So Much For Being A Man Of His Word

3 hours ago, ramone said:

Different horses for different courses I suppose. 

Frankly, i'll take this over getting walloped at Stevenage and drawing at home against a Yeovil team with 9 men. 

We're having a sticky spell. Every club has them. Unlike most teams, we're showing a manager that has given his all, that is a popular person within the dressing room and one thats done well for us a chance to turn it around. I'm so proud of that. 

The mans a victim of his own success and it makes me sick and ashamed to see some of the things written by so called supporters. Its quite frankly disgusting. 

Difference was , when we drew with Yeovil we were skint and about to go under and it cost 20 quid to get in.

its now 40 +quid to get in , and the manager has had pretty much an open cheque book for the first two years. That money has been used dreadfully . It’s not unreasonable to expect more. I also don’t believe he is popular in the dressing room. The players look as bored as most fans to be honest . 

What success has has he bought ? Freezing in the play offs twice despite having the luxury of buying the likes of hooper , ff, reach, fletcher , bannan etc etc. How is being pipped by a team like hudders on a fraction of our budget a success ? 

Never comdone personal insults but hes a very very average manager who is looking more and more daft with each embarrassing defeat 

1 hour ago, ramone said:

Picture this scenario

The 2 seasons swap. So we lose in the semi year 1, lose in the final year 2. I'm certain that we wouldn't have this utterly ridiculous thirst for change. Ultimately, we're experiencing bad runs. You don't win every game. Invariably, every team, every season has a bad run. And what, you sack a manager thats done well for you cos we've lost 3 in 4... Thankfully. my meltdown meter is wired up a little higher than most. 

It's the manner of defeats and style of football we play. Bottled play-offs two years in a row. Both times it was there for the taking. 

53 minutes ago, Animal said:

its not just this season, we need to stop dropping points against team we should realistically beat and its not just a couple of times a season its most of the time.

not good these past 3 weeks i'll grant you but our record against the bottom 6 last season was ( off the top of my head) 9-1 -2 which kind of suggests we don't capitulate to the lesser clubs to often .

2 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Difference was , when we drew with Yeovil we were skint and about to go under and it cost 20 quid to get in.

its now 40 +quid to get in , and the manager has had pretty much an open cheque book for the first two years. That money has been used dreadfully . It’s not unreasonable to expect more. I also don’t believe he is popular in the dressing room. The players look as bored as most fans to be honest . 

What success has has he bought ? Freezing in the play offs twice despite having the luxury of buying the likes of hooper , ff, reach, fletcher , bannan etc etc. How is being pipped by a team like hudders on a fraction of our budget a success ? 

Never comdone personal insults but hes a very very average manager who is looking more and more daft with each embarrassing defeat 

Yes, I want him out, but it shouldn't be personal even though he is an easy target and I have erred a couple of times. 

He is a good man, out of his depth.

1 minute ago, james o connor said:

Completely agree with what you say about ticket prices. Paying £40 for any game of football is scandalous. But thats not his fault is it. I'm not sure pricing match day tickets falls under his remit as Head Coach for the first team. Also, do you really think he has all the say on transfers and the fee's we pay. Not on your Nelly...

I monitor success on the 46 game season. Yeah the play offs haven't gone that well but to say a guy a doesn't a clue after 2 seasons of good league positions is just mind boggling. I'm sorry, I just cant see your reasoning for saying that. A team has no divine right to win the play offs because their name is bigger than another clubs. Again, to suggest that is just plain daft. 

Not really sure why you dont think he;s popular in the dressing room. After the play off defeat Glenn Loovens and few other senior players knocked on his door and asked him not to resign. They did the same only a couple of weeks ago... That shows a sign a support to me. 

5 minutes ago, owls101 said:

It's the manner of defeats and style of football we play. Bottled play-offs two years in a row. Both times it was there for the taking. 

You can say 'it was there for the taking' about ANY game of football. 

36 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Yep...derby game did it for me.

Was absolutely crushed after that and frankly embarrassed.

We have never got started this season. 

I dread to think what will happen in the return fixture at Bramal Lane if he’s still in charge.

2 minutes ago, owls101 said:

at last someone who's given  a valid reason for wanting him gone  , the results until the last 3 weeks have generally  been good ever since he's been here but i'll totally agree how he goes about getting the results is usually painful to watch .....

3 minutes ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

Yes, I want him out, but it shouldn't be personal even though he is an easy target and I have erred a couple of times. 

He is a good man, out of his depth.

A man thats managed a host of good European clubs is out of his depth at a club in the 2nd tier of English football. A team who the nearest they've been to top flight football football in nearly 2 decades came under the stewardship of the man you claim to be out of his depth... 

You just cant make it up

1 minute ago, ramone said:

Completely agree with what you say about ticket prices. Paying £40 for any game of football is scandalous. But thats not his fault is it. I'm not sure pricing match day tickets falls under his remit as Head Coach for the first team. Also, do you really think he has all the say on transfers and the fee's we pay. Not on your Nelly...

