A few ‘outsider’ thoughts..

9 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

Hirst part is a bit dodgy too.

We've sold loads of season tickets (up to now) and our gates have been good.

His name all around the place is a sort of sponsorship.

Yep. Like I said, clever finance in some ways. But sh*tting on long term sponsors etc? 

And more fool anyone paying the ticket prices.

5 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Chansiri has also done a lot of good at the club but you do make some valid points.

Disappointing to see that just as the country finally seems to have grown out of the trend of ending a point with the phrase 'just saying' that this phrase has now made it to Barnsley.

Bradford. 

3 minutes ago, W H I T E Y said:

No worries then. 

Oh I'm worried but I generally like your contributions on here although all this is just more speculation about speculation.

I actually hope that it's all a bit dodgy and there is a cunning, some would say evil, plan.

I'm worried because the players don't look like they are.  The most worrying aspect for me so far of the "behind the scenes" stuff is the 347 people on the team photo.

2 hours ago, W H I T E Y said:

Imagine taking charge of one of England’s biggest and most famous clubs. Then deciding to change the shirt, the badge, and get your own name emblazoned on the seating. And some flags with your name and face on. Not made by fans. Just plonked there. 

Imagine the son of one of your greatest ever players coming through the ranks and looking ready to play for the first team, knowing that if he scored just one goal, the headlines etc.... ‘Hirst is Back at Hillsborough’ etc. But not including him. Then trying to bad mouth him and in turn, sway fans against the legend that is David Hirst. Can’t believe you’re swallowing that by the way. 

Imagine pricing out your loyal commercial fans, your sponsors. 

“I’ve spent daft money on shhhit players, now I need you to spend daft money to watch them”

Imagine your manager saying “we will get promoted” when you’ve just drawn and are 10 points off the playoffs.

My own team is on its backside right now, but we don’t knock our own nails into our own coffin. 

Just saying.

If a 6 fingered Dingle can see it, why can't our Chairman and Apologists ?

(No offence Whitey, love to your sister/wife)

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, sonofbert2 said:

Oh I'm worried but I generally like your contributions on here although all this is just more speculation about speculation.

I actually hope that it's all a bit dodgy and there is a cunning, some would say evil, plan.

I'm worried because the players don't look like they are.  The most worrying aspect for me so far of the "behind the scenes" stuff is the 347 people on the team photo.

334C7332-96C6-45BF-B371-162DD49E9B03.png

• Haha 8

5 hours ago, sonofbert2 said:

Nothing unusual about this in modern day football. 

Edited by AwokenGiant

I really dislike us ditching the stripes, ticket prices, pricing out local sponsors, Chansiri flashing out at you a million times on matchday but all those can change fairly easily and quickly.

The biggest problem I believe is poor recruitment and giving out over generous contracts. We are going to be stuck with these for 2-3 years and be a hamper on future spending.

Chances of getting to Premier League in next 2-3 years with its financial windfall is very slim.

6 hours ago, Blue and white said:

Post of the day fella. Our club is turning into the North Korea of the football world. Quite frankly it's all rather embarrassing.

North korea stop talking sh***

8 hours ago, W H I T E Y said:

Imagine taking charge of one of England’s biggest and most famous clubs. Then deciding to change the shirt, the badge, and get your own name emblazoned on the seating. And some flags with your name and face on. Not made by fans. Just plonked there. 

Imagine the son of one of your greatest ever players coming through the ranks and looking ready to play for the first team, knowing that if he scored just one goal, the headlines etc.... ‘Hirst is Back at Hillsborough’ etc. But not including him. Then trying to bad mouth him and in turn, sway fans against the legend that is David Hirst. Can’t believe you’re swallowing that by the way. 

Imagine pricing out your loyal commercial fans, your sponsors. 

“I’ve spent daft money on shhhit players, now I need you to spend daft money to watch them”

Imagine your manager saying “we will get promoted” when you’ve just drawn and are 10 points off the playoffs.

My own team is on its backside right now, but we don’t knock our own nails into our own coffin. 

Just saying.

All true. We laughed at other clubs when this happened. It seems if you change things slowly then you get away with it.