MESSAGE FROM THE SWFC CHAIRMAN (and he's not happy)

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

WHY CAN'T WEDNESDAY FANS JUST GET ON WITH EACH OTHER?

There doesn't have to be any oneupmanship or 'truefan' statuses kicking about

WAWAW

Absolutely correct mate...

.(Not really just trying to make a start)

1 hour ago, casbahowl said:

Or maybe they were never members in the first place ?

This above is what the Chansiri regime will ultimately be remembered for when all is said and done.

Self righteous fans turning on their fellow supporters all because they aren't prepared to put themselves in financial destitution for season tickets and therefore are not deemed worthy to enter the Sheffield Wednesday family by the self imposed custodians of the Church of True Wednesdayism.

Edited by Rebowl Yell
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Rebowl Yell said:

This above is what the Chansiri regime will ultimately be remembered for when all is said and done.

Self righteous fans turning on their fellow supporters all because they aren't prepared to put themselves in financial destitution for season tickets and therefore are not deemed worthy to enter the Sheffield Wednesday family by the self imposed custodians of the Church of True Wednesdayism.

Never thought wednesdayites would be at each others throats like this, thanks DC.

12 hours ago, WatfordOwl said:

and the greatest kick in the nads of it all is...........

fan v fan when those that couldn't afford it had to stop going as a result were ignored and classed as not being loyal to the club.

Bang on, The rows on here were just a small selection of it. I have been priced out of going to half as many games as I was before, Even up to few weeks ago the chairman was still saying the high prices were paying for promotion football and if we wanted to go back to mid table and relegation battles he could drop the prices. Well we are back in the shiiitee and the price are still the same but now its the fans fault. I think its more than a clash of cultures and saving face he is a control freak, Even when he knows naff all about the thing he wants to be in control of

3 hours ago, Eastleigh Owl said:

We had a manager who showed his love for the club and still does now and we've let him slip through our fingers.

I don't consider myself a loose-tongued maniac who is never satisfied and always slagging someone at the club off, and with only a couple of exceptions, have defended managers to some degree or another until they left the club. But surely, you can see that if anything, the change was long overdue? We came into the season expecting a strong promotion challenge and we have not been at the races all year. Things were getting steadily worse and we were showing no signs of reversing the decline. I think it's entirely fair to suggest that had Carvalhal stayed until February (for example) that we would have then been part of the relegation consideration. 

44 minutes ago, Rebowl Yell said:

Will that be the same fans who weren’t prepared to put themselves in ‘financial destitution’ by purchasing £20 tickets on the numerous occasions when Milan, desperate to get people through the door, made them available?

Why should I and thousands of other ‘self righteous fans’ feel an ounce of guilt for being lucky enough to be able to take advantage of the fantastic 3 year ST offer introduced by the current chairman?

Absolute nonsense of a post !

8 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

Why should I and thousands of other ‘self righteous fans’ feel an ounce of guilt for being lucky enough to be able to take advantage of the fantastic 3 year ST offer introduced by the current chairman?

You shouldn't

It was a great offer if you could afford it

But that's where the debate should end

There should be no denouncement of other fans who can't afford to go, who can't get to the games, or who choose not to for whatever reasons they choose.

If fans want to go to games then go and have a great time

If you don't then don't

But let's not have a fanbase intent on trying to climb some ladder of 'best fan' or slating others

We're better than that.

It's not a competition

Let's stick together and encourage others to attend and make them welcome instead of making it feel like it's only a truefan experience

WAWAW

Owlstalk Shop

7 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

Will that be the same fans who weren’t prepared to put themselves in ‘financial destitution’ by purchasing £20 tickets on the numerous occasions when Milan, desperate to get people through the door, made them available?

Absolute nonsense of a post !

I don’t think you should feel guilty at all. He made the offer you took it. Doesn’t stop you feeling a bit of sympathy for those who aren’t in your position- but each to their own. 

10 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

I don't consider myself a loose-tongued maniac who is never satisfied and always slagging someone at the club off, and with only a couple of exceptions, have defended managers to some degree or another until they left the club. But surely, you can see that if anything, the change was long overdue? We came into the season expecting a strong promotion challenge and we have not been at the races all year. Things were getting steadily worse and we were showing no signs of reversing the decline. I think it's entirely fair to suggest that had Carvalhal stayed until February (for example) that we would have then been part of the relegation consideration. 

That's fair comment mate TBH. I don't know the answer, wish I did. All I know is that i'm saddened by losing this man, i'll take the flack for that but I am genuinely gutted that he has gone. Now, having to accept that, I look at the potential replacements and I just ask myself how has it come to this? I'll guarantee that whoever takes over will not be anywhere near what we have just let walk out of the door.

4 minutes ago, Eastleigh Owl said:

That's fair comment mate TBH. I don't know the answer, wish I did. All I know is that i'm saddened by losing this man, i'll take the flack for that but I am genuinely gutted that he has gone. Now, having to accept that, I look at the potential replacements and I just ask myself how has it come to this? I'll guarantee that whoever takes over will not be anywhere near what we have just let walk out of the door.

We don’t know that. When Big Jack left we went on to bigger and better things. When Megson left we did the same. When  Lee Johnson left Barnsley they might have felt the same.

Carvalhal did a decent job but he didn’t get us promoted- nor in my opinion was he likely to. Promotion for a club like us isn’t impossible- there will be managers out there that can achieve it. The trick - a difficult one admittedly- is to find someone like Wagner or Dyche who can take us to the next level.

It’s worth the gamble. 

Edited by rickygoo