MESSAGE FROM THE SWFC CHAIRMAN (and he's not happy)

5 minutes ago, Watson said:

You missed off the question mark but hey ho...

and it what way does that make that sentence not a question

"Is that what you are saying"

doesn't really need a question mark does it (question mark optional)

Now if I had posted  "So...Basically you dismiss everything he says is  what you are saying".

Thats a definitive statement....

Happy to help

Edited by asteener1867

Just now, rickygoo said:

One way is not to spunk money needlessly in the first place. To build a squad more intelligently. As other clubs have done. And a commercial side that operated better might help - 3 years in that appears to be a shambles. That could have mitigated some of the rises. 

The squad was built in my opinion to get promotion quickly.  The commercial side will take years to produce enough money to raise enough capital to help fund transfers, and will probably need promotion to attain that aim.

His statement is only like Dave Allen's if you want it to be, if those were your best days of "supporting" Wednesday even if it was a peverse reason to enjoy your relation with the club.  Do you know why? Because it made some of that group feel important, that they mattered more than their fellow fans and even in a negative context that they were the special ones being taken notice of and listened to.

The same group shared PM's with heads of potential new consortiums then fed back to the rest of us.  They licked the backsides of crooks and asset strippers to get one up and over their "fellow" supporters without shame and with zero apologies when the truth outed.

The same group were invited to have drinkypoos with another ex chairman who was seeking help in flogging some of the above bandits  to the wider fanbase.  They were disciples for some of his madcap schemes, they were the chosen, the important amongst us.

Going back further still some of them lapped up the milk from the saucers of the old guard, the eventual "cancer" but back then the suppliers of padded seats, team sheets, tittle tattle and backstage passes.

They have become misery leeches, they put themselves and their twisted form of fandom before victory, support and the basics of following your team.  

Nothing will ever be enough while they are on the outside.  Nobody will ever be good enough unless they are engaged personally, directly so that we all can see.

He would and will never be part of the family for some.

He will only be part of the family for others while we're winning.

His every word in his second language is twisted, his every heartfelt statement mocked.  There is absolutely no getting away from it, some of our fans are more bitter and tinpot and deluded then anybody.

He's not got everything right by any means and I feel genuinely sorry for those with genuine gripes but please don't be fooled by some of these people who shout most frequently and the loudest about your grievances.

They don't give a flyingfuck about you, Wednesday, results or their fellow supporters.  They only care about what they once had and they hate it that the new guy came in, a foreigner, a newbie, with money and in the main he's delivered but they will never forgive him until he is gone because the first thing he did was listen to the last bloke, another outsider, and changed the fuckinglocks.

• Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

His statement is only like Dave Allen's if you want it to be, if those were your best days of "supporting" Wednesday even if it was a peverse reason to enjoy your relation with the club.  Do you know why? Because it made some of that group feel important, that they mattered more than their fellow fans and even in a negative context that they were the special ones being taken notice of and listened to.

The same group shared PM's with heads of potential new consortiums then fed back to the rest of us.  They licked the backsides of crooks and asset strippers to get one up and over their "fellow" supporters without shame and with zero apologies when the truth outed.

The same group were invited to have drinkypoos with another ex chairman who was seeking help in flogging some of the above bandits  to the wider fanbase.  They were disciples for some of his madcap schemes, they were the chosen, the important amongst us.

Going back further still some of them lapped up the milk from the saucers of the old guard, the eventual "cancer" but back then the suppliers of padded seats, team sheets, tittle tattle and backstage passes.

They have become misery leeches, they put themselves and their twisted form of fandom before victory, support and the basics of following your team.  

Nothing will ever be enough while they are on the outside.  Nobody will ever be good enough unless they are engaged personally, directly so that we all can see.

He would and will never be part of the family for some.

He will only be part of the family for others while we're winning.

His every word in his second language is twisted, his every heartfelt statement mocked.  There is absolutely no getting away from it, some of our fans are more bitter and tinpot and deluded then anybody.

He's not got everything right by any means and I feel genuinely sorry for those with genuine gripes but please don't be fooled by some of these people who shout most frequently and the loudest about your grievances.

They don't give a flyingfuck about you, Wednesday, results or their fellow supporters.  They only care about what they once had and they hate it that the new guy came in, a foreigner, a newbie, with money and in the main he's delivered but they will never forgive him until he is gone because the first thing he did was listen to the last bloke, another outsider, and changed the fuckinglocks.

