A few ‘outsider’ thoughts..

Imagine taking charge of one of England’s biggest and most famous clubs. Then deciding to change the shirt, the badge, and get your own name emblazoned on the seating. And some flags with your name and face on. Not made by fans. Just plonked there. 

Imagine the son of one of your greatest ever players coming through the ranks and looking ready to play for the first team, knowing that if he scored just one goal, the headlines etc.... ‘Hirst is Back at Hillsborough’ etc. But not including him. Then trying to bad mouth him and in turn, sway fans against the legend that is David Hirst. Can’t believe you’re swallowing that by the way. 

Imagine pricing out your loyal commercial fans, your sponsors. 

“I’ve spent daft money on shhhit players, now I need you to spend daft money to watch them”

Imagine your manager saying “we will get promoted” when you’ve just drawn and are 10 points off the playoffs.

My own team is on its backside right now, but we don’t knock our own nails into our own coffin. 

Just saying.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

13 minutes ago, W H I T E Y said:

Imagine taking charge of one of England’s biggest and most famous clubs. Then deciding to change the shirt, the badge, and get your own name emblazoned on the seating. And some flags with your name and face on. Not made by fans. Just plonked there. 

Imagine the son of one of your greatest ever players coming through the ranks and looking ready to play for the first team, knowing that if he scored just one goal, the headlines etc.... ‘Hirst is Back at Hillsborough’ etc. But not including him. Then trying to bad mouth him and in turn, sway fans against the legend that is David Hirst. Can’t believe you’re swallowing that by the way. 

“I’ve spent daft money on shhhit players, now I need you to spend daft money to watch them”

Imagine your manager saying “we will get promoted” when you’ve just drawn and are 10 points off the playoffs.

My own team is on its backside right now, but we don’t knock our own nails into our own coffin. 

Just saying.

Post of the day fella. Our club is turning into the North Korea of the football world. Quite frankly it's all rather embarrassing.

• Like 1

Not bothered about the owner putting his name on the north or on the shirts, the rest I agree with Whitey.

That said, its easy to say with hindsight, the owner took a gamble, it nearly paid off, but now it looks like the wheels have come off, and I am hoping the club wont be left with massive debts if the owner decides to call it quits.

Edited by TheRock

6 minutes ago, TheRock said:

Not bothered about the owner putting his name on the north or on the shirts, the rest I agree with Whitey.

That said, its easy to say with hindsight, the owner took a gamble, it nearly paid off, but now it looks like the wheels have come off, and I am hoping the club wont be left with massive debts if the owner decides to call it quits.

I said a few weeks ago, I wouldn't be surprised if DC bails out quicker than many would have believed. 30 million spent on the squad and currently no better than under stu gray. He must realise the whole squad needs an overhaul but with many ageing and crocked players on Premier league wages and FFP limit reached, we're probably fecked. Not to mention that Cc and his entire Clique will need paying off. 

7 minutes ago, TheRock said:

I get that. I actually think DC has tried to be clever financially. But he’s also sh*t on some massive Wednesdayites in the process. I don’t think he’s bad, I think he 100% wants the very best for the club. But he’s making a mess of it. 

5 minutes ago, W H I T E Y said:

Ok. If that’s true, then fair enough. 

So, back to the other points....

Hirst part is a bit dodgy too.

We've sold loads of season tickets (up to now) and our gates have been good.

His name all around the place is a sort of sponsorship.

Edited by sonofbert2

40 minutes ago, W H I T E Y said:

Just saying.

Don't forget changing a beloved logo just because you're the only person on the planet with an issue with minimal owl.

40 minutes ago, W H I T E Y said:

Just saying.

Chansiri has also done a lot of good at the club but you do make some valid points.

Disappointing to see that just as the country finally seems to have grown out of the trend of ending a point with the phrase 'just saying' that this phrase has now made it to Barnsley.