Trivial Things You Don't Like

Just read one further up this page about cretins that commentate at S6 during the match. There's one stands behind us but only goes to night matches, must borrow an ST, and the tw@ never shuts up describing what's happening or what the players should be doing.

I told my mate against Wolves, if the berk didn't shut it, he was going head first down the stairs.

One of his party heard me & it was bliss after that.

8 hours ago, GoldGigsChris said:

Part timers who shout out players full names to prove they know their names - "come on Barry Bannan" 

I've noticed this. However, in Bannan's cases, I'm convinced the problem originates with telly commentators who are incapable of saying "Bannan" without prefacing it with "Barry". It's like they enjoy the sound of the alliteration, it can't be because they're confused by the vast number of Bannans on the pitch.

6 minutes ago, Rodger Wylde II said:

Assist

Just no!!! It's complete nonsense and a fine example of yet another pointless statistic.

I blame the Americans and the children. (Same thing really, both a bit thick and highly excitable).

Do all players in the build up get credited with an assist or just the final player who passes the ball to the scorer?  

Your right it is a bit of stuff and nonsense. 

When players spit. When players cover one nostril and spray snot out of the other. Dirty cnuts

That palace song, you know the one I'm on about.

We're on our way.

Players waving imaginary cards trying to get others booked.

Players getting booked for celebrating with the fans.

Edited by Woozie

Middle lane hoggers. 

People who drive at 20 mph below the speed limit because they heard it might snow in a week.

Free kicks that go from the half way line to Westwood. 

Players that let the ball roll out for a thrown in when they could stop the ball and then start an attack.

Never taking quick free kicks/throw ins and jogging away from the ball oblivious.

Never getting a second ball. 

Hoofing the ball to our 5'8" striker marked by their 6'6" centre half. Again and again and again.......

People who come to their seats 5 minutes into the game.

People who return to their seat 5 minutes into the second half.

People leaving who hang around the  vomitorial because we've started attacking. Go home if you're going.

Carlos replacing subs like for like. That makes a difference!!

Politicians Anna Soubry and Nicky Morgan. David Scameron. Theresa the appeaser. (Not when you were shafting the police) Jeremy Hunt. 

I could go on...

Doing the weekly shop as a favour for the wife, proceeding to decline help with packing, and having to rush said packing to avoid evil glares from old gits in the queue. The embarrassment of still packing, after you've paid, kills me. Shop assistant just sits there, and you can see them thinking, 'twaat'. 

What started as an orderly pack decends into chaos, as tinned soup crushes beef tomatoes, and the kids are made to carry the bread sticks. 

As mentioned, players talking behind their hands is really starting to grind my gears. I've no interest in what Yaya Toure is saying to David Silva in Spanish about last nights episode of Cadfael. 

The new penalty shootout rules. How the F can you see the need to faff around with that?

Teams shaking hands before a game. Rubbish. 

My 'lucky' turnstile on the South Stand. We've one 1 trophy in over 8 years, so the 'lucky' turnstile is hardly the stuff of Euromillions. 

People who talk loudly on phones on trains. F off. I've no interest.

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, vulva said:

As mentioned, players talking behind their hands is really starting to grind my gears. I've no interest in what Yaya Toure is saying to David Silva in Spanish about last nights episode of Cadfael. 

The new penalty shootout rules. How the F can you see the need to faff around with that?

Teams shaking hands before a game. Rubbish. 

My 'lucky' turnstile on the South Stand. We've one 1 trophy in over 8 years, so the 'lucky' turnstile is hardly the stuff of Euromillions. 

People who talk loudly on phones on trains. F off. I've no interest.

What trophy did we win?

Keepers being able to change what side they take a goal kick from. Not sure why but it really p*sses me off.

Undisclosed transfer fees, creates speculation that we could do without.

Constant overhyping of certain matches, transfers and incidents.

The constant writing of people off before they've had a fair chance to prove themselves. Maybe not a modern day thing but has got worse with social media.

9 hours ago, SouthCoastOwl said:

I've noticed this. However, in Bannan's cases, I'm convinced the problem originates with telly commentators who are incapable of saying "Bannan" without prefacing it with "Barry". It's like they enjoy the sound of the alliteration, it can't be because they're confused by the vast number of Bannans on the pitch.

I noticed this when I first started hearing his name on MOTD, his name was mentioned more and more, it was like the new lua lua. 

On 12/19/2017 at 07:58, MuddyFunkster said:

Players wearing gloves. Irritates me even more when they've also got short sleeves on!

^This^........grinds my gears immensely, wtf do they need gloves for, can't be the cold, I've played in snow, on frozen pitches & when the temp is below freezing, NEVER, have my hands felt cold while playing, I can only imagine wearing gloves to be really annoying.