I monitor success on the 46 game season. Yeah the play offs haven't gone that well but to say a guy a doesn't a clue after 2 seasons of good league positions is just mind boggling. I'm sorry, I just cant see your reasoning for saying that. A team has no divine right to win the play offs because their name is bigger than another clubs. Again, to suggest that is just plain daft. 

Not really sure why you dont think he;s popular in the dressing room. After the play off defeat Glenn Loovens and few other senior players knocked on his door and asked him not to resign. They did the same only a couple of weeks ago... That shows a sign a support to me. 

No it’s not his fault it’s a rip off. But the fact it is so expensive and the players have been signed at a premium , regardless of who has the final say means shipping four to the pigs and freezing in the play offs isn’t acceptable. If you lose you lose but the levels of performance and the way we lose is the issue. 

Again we don’t have right to win the play offs, but as A fan I have the right to expect them to at least turn up . I never once mentioned the name of the club. ( for starters we are a nobody in football despite what some think) . I was pointing to the fact Huddersfield had been competitive once on a tiny budget and up they went. We have bottled in embarrassing fashion in the play offs twice on a huge budget. Unfortuantly even that seems a distant dream now . 

Nobody can say for sure the players true feelings either way, it’s merely my opinion. They look bored . I might be wrong but being 2 rows from the front on Saturday , it was easy to see something isn’t right . 

Everyone has has differing opinions , but any which way we look at it , this isn’t success 4th or 14th the performances are an underachievement with the players at his disposal . 

11 hours ago, Blue and white said:

Have your say Under-fire head coach Carlos Carvalhal remains confident he can get Wednesday’s fans back on side this season. Some of Wednesday’s 4,700 plus travelling fans were heard chanting ‘We Want Carlos Out’ in the dying embers of Saturday’s 2-1 loss at bottom-of-the-table Bolton Wanderers. Owls head coach Carlos Carvalhal.....Pic Steve Ellis The pressure is mounting on Carvalhal following three defeats in their last four outings. The result leaves them 12th in the Championship standings, a whopping eight points adrift of the second automatic promotion berth after 12 matches. But the Portuguese head coach, who has led the Owls to back-to-back play-off finishes, is sure he can turn things around. He said: “If we can win some games in a row and come back with good performances, I’m absolutely sure the fans will follow us. “But we must do our work. We can’t lose games and expect the fans to be happy. “The fans are unhappy and they have reasons to be unhappy. I agree with them because I am unhappy.“But we are not far from the first positions. It is a very hard competition and all teams are losing points. We still believe we can achieve promotion this season.” Carvalhal insists he does not fear the sack and has vowed to address their patchy form.“I must do my work,” he said. “I do the best that I can. “We didn’t play a good game against Bolton but a few weeks ago we put in one of our best performances since I arrived at Sheffield Wednesday.“My staff and I work hard. After Leeds almost everything was perfect and good. When we lose one game, everything is wrong. “I believe there is a middle between the things. We were not so fantastic against Leeds but we were not garbage against Bolton.“We have to win points in a hard competition. I will prepare the team for Derby to try to win the game next week.“We put in a good performance against Leeds and scored three goals which made us believe we could do that more often.“But I agree with the critics who say we must be more consistent. We can’t play like we did against Leeds one week and then not play at the same level the next week. We must correct things and do better. We are missing some consistency.”Michael Gray, the ex-Owls defender turned media pundit, hopes Carvalhal is given more time to rectify their results. “I still think you’ve got to be patient with him,” said Gray on Football on 5. “A couple more wins gets them back up to where they should be and if they can get back into the play-offs, who knows? They’ve got every chance.”

Read more at: http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/video-under-fire-carvalhal-vows-to-win-over-sheffield-wednesday-fans-again-1-8806138

Did he not say he would walk if the fans turned against him and yet here he is telling anyone who will listen that he will turn this around and get the fans back on his side.

Man up FFS and leave with whats left of your pride.

Lovely article sir but yet again another thinly veiled attack on Carlos. 

IMG_9762.GIF.37f477775d48a8053f940ab6bdc764fb.GIF

TRUST IN CARLOS  :manager:

24 minutes ago, frastheowl said:

Fans need to realise that this scenario does not excuse questioning Carlos' character.

I, and many fans, think enough is enough. This pattern of failing play has gone on for too long, and when he was given a reprieve in the summer, it was imperative we hit the ground running. Well we haven't. This must be close to our worst start now for several years, despite the expectation placed upon this squad.

It's time for Carlos to go, in my opinion, because his methods are failing and have been for a long period of time now. We've gone from been a tactically astute outfit punching above our weight, to a team lacking any cohesion, any balance and underachieving hugely. That slide needs to be arrested, and it needs to be done, whilst we still have a genuine chance of promotion. Wait another 2 or 3 weeks, and that 8 points gap to the automatic promotion places, could easily be 12-15 points, and the playoffs could be three victories away. We need to act swiftly.

