Trivial Things You Don't Like

Guest Bulgaria
3 minutes ago, Brommers said:

Looks like a lot of us have now managed to vent off some underlying frustrations. No doubt we'll all be happy and jolly during our upcoming festive fixtures.

still venting here mate....

why is it that women put about 300 cushions and pillows on the bed when they make it?

Takes me at least 30 min takin em off before i can get me head down.

39 minutes ago, Hedwig said:

The fact that almost every player taking a throw in has their foot or feet on or over the touchline nowadays.

More annoying is that it's usually right under the nose of the liner, who never gives a foul throw.

That might have something to do with the rules being changed to allow that!

as long as part of your foot is touching part of the line then it's ok (i.e. Very back of a foot touching the very front edge of the line with 99% of th foot on the pitch is ok) a bit like a bowler at cricket

39 minutes ago, Hedwig said:

The fact that almost every player taking a throw in has their foot or feet on or over the touchline nowadays.

More annoying is that it's usually right under the nose of the liner, who never gives a foul throw.

For your information it is not a foul throw if the feet are ON the touchline so no need to be annoyed the next time you see it happen.

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

The whole point of the change of 5 subs to 7 was to give youth a chance in the match day squad. i would make it manditory that at least two players under 21 have to be on the bench and clubs who don't do this lose the use of substitutions for the next game if they break the rule.

Been advocate of that for ages, problem is we've a manager who would not play the kids and be getting in bother all the time for it. Of course it would be the referees or fans fault, not Carlos. lol

Edited by shezzas left peg

Commentators using the phrase "just about".  They will say "He just about made the tackle"  for a last ditch effort that was close, but it was not just about, he made the tackle albeit only just, but not just about!  Just about got away with it etc.  Gets my goat every time, you would think I had more important things to worry about.

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

1 hour ago, Bulgaria said:

still venting here mate....

why is it that women put about 300 cushions and pillows on the bed when they make it?

Takes me at least 30 min takin em off before i can get me head down.

Why do we even have cushions on chairs and beds? Other than pillows I mean. It's just a natural movement to take the pillow away as you sit down, without even thinking about it. They make no sense.