Can anyone give a football reason for Carlos to stay?

22 minutes ago, pgmetcalf said:

Because if he was to go it should have been after the playoffs. Right now is a critical time, hence why we have all these pigs on here desperate for him to be sacked (and owls fans being suckered in by it all) and ruin the season. Once it becomes evident whether or not the season is dead, reassess the manager then.

The pigs I know desperately want him to keep the job

55 minutes ago, pgmetcalf said:

Because if he was to go it should have been after the playoffs. Right now is a critical time, hence why we have all these pigs on here desperate for him to be sacked (and owls fans being suckered in by it all) and ruin the season. Once it becomes evident whether or not the season is dead, reassess the manager then.

OK I believe you

I was sucked in by pigs about last Christmas when I decided that I wanted him to go

the other 90% on here that want him to go have been brain washed by pigs as well

I also said that the season was dead when he signed a new contract, how ever I might be wrong because the relegation fight might go on until the end of the season

Edited by the third man

54 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

Who exactly are all these pigs desperate for him to be sacked?

The pigs come on here to take the p i ss out of our plight at the moment. They are loving every minute of Carlos' failures. 

I was going to say that. Most blades fans I know are desperate for us to keep him. Similarly quite a few of our fans are desperate for Wilder to leave them and go to a premier league club. Speaks volumes.

CC is being given players for the positions  he wants to strengthen. He has to pick players he has not brought in. Not his fault the average age is too high. Nor that 'past their best' players arrive with injury problems.  

You cannot blame him for picking the players he trusts more than others. In training, Wallace, Lee, Reach and Bannan may look the best midfield option in training although they may not be good enough. 

Loyalty does inspire motivation. 

I was there yesterday. Decent strikers with youth and energy would have converted some of those half chances esp from the crosses from Bannan on the left before half time. Wednesday had much more possession and fought very hard-it really mattered to them- but the Barnsley players had youth and stamina.

He has medical staff and trying staff who deliver injured and unfit players. Not his fault.

He makes mistakes of course-which manager does not?

1 hour ago, pgmetcalf said:

So basically wait until the season is gone and we have no chance of turning it round? 

What have you seen this season that suggests carlos will turn this round and get us winning again because I've seen nothing that suggests we will.

3 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

He's proved he can make the top reaches of this division 2 outta 3 times up to now....Thats all I got...

If any of you can inform me of how good his replacement is...I'm happy to listen

He's also proven he is not willing to learn from his mistakes to turn it around. I thank him for the last two seasons but realistically his time is up.

2 hours ago, Simaniac Owl said:

Squad aren’t fit enough. 

Play is predictable. 

Players we we have are not been utilised effectively. 

I could go go on and on. 

Can anyone answer my question?

He's the best coach we have had in decades and there is nobody out there worth looking at for a replacement

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, akbuk said:

He's the best coach we have had in decades and there is nobody out there worth looking at for a replacement

lol

lol

lol

lol

lol

One of Owlstalk’s daftest ever posts. And that is saying something. 

lol

Edited by Simaniac Owl
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, pgmetcalf said:

I guess this must be why our fans sometimes get labelled as deluded. The only way our season isn't already dead is if Carlos drags us into a relegation battle. 

37 minutes ago, victorturner said:

I was there yesterday. Decent strikers with youth and energy would have converted some of those half chances esp from the crosses from Bannan on the left before half time. 

You mean someone like Sam Winnall? Another player who was repeatedly overlooked by Carlos. 

Edited by snaykz
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, akbuk said:

I would love to know what Stuart Gray could have achieved with £30m to spend. I reckon we could have been promoted by now. 

there are no reasons to keep carlos none. but the only way he will go is if 25k or maybe only 22k what will turn up tues night and  shout carlos out not a hundred but thousands of us, a few hundred of us shouted carlos out at Bolton don't know if chansiri was there and heard us . also hitting chansiri in pocket might also help this cant go on we need a new man to steer us away from getting dragged into a relegation fight and rebuild for next season. I don't want aside full of players on they last legs and last contract like we have. ie fletcher,wallace,abdi, loovens boyd etc 

12 minutes ago, snaykz said:

I would love to know what Stuart Gray could have achieved with £30m to spend. I reckon we could have been promoted by now. 

I reckon with 30 million available, Stuey would have secured Wickham on a permanent and may well have been able to hang onto Antonio when he was forced to sell. McGugan would have been effective under Stuey. We could have had a midfield comprised of Antonio, Drenthe, Lee and McGugan with Wickham and a decent strike partner up top. The defence Stuey put out was good enough to hold its own against any team in the Championship. I reckon that team wouldn't have been too far off promotion and I certainly believe it would have been enough to match Carlos' back to back play-offs (on a fraction of the budget).

• Like 1

I was told on here pre season that we would get promoted because - 

we finished 6th then 4th so therefore we would finish second this season.

we have the best attacking options in the league. 

We equalled our clean sheet record. 

Oh and 15 years ago we were proper crap. 

lol

2 minutes ago, David1867 said:

I was told on here pre season that we would get promoted because - 

we finished 6th then 4th so therefore we would finish second this season.

we have the best attacking options in the league. 

We equalled our clean sheet record. 

Oh and 15 years ago we were proper crap. 

lol

I was of that mind... I don't care about admitting it.

20 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

I reckon with 30 million available, Stuey would have secured Wickham on a permanent and may well have been able to hang onto Antonio when he was forced to sell. McGugan would have been effective under Stuey. We could have had a midfield comprised of Antonio, Drenthe, Lee and McGugan with Wickham and a decent strike partner up top. The defence Stuey put out was good enough to hold its own against any team in the Championship. I reckon that team wouldn't have been too far off promotion and I certainly believe it would have been enough to match Carlos' back to back play-offs (on a fraction of the budget).

totally agree and also far far more entertaining to watch wingers with pace going at full backs rather than Wallace and reach cutting back all the time.