His statement has to be taken in its contemporary form mate...

I know there is loads of stuff that goes back loads of years...but the players are not the same players, the problems are not the same problems...

You cannot simply ignore this seasons balls up and drag it back to Allen, Strafford Wednesdayite etc....

Its here and now...

and not very good...

5 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

and it what way does that make that sentence not a question

"Is that what you are saying"

doesn't really need a question mark does it (question mark optional)

Now if I had posted  "So...Basically you dismiss everything he says is  what you are saying".

Thats a definitive statement....

Happy to help

"So...Basically you dismiss everything he says is what you are saying".

I took the option of using the question mark as I wanted you to answer the point.

Happy to help you out.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Watson said:

"So...Basically you dismiss everything he says is what you are saying".

I took the option of using the question mark as I wanted you to answer the point.

Happy to help you out.

No problem Doc....I didn't use it for exactly the same reason....I would have answered any way...as it was in the form of a question lol

Edited by asteener1867
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Watson said:

The squad was built in my opinion to get promotion quickly.  The commercial side will take years to produce enough money to raise enough capital to help fund transfers, and will probably need promotion to attain that aim.

Well it was a gigantic failure then because other clubs have been more sensible and had plans that worked. 

Edited by rickygoo

Great owner but hasn't got a clue about football !!!.... Get used to it because it's all about the £££.... As if you didn't know !!

Carlos fan , but should have gone after HTFC game..... Bad enough not turning up for HCFC !!!

its a NO from me regards Bullen ( legend !!, don't make me laugh !!).... We have the money to be looking big time about appointments !!

one last part for my first post..... Leave the obsession about the scrubbers at home !!!... Some on here are seriously embarrassing about the filth. From them suddenly becoming champions of Europe to pooing themselves for the away fixture !!!

been to downtown Mogadishu and never been a problem ... Don't believe the hype !!

Our lads are more than capable as been proved over the last few fixtures !!!

have a good one !!!.... And remember we are far and away better than those scrubbers can ever be !!!... 

Im back on the vino now 

cheers

19 minutes ago, Watson said:

That's what I'm asking what is another way to raise money without raising ticket prices?  All I'm seeking is knowledge, not a fight.

He's offered to refund season ticket money...must be summatt in the pot....Ohh if you are prepared to give shedloads of money back...Why charge us so much in the first f.ookin' place?

1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

He's offered to refund season ticket money...must be summatt in the pot....Ohh if you are prepared to give shedloads of money back...Why charge us so much in the first f.ookin' place?

There is plenty in the pot but FFP rules stop him from funding the club to that extent.  So I believe anyway.

Just now, Watson said:

Yes, it failed as did all the other clubs plans who were fighting for promotion that's what happens in a competition.  Sadly.

Indeed. They all have their own ways. We happened to choose a way I - and some successful and unsuccessful chairmen - disagree with and you don’t. But his wasn’t the only potential way and other clubs have been just as ambitious. 

2 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Indeed. They all have their own ways. We happened to choose a way I - and some successful and unsuccessful chairmen - disagree with and you don’t. But his wasn’t the only potential way and other clubs have been just as ambitious. 

I don't disagree or agree with the plan, just can't see another option he could have taken.  

3 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

A chairman wanting to sell.

Asset stripping.

No funds for players.

Crowds dwindling but prices still high.

We have been sold a dream like many of these foreign owners promised. It's not come to fruition.  We'll be setback a number of years as a result. We aren't the first club it's happened to.

That statement is worrying. It's poorly delivered, not proofread and many points don't make sense. It's pretty embarassing and unprofessional in my view. I have a bad feeling for our club.

Someone has proper pissed on your bonfire ! 

4 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

A chairman wanting to sell.

Asset stripping.

No funds for players.

Crowds dwindling but prices still high.

We have been sold a dream like many of these foreign owners promised. It's not come to fruition.  We'll be setback a number of years as a result. We aren't the first club it's happened to.

That statement is worrying. It's poorly delivered, not proofread and many points don't make sense. It's pretty embarassing and unprofessional in my view. I have a bad feeling for our club.

lol

king and Queen if the drama queens.

1 minute ago, NYCOWL said:

If I had to guess.

Carlos offered his resignation yesterday, DC asked him to sleep on it.

He was gutted, fed up, had a few whiskys and got it off his chest.

If you read it in a Sheffield accent and imagine him shouting it at a lampost then he truly is "one of our own."

• Thanks 1