet people talk like he has done nothing good. We have a very fickle and embarrassingly pathetic fan base. 

are your judgements based purely on the comments from this site