Vote of confidence

Given the amount of rumours circulating, and have been for a while, re CC and possible new managers, I find the silence from Hillsboro rather worrying. Surely by now mr C should at least be backing Carlos publicly if he intends to stick with him?

1 minute ago, Plonk said:

Given the amount of rumours circulating, and have been for a while, re CC and possible new managers, I find the silence from Hillsboro rather worrying. Surely by now mr C should at least be backing Carlos publicly if he intends to stick with him?

The vote of confidence is often the last thing a manager gets before he is sacked...

I think that Chansiri would ideally like to keep Carlos in the job. However, I think he will only be prepared to do this for so long, particularly if the pressure from supporters ramped up any further.

In line with that, I'm guessing he thinks saying nothing is probably the best policy. He might not realise that sacking your manager just after a "vote of confidence" is almost customary in this country.

lol

9 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Chansiri doesn't do things like that.

He wants to back his man so clearly he should give him a vote of confidence.

But he also knows that fans think the vote of confidence is the opposite of the vote of confidence , so clearly he cannot give him a vote of confidence. But also knows that we know that he cannot give a vote of confidence because we'll misconstrue it and Giddings and co will add the precursor  "the dreaded" to the vote of confidence so he should give a proper vote of confidence and follow it through. ..but he also knows in doing that he goes against football religion if then doesn't sack the manager after the next game after the vote of confidence. 

He doesn't want to sack the manager so he clearly cannot give him the vote of confidence. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSstJCLEkyqwz2yM1CvT1h

An impasse?

No. I'm just getting started , knowing what we know of him he's clearly a man who likes to be right. So he could do a vote of confidence and follow it through. But in the vote of confidence scenario  you can never be right. ..and no vote of confodence is ever followed through so he clearly cannot do that.  He needs to do one of two things. 

Give him a vote of 'meh - confidence' and tell us he's staying no matter what. Or go to Thailand and drink some tea until this all blows over.

Edited by Lord Snooty
  • Haha 1

Guest Deleted member

The club don't communicate with the fans these days. Everything is kept in house.

That can be a good thing at times too.

Let CC have the first third of the season to prove if he can turn things around. That means another 3 matches; and if he gets the team back into shape and we come away with 3 wins to be on target for play offs/promotion, because we're on track wrt. other thread about minimum 24 pts after first third of the season is done.

1 hour ago, Grandad said:

The club don't communicate with the fans these days. Everything is kept in house.

That can be a good thing at times too.

they communicate as well as they ever have done. And when they do, they can't win anyway, because you'll soon be on here claiming its all rhetoric anyway

No statements will get release from Hillsborough until they need the fans to buy the new shirts.

This could be the final nail in the coffin of the club if the chairman tries to fleece us all one last time, with prices or it could be a sorry for the shambles of the club come and get your shirt for £30 adults and £25 for kids.

Personally I don't think so as we the fans are the ones paying for the new players, the bloated squad and the lack of any off field business acumen shown by anyone at the club. So I fully expect prices of £50 - £60 for shirts.

We will find out this week apparently but I think I might have heard that before.

1 hour ago, cookeh said:

As has been said, actions speak louder than words and Chansiri popping up in the dugout tells you where he's at.

That said, things can change and a loss at the weekend surely ends it. one win in 6, 4 losses in 5, 4 points from 18.

Why wait till Saturday ? 

Surely 3 defeats in the last 4 against two teams sat in the bottom 3 and 12th in the table with no indication that things will get better should be enough!