However, I don't think Carlos' character or personality can be questioned. He's always conducted himself very well. Has always been the consummate professional, and respected the club and the fans. Let's not turn this into an attack on Carlos Carvahal himself. We are better than that as fans, and he deserves better than that, as a person and for the job he's done.

His time has run out...but he should still be able to walk away from this club with dignity, and he should be allowed to look back at his time here fondly, and not be remembered for a sourness towards him, at the end of his era. 

Here f00king here. 

As you say: his time is up.

That doesn’t justify pathetic personal digs at him - he’s clueless, a fraud, his English isn’t so great (much better than our Portuguese...)

Think people who espouse such views need to really take a step back.

2 minutes ago, james o connor said:

No it’s not his fault it’s a rip off. But the fact it is so expensive and the players have been signed at a premium , regardless of who has the final say means shipping four to the pigs and freezing in the play offs isn’t acceptable. If you lose you lose but the levels of performance and the way we lose is the issue. 

Again we don’t have right to win the play offs, but as A fan I have the right to expect them to at least turn up . I never once mentioned the name of the club. ( for starters we are a nobody in football despite what some think) . I was pointing to the fact Huddersfield had been competitive once on a tiny budget and up they went. We have bottled in embarrassing fashion in the play offs twice on a huge budget. Unfortuantly even that seems a distant dream now . 

Nobody can say for sure the players true feelings either way, it’s merely my opinion. They look bored . I might be wrong but being 2 rows from the front on Saturday , it was easy to see something isn’t right . 

Everyone has has differing opinions , but any which way we look at it , this isn’t success 4th or 14th the performances are an underachievement with the players at his disposal . 

I totally agree. At the moment, we're under achieving. I'm not looking to pull the wool over anyones eyes. Losing away at Birmingham and Bolton is unacceptable and isn't a reflection of where you need to be to achieve promotion. But realistically, and please prove me wrong if I am, I dont recall our form being as bad as this under Carlos yet. Are we that in tune with the likes of Man City and Chelsea that we dont allow a manager to lose a few before demanding a change...? 

I didnt go Saturday so I cant possibly comment. I was there earlier in the season and it was abysmal until the last 20 minutes. Things need to change. We need to play for 90 minutes. I would go on record to say that I bet we've conceded the first goal in a game more than most in the division so far. I think Carlos can and will turn it around.

I dont see the point in going all negative on him. Its counter productive. The chairman has made it clear he wont sack him so whats the point? 

23 minutes ago, ramone said:

A man thats managed a host of good European clubs is out of his depth at a club in the 2nd tier of English football. A team who the nearest they've been to top flight football football in nearly 2 decades came under the stewardship of the man you claim to be out of his depth... 

You just cant make it up

Look, he's a charasmatic guy, will doubtless come across well at interview hence him not finding it too difficult to get jobs at some decent clubs. But it's one thing getting the job and quite another to do it well enough not to get the push. 

1998–1999 Espinho
1999–2000 Freamunde
2000 Vizela
2000–2001 Aves
2001–2002 Leixões
2003–2004 Vitória Setúbal
2004–2005 Belenenses
2006 Braga
2006 Beira-Mar
2007–2008 Vitória Setúbal
2008 Asteras Tripoli
2009 Marítimo
2009–2010 Sporting CP
2011–2012 Beşiktaş
2012 İstanbul BB
2015– Sheffield Wednesday

Do I need to explain further? 

Edited by Almat

5 minutes ago, ramone said:

I totally agree. At the moment, we're under achieving. I'm not looking to pull the wool over anyones eyes. Losing away at Birmingham and Bolton is unacceptable and isn't a reflection of where you need to be to achieve promotion. But realistically, and please prove me wrong if I am, I dont recall our form being as bad as this under Carlos yet. Are we that in tune with the likes of Man City and Chelsea that we dont allow a manager to lose a few before demanding a change...? 

I didnt go Saturday so I cant possibly comment. I was there earlier in the season and it was abysmal until the last 20 minutes. Things need to change. We need to play for 90 minutes. I would go on record to say that I bet we've conceded the first goal in a game more than most in the division so far. I think Carlos can and will turn it around.

I dont see the point in going all negative on him. Its counter productive. The chairman has made it clear he wont sack him so whats the point? 

totally agree with this, it has been a really bad run of form. I believe Carlos deserves the chance to fix it. The other options as manager that are out there don't strike me as people who will come and fix things quickly. I would give him until mid December and if we aren't in the top 12 or in the playoff picture and then if there's a better option, then get rid.

I think really he needs help, either a new assistant manager or a director of football to try change our fortunes, a bit like we did with Stuart Gray when Jones was in charge.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Blue and white said:

I totally agree we are indeed missing Fernando Forestieri.

Along with Westwood in goal, Pudil at left back, Loovens at centre back and on field captain.

Only two of our normally solid back five played v Bolton.

Result was defensive Chaos.