Vote of confidence

1 hour ago, welsOwl74 said:

That would mean dc admitting he got it wrong offering Carlos a new contract

His ego wouldn't allow it

Well it's either his ego or for what's best for the club.

Big decisions for DC to make soon - let's hope he makes the right ones

Edited by Earlsfieldowl

1 hour ago, welsOwl74 said:

That would mean dc admitting he got it wrong offering Carlos a new contract

His ego wouldn't allow it

Ignoring your petty little snipe at our Chairman, how do you figure that giving CC a vote of confidence would be an admission of 'getting it wrong'? The opposite, I would say. 

Guest Deleted member
1 hour ago, DuncOwl said:

they communicate as well as they ever have done. And when they do, they can't win anyway, because you'll soon be on here claiming its all rhetoric anyway

I think youve missed the bit where I was actually saying that it sprobably a good thing

Don't let that stop you moaning though

1 hour ago, N0rtherner said:

Let CC have the first third of the season to prove if he can turn things around. That means another 3 matches; and if he gets the team back into shape and we come away with 3 wins to be on target for play offs/promotion, because we're on track wrt. other thread about minimum 24 pts after first third of the season is done.

All due respect, it's been the following;

Inconsistency and Awful form in Feb/March 2017 - 'Give him until the end of the league season'

Awful play-off campaign after returning to type following a winning league run - 50/50 split on giving him another season

Awful pre-season and start to campaign - Give him 1st 10 games

Floundering after 12 games in midtable - Give him another 3 games

My question is, when does this stop? We might get one resounding win a draw and defeat in next 3 games and it will be - 'Give him until Christmas' and then more inconsistency - 'Give him until end of season'.

The only obvious thing is that we aren't showing any signs of improvement for the whole of 2017 and we are burying our heads in the sand if we think things will change no matter how much longer we give him.

Vote of confidence or not, Carlos is working on borrowed time, it depends how long it takes for DC to swallow his pride, wait much longer and we could get dragged into a relegation battle.

No team with serious ambitions loses to the bottom club twice in a season

DC is just delaying the inevitable

Or maybe DC is delaying until the right man becomes available.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

1 hour ago, N0rtherner said:

Let CC have the first third of the season to prove if he can turn things around. That means another 3 matches; and if he gets the team back into shape and we come away with 3 wins to be on target for play offs/promotion, because we're on track wrt. other thread about minimum 24 pts after first third of the season is done.

First of all let's see where we're at after 10 games when the table settles down. 

Now the first 3rd of the season 15 games for him to sort it. 

Will it be half the season or till January next bud??, not knocking trying to be positive and backing the manager. I just feel we keep deciding to give him more time and when the deadline comes and we're still more miss than hit we jut want to give him more time again. 

Can't see any real improvement to be honest over the next few games, probably win next one, then lose then draw again as we're totally jekyll and hide this season and don't think Carlos has it in him to change that. I'm not having a go, its just incredibly frustrating and annoying how we go from brilliant to diabolical so quickly between games and our set pieces mirror this too. 

Edited by shezzas left peg

41 minutes ago, OutspokenTom said:

Inconsistency and Awful form in Feb/March 2017 - 'Give him until the end of the league season'

Awful play-off campaign after returning to type following a winning league run - 50/50 split on giving him another season

My question is, when does this stop? We might get one resounding win a draw and defeat in next 3 games and it will be - 'Give him until Christmas' and then more inconsistency - 'Give him until end of season'.

The only obvious thing is that we aren't showing any signs of improvement for the whole of 2017 and we are burying our heads in the sand if we think things will change no matter how much longer we give him.

Its all down to DC , he may have already decided that he will give him the whole season, would not be surprised.

27 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

First of all let's see where we're at after 10 games when the table settles down. 

Will it be half the season or till January next bud??, not knocking trying to be positive and backing the manager. I just feel we keep deciding to give him more time and when the deadline comes and we're still more miss than hit we jut want to give him more time again. 

Can't see any real improvement to be honest over the next few games, probably win next one, then lose then draw again as we're totally jekyll and hide this season and don't think Carlos has it in him to change that. I'm not having a go, its just incredibly frustrating and annoying how we go from brilliant to diabolical so quickly between games and our set pieces mirror this too. 

