Wallace celebration

45 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Don't blame him, might have been poor but the player abusers don't like getting it back. And the we pay their wages idea is hilarious, your 500 quid season ticket probably pays about an hours wage.

That statement is a clever as Wallace wishing his own supporters. 

Ie flipping dumb

6 minutes ago, Rebowl Yell said:

I think people are more offended by the temerity than the actual act. Nowt wrong with shoving it in your detractors face but he's one of the last people that's earned that right. 

This is 100% the case well put mate.

Guest Bulgaria
25 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Get a grip,  what is it with us lot ? We’re more than prepared to stand there calling people all names under the sun and telling em to Roger off back to where they came from !  But as soon as someone’s gives the tiniest bit of banter back we’re all off crying like kids ??      Wallace is a human being like anyone else... he’s had a poor season and I’ve questioned his contribution to the side on here a few times this season , he scored a decent goal and gave us a bit of bants .... get a grip 

Have the fans been that vicious towards him?

Wasn’t clever shushing the fans as if he’d won us the game, he scored a goal and reverted to his average self until 65 mins where he was subbed. Don’t really want him after that- don’t like it when players go up against the fans who have payed their hard earned money so people like him are payed millions for doing naff all.

3 hours ago, TaxiMark said:

Wallace needs to grow up, it was a great finish set up by hooper but his workrate this season and how a professional footballer cannot hit the target in about 10 free kicks is woeful.

Big clear out in the summer starting with him .

Average finish imo, was just lucky the defenders blocked the keepers view, the ball was a foot from the post and easily saveable if the keeper had a decent view.

He aint dun nowt this season, football is harsh, and it looks like his age has caught up with him.

That said, he's lived the life, we all would be well pleased with a football career such as his, he has no recourse to feel unlucky in life.

He has done nothing all season, played crap no energy no passion lifeless...he will be mad he hasn't been given a new deal but that should push him onwards to get one or at least put him on market for a potential move...and then he does that to the fans fak off

I think we got much bigger things to worry about. But i starting to think that this gesture is a reaction that shows the problem or 1 of the problems thats contributing to our teams poor performances this whole season. I was busy celebrating like every other fan and did not see the sshh gesture. But the ssshh motion i assume can only be aimed at any comments he has disagreed with (probably only the negative ones). I don't have a problem with that if he has a genuine case of being slated while he been playing well which I do not recall either of those to be true. If he scoring and playing well then he would not get any criticism. Is wallace trying to strangely indicate that anyone unhappy with our current position should be quiet if so he should be made by the manager to understand he is 100% wrong and any other players feeling the same should have the same treatment. Unfortunately after watching this season i think some other players may well mistakenly feel the same as him. But surely he got enough brains to realise that things are far from perfect and supporters have a right to say what they think about a players form - good or bad, right or wrong, opinions from fans are part of football but being a footballer we should not assume anything about a players intelligence or lack of it. Any player who can't take critique should ensure they play well enough to not deserve a negative view. I can't remember a significant amount of fans solely getting on his back recently - fairly or unfairly. So he upset from a small minority of people voicing a negative opinion on him and this was his chosen reaction I struggling to understand any validity in his goal celebration statement at all. Surely the goal or playing well consistently is a better gesture for fans.  He chose a poor choice of gestures when every single fan was voicing their opinion of celebrating his goal and really fans in general have been subjected to poor football mostly, bad results (derby especially), under performing players, bad tactics, price rises, disappointing handling of stars for future (hirst has been amazing in youth games and any supporter over age of 35 will remember his dad and what a proper striker is), rambling coach press reactions about intensity - dynamics - poor refereeing - preparation. But fans still support the team every game hoping for a change in results and ignoring those fears of the fact that the standard of majority of teams in the division this season is much higher than last few seasons and our team has not changed or improved, peaked long ago and needs major strengthening even though we at limit of FFP rule. Fact is really all we care about is results, thats what makes fans happy. Everything else is just fluff. From silly celebrations to the rambling press conferences. If we getting 3 points every game players can put there fingers wherever they want celebrating scoring goals. Nobody really cares as the only thing that decides how good our team is the number of points we collect. If wallace is happy about the current league position and team form it is quite obvious why the team is producing the football that collects 4 points in 8 matches. I sure of 1 thing and that is the fans are not to blame for any of the team and its players performances. The player, manager and coaches need to stop thinking about what the referee, media and fans are doing and concentrate on playing well and have pride wearing the badge and mostly winning games. 

So my message is to all the staff at swfc please please please will you keep all the bad criticism coming your way from people who only want their team to win games. Not by silly celebrations of what turns out to be another loss. But by getting three points and putting in performances that your pay should match..