A few ‘outsider’ thoughts..

6 minutes ago, archieswfc said:

It's mainly facts there isn't much speculation in the OP really.

Facts to suit a particular argument / point of view.

Put some detail and perspective around the first two and they don't seem half as shocking as the OP intends to portray in his original post. The club is not losing it's identity, and i don't believe Chansiri intends to do that.

The ticket prices are a joke...i agree with that!

The OP's post doesn't really address the real issues, which i think are around how the club is setup. We don't have any real footballing people at an executive level. We seem to lack a transfer strategy. Chansiri needs to find those things and fast, he needs to restructure the club in the summer. Bring some fresh ideas in. If i was him i'd be on the blower to our old friend Milan

I think barnsley nailed a few in their own coffin last January. 

Some of the points raised are fair enough but up until now that had been acceptable given the relative success on the pitch. 6th, Wembley and 4th place wasn’t a terrible return. 

Its what happens next that matters but sticking with the manager at the moment is looking the worst decision of all the rest.

1 hour ago, toppOwl said:

Your just showing up how little you know about your own club, stop it.

Which bits are speculation then? The kit, the badge, the name on the seats? I'm not giving my opinion on these things, but they're not speculation they're facts. It seems I know quite a bit about my club.

25 minutes ago, archieswfc said:

Which bits are speculation then? The kit, the badge, the name on the seats? I'm not giving my opinion on these things, but they're not speculation they're facts. It seems I know quite a bit about my club.

Read the thread, I’ve already explained. Your typical of the type of fans we have these days, like spoilt children.

Have we never had different badges or kits in the last 150yrs!!

13 hours ago, W H I T E Y said:

Imagine taking charge of one of England’s biggest and most famous clubs. Then deciding to change the shirt, the badge, and get your own name emblazoned on the seating. And some flags with your name and face on. Not made by fans. Just plonked there. 

Imagine the son of one of your greatest ever players coming through the ranks and looking ready to play for the first team, knowing that if he scored just one goal, the headlines etc.... ‘Hirst is Back at Hillsborough’ etc. But not including him. Then trying to bad mouth him and in turn, sway fans against the legend that is David Hirst. Can’t believe you’re swallowing that by the way. 

Imagine pricing out your loyal commercial fans, your sponsors. 

“I’ve spent daft money on shhhit players, now I need you to spend daft money to watch them”

Imagine your manager saying “we will get promoted” when you’ve just drawn and are 10 points off the playoffs.

My own team is on its backside right now, but we don’t knock our own nails into our own coffin. 

Just saying.

Summed up the farce at Hillsbro perfectly mate 

Its a joke from top to bottom .

3 hours ago, bigdan2003 said:

Put some detail and perspective around the first two and they don't seem half as shocking as the OP intends to portray in his original post. The club is not losing it's identity, and i don't believe Chansiri intends to do that.

He changed the kit and the badge because he doesn’t like them. That’s not the attitude of a chap who gives ashite about our identity or traditions. He did to us  what Bevan did to the doctors who objected to the NHS, he stuffed our mouths with gold and lots of us rolled over, largely because of the radical difference in style and success between that first season and Gray. 

Now we’re back where we were with a nice lawn, DTaxis, Chansiri everywhere and a big telly but no stripes, a Betty Boop badge and Champions League prices for boring football. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Tbf a lot of what the op has posted has been there to see for a while. 

When your winning, you kinda gloss over it. The worrying signs started last year, with the FF thing. That was the tip of the iceberg. That this titanic hit. 

Nothing has felt or seemed right since (for me anyhow). 

Now we seem to be heading towards relegation (the signs are there, for me) 

The longer he keeps Carlos in a job, the worse it is going to get for Chansiri. 

People will forego (or tolerate) certain things if the team is delivering on the pitch. At the moment we are being served up some of the worst football I've seen since the Irvine days. 

Relegation battle?...You know what, we play like a team going down atm. I think we will stop up, but at this rate, we are looking like a lower-mid table team. 

If Chansiri honestly thinks people will renew season tickets, pump their money into the club etc., whilst the manager and players continue to serve up absolute bilge on the pitch, then he's living in cloud cuckoo land. 

Think the true measure of people in football is during times of crisis (managers, players, and even chairman). This is Chansiri's first real "crisis" and at the moment his approach appears to be the "nothing to see here, folks" approach. 

43 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

He changed the kit and the badge because he doesn’t like them. That’s not the attitude of a chap who gives ashite about our identity or traditions. He did to us  what Bevan did to the doctors who objected to the NHS, he stuffed our mouths with gold and lots of us rolled over, largely because of the radical difference in style and success between that first season and Gray. 

Now we’re back where we were with a nice lawn, DTaxis, Chansiri everywhere and a big telly but no stripes, a Betty Boop badge and Champions League prices for boring football. 

Excellent post

1 hour ago, rickygoo said:

I'd agree with you if he'd changed the badge to a fckin elephant or something...but he didn't. He / they changed it with a nod to our rich history. 

So you want Carols to come out and say our players are crap, not a way to motivate.

If you are Looking from outside, yes there have seen some major changes to the club, but we are still here and in much better shape than many. Other clubs have been taken over and been changed beyond belief

As for the players, most supporters would never have thought we could ever sign players such as Reach, Rhodes, Hooper etc. Everyone was positive about signing Rhodes, Reach Fletcher, Abdi they just don't become bad players overnight. 

If you thought everyone was against you then your performance would start to drop, we are in a bad place at the moment

38 minutes ago, Shetland Owl said:

So you want Carols to come out and say our players are crap, not a way to motivate.

If you are Looking from outside, yes there have seen some major changes to the club, but we are still here and in much better shape than many. Other clubs have been taken over and been changed beyond belief

As for the players, most supporters would never have thought we could ever sign players such as Reach, Rhodes, Hooper etc. Everyone was positive about signing Rhodes, Reach Fletcher, Abdi they just don't become bad players overnight. 

If you thought everyone was against you then your performance would start to drop, we are in a bad place at the moment

Who is Carol ?

18 hours ago, W H I T E Y said:

Imagine taking charge of one of England’s biggest and most famous clubs. Then deciding to change the shirt, the badge, and get your own name emblazoned on the seating. And some flags with your name and face on. Not made by fans. Just plonked there. 

Imagine the son of one of your greatest ever players coming through the ranks and looking ready to play for the first team, knowing that if he scored just one goal, the headlines etc.... ‘Hirst is Back at Hillsborough’ etc. But not including him. Then trying to bad mouth him and in turn, sway fans against the legend that is David Hirst. Can’t believe you’re swallowing that by the way. 

Imagine pricing out your loyal commercial fans, your sponsors. 

“I’ve spent daft money on shhhit players, now I need you to spend daft money to watch them”

Imagine your manager saying “we will get promoted” when you’ve just drawn and are 10 points off the playoffs.

My own team is on its backside right now, but we don’t knock our own nails into our own coffin. 

Just saying.

I can’t disagree with any of that. we are hanging ourselves with our own rope.

3 hours ago, rickygoo said:

It really baffles me when Chansiri & some of our fans claim he respects our traditions.

Anything but.