38 minutes ago, OutspokenTom said:

Every bit as frustrated as you; but I've been holding off on out/stay vote of Carlos until the first 15 matches; that's the milestone I've had to coincide with the guy who posts those graphs and statistical analysis of past 3-4 campaigns and average points needed to be on target for play offs. And from the first 15 matches; the milestone target is minimum 24 points; and right now that means 3 wins from the next 3. He's painted himself into a corner with those losses at Birmingham and Bolton now so he cannot afford draw and defeat in the next 3 games in my book. By "another 3 games" it is now time for 3 wins to be on track for 24+ points by 15 games. 3 wins back to back would take us into play off positions; what would your decision be then?

Changing manager is costly; and yes, I'm not saying we shouldn't if we find there's a problem our current one is incapable of fixing; but as things stand, if he turns things around and we go on a run and jolt up the table; half of the 'out' squad will fall silent again because all they want is success. It was first and foremost frustrating, and then embarrassing, to see us stumble around the pitch both against Brum and Bolton. Heck, I've just seen an Arsenal player prioritise picking his nose and leaving an unmarked Cleverley to score for Watford; and our players fall into the same traps; they're hugely inconsistent in when they're fired up and raring to have a go; which is when we see how good the squad is, and then with margins on your side you win the day; to other times when they saunter around and don't go for the second balls, make an effort to jump properly in the most basic challenge... and when that happens collectively; we make mistakes, costly ones at that. But never once do I believe Carlos said that Hutchinson should make that back pass to Wildsmith that led to a clearance straight into a Bolton player; etc. But CC needs to get to the bottom of this lapse in motivation or whatever they're going through; and if he does and we get 3 wins back to back; we'd be on our way.

But then, it would be on a short term contract because another lapse would then mean his time is up anyway - I'm not getting 25 points after 15 and then accepting more performances like Brum & Bolton; from then on it needs to be an entirely different level of consistency; and 3 wins from next 3 would - for the time being - be proof Carlos still can pull it off.

10 minutes ago, Big Jack said:

Its all down to DC , he may have already decided that he will give him the whole season, would not be surprised.

Maybe he's giving CC until the new replica kit becomes available.... which might be the whole season at this rate ;)

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE bobbar TU said:

Vote of confidence or not, Carlos is working on borrowed time, it depends how long it takes for DC to swallow his pride, wait much longer and we could get dragged into a relegation battle.

No team with serious ambitions loses to the bottom club twice in a season

DC is just delaying the inevitable

Or maybe DC is delaying until the right man becomes available.

Unfortunately I can see it being that untill DC thinks promotion is almost out of our grasps we will have CC in charge. As soon as the league looks like a set shape and we look almost guaranteed out of promotion that’s when he will be sacked in hope for a quick turnaround whilst promotion is still a possibility we will have CC as far as can be pushed untill almost lose promotion ground. 

2 hours ago, Watto said:

Why wait till Saturday ? 

Surely 3 defeats in the last 4 against two teams sat in the bottom 3 and 12th in the table with no indication that things will get better should be enough!

If Chansiri was going to sack him after those results he'd have done it already.

That he hasn't means he's going to wait until at least after the Derby game.

45 minutes ago, Lomas613 said:

Unfortunately I can see it being that untill DC thinks promotion is almost out of our grasps we will have CC in charge. As soon as the league looks like a set shape and we look almost guaranteed out of promotion that’s when he will be sacked in hope for a quick turnaround whilst promotion is still a possibility we will have CC as far as can be pushed untill almost lose promotion ground. 

Exactly. We're holding out our trousers so DC can pour custard down them.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, shezzas left peg said:

What's this " we " it's got nothing to do with us...DC will already have made his mind up what the cut off point is whether it's the end of the season...or January if we are not in the play offs...where does this idea come from that we as fans decide what is going to happen ? I think some people have some grandiose ideas of how important they are...on a social media site FFS lol 

2 hours ago, DuncOwl said:

they communicate as well as they ever have done. And when they do, they can't win anyway, because you'll soon be on here claiming its all rhetoric anyway

Bang on! Not sure why SOME  fans think they should know everything that goes on!! It's a business after all and we are nothing more than customers like it or not! 

1 hour ago, daveyboy66 said:

What's this " we " it's got nothing to do with us...DC will already have made his mind up what the cut off point is whether it's the end of the season...or January if we are not in the play offs...where does this idea come from that we as fans decide what is going to happen ? I think some people have some grandiose ideas of how important they are...on a social media site FFS lol 

lol

I love the "I've lost confidence in Carlos now" posts... as if it foookin matters.