Ask The Chairman Part 13 - GEORGE HIRST

8 minutes ago, trueblue1987 said:

I love all the comments about record amount being offered. We really know nothing, as with all of these Ask the Chairman parts, it's sound bites to keep people happy. 

We don't know what the academy pay is like. If other areas of the club are to go by, it will be what is most beneficial for Chansiris club and not both parties. Anybody can put spin on something. In real world terms; if I walked into a Ferrari dealership earlier and tried to buy one of their cars . My offer broke all my pricing structures for buying a car but they didn't accept it. Other companies would have jumped at the money. Would you berate Ferrari for not accepting my ten grand? 

We only know Chansiri's version of events. He's been clever with his wording. I don't trust him at all and probably never will.

Our offer broke our current salary structure for the Development Squad on a level never previously matched. We have policies in place to ensure continuity throughout the squad and fairness to all players at pre-first team level.

The reason we broke our structure was based on appreciation of the promising signs that George was showing and in recognition of his hard work and achievements for the Under-23s and England team at youth level. Our policy is based on basic salary but as with all development players is enhanced with bonuses subject to the player participating in first team matches.

Irrespective of what the academy pay is like at SWFC, DC said the offer to GH broke that structure. Not sure what more you think he can say or offer.

1 minute ago, Animis said:

Our offer broke our current salary structure for the Development Squad on a level never previously matched. We have policies in place to ensure continuity throughout the squad and fairness to all players at pre-first team level.

The reason we broke our structure was based on appreciation of the promising signs that George was showing and in recognition of his hard work and achievements for the Under-23s and England team at youth level. Our policy is based on basic salary but as with all development players is enhanced with bonuses subject to the player participating in first team matches.

Irrespective of what the academy pay is like at SWFC, DC said the offer to GH broke that structure. Not sure what more you think he can say or offer.

yeah but yeah but yeah but

1 minute ago, Animis said:

I should imagine he has to tread very carefully or the apple cart will be well and truly overturned, big queue of young guns outside his door.:manager:

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Eastleigh Owl said:

Bang on mate, these people are just wanting to sell something we haven't had the chance to test drive yet, send him on his way and let them mug someone else off.

I really wanted to witness that Roy of the Rovers moment where young Spud carried on where dad left off (on the pitch not in nightclubs :ph34r:)

But I'm inclined to agree with you Easty 

The club cannot bow to this situation 

They are cutting noses to spite faces but "thems the Breaks" 

I think we have bigger issues to sort than this ?

Has anyone tracked the most posts on one thread in one day? I’m sensing a record. 39 pages, bravo Owlstalk. With a possible reply from the hirsts to come I am sensing 100 pages easily. :manager:

Edited by tarn owl

1 minute ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Am intrigued fella,care to expand on the "why" ?

I feel like he's stripping what I consider to be my club  away from me. New badge, no stripes, pricing fans out of the game. He clearly doesn't understand the area etc. Maybe I'm flouncing and making a drama out of it but it doesn't feel like my team as much as it used to. I now feel less excited about going than I used to. Yes we've made progress on the pitch but in doing so I think we've alienated fans. 

2 minutes ago, trueblue1987 said:

I feel like he's stripping what I consider to be my club  away from me. New badge, no stripes, pricing fans out of the game. He clearly doesn't understand the area etc. Maybe I'm flouncing and making a drama out of it but it doesn't feel like my team as much as it used to. I now feel less excited about going than I used to. Yes we've made progress on the pitch but in doing so I think we've alienated fans. 

So you don't rate his decision making, that is not the same thing as saying you don't trust him. Doh !

3 minutes ago, trueblue1987 said:

Attendances are up

Just now, OWLERTON GHOST said:

I really wanted to witness that Roy of the Rovers moment where young Spud carried on where dad left off (on the pitch not in nightclubs :ph34r:)

But I'm inclined to agree with you Easty 

The club cannot bow to this situation 

They are cutting noses to spite faces but "thems the Breaks" 

I think we have bigger issues to sort than this ?

Absolutely OG, I wanted him at Hillsborough for the rest of his career but when individuals take the urine out of the club then it's time to say bye bye. It's gone from his "dream come true" scenario to "oh, wait a minute, I'm a super star" As John Fitz said, ask not what we can do for you, but ask what you can do for us, but that's just me, the club always comes first, second, third and last, there's no place for anyone else.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, trueblue1987 said:

I bet if you asked a high percentage of fans of premiership clubs  they'd say exactly that. Its how the modern game is going better get used to it.

Edited by darra

My take on it:

Player  (or advisors) hear they can make 10k a week with a prem team

Club understandably wont match said deal

Player maintains position

Club try new tactic and stop player playing

Player throws toys out of the pram

You can't blame either party really. Sad state of affairs that could have been handled better on both sides and will leave a bad taste in everyone's mouth. George will still get his bag of gold though.

Edited by neo hippy

9 minutes ago, Animis said:

Let's keep the numbers simple for ease. 

If swfc pay a maximum of £500 a week max to their academy players.

Other clubs in the league pay £2000 a week to all academy players.  

George is offered a club record £600 a week. Just because we put 'club record' or ' breaking the pricing structure' doesn't mean it a competative offer. I don't know the facts but to just trust this statement is wrong.

I saw a 'record breaking cake this September and it was pretty uninspiring. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, trueblue1987 said:

Sadly, I think you're right. In my heart I just hoped we'd be different.

as a pundit said the other day football is no longer a sport it's a business