So Much For Being A Man Of His Word

13 minutes ago, Blatter said:

Along with Westwood in goal, Pudil at left back, Loovens at centre back and on field captain.

Only two of our normally solid back five played v Bolton.

Result was defensive Chaos.

We've spent more than 30 million quid on players, this sort of excuse won't wash anymore. 

24 minutes ago, Blatter said:

Along with Westwood in goal, Pudil at left back, Loovens at centre back and on field captain.

But instead we fielded reach his first choice left back and the new 4 million centre half .... 

1 minute ago, james o connor said:

But instead we fielded reach his first choice left back and the new 4 million centre half .... 

Reach might be Carlos's first choice left back but wouldn't be mine.

Can't tackle, no positional sense. Looks every bit a left winger played out of position.

Should be out and out left winger. Left wing back at a push if 3 at the back to cover him.

Ask Phil Parkinson and Ameobe

5 minutes ago, Blatter said:

Can't tackle, no positional sense. Looks every bit a left winger played out of position.

Should be out and out left winger. Left wing back at a push if 3 at the back to cover him.

Exactly which is more bewildering why this 5 Million quid player ( yeah I k ow another shocking bit of business )is being played there . 

11 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Exactly which is more bewildering why this 5 Million quid player ( yeah I k ow another shocking bit of business )is being played there . 

Its to accomodate Bannan, Lee, Wallace and Jones/ Hutch in midfield.

Someting has to give.

1 hour ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

All managers get the sack at some stage. The number of clubs he's managed are irrelevant, especially in the places he's managed. 

The lengths some "fans" go to in order to prove their point is ridiculous. 

Has anybody found a pic of him in a red and white striped shirt and laughing with Wilder yet? 

If you were interviewing for a manager at your place of work, you would find the applicant's CV entirely relevant or why ask for it? But apparently it's not relevant for the club you love. Weird logic...

Edited by Almat

1 minute ago, Almat said:

If you were interviewing for a manager at your place of work, you would find the applicant's CV entirely relevant or why ask for it? But apparently it's not relevant for the club you love. Weird. 

I'm also looking at his record whilst being with us. Two consecutive top 6 finishes, when was the last time a manager of ours did that?

I'm also looking what is out there and who is possbly available, not pie in the sky appointments. Getting rid of our most successful manager in nigh on 30yrs for bang average same old managers on the merry go round is utter madness.

7 hours ago, Blue and white said:

Did he or did he not say on camera that if he lost the fans then he would go, he waffled something about a triangle and that it wasn't about money.

He did, but he hasn't lost all of the fans. He's probably lost half of us at the most, of which 10% are a vocal (idiotic) minority.

57 minutes ago, Blatter said:

Whilst we are asking people, can we ask Bannan why he offered no coverage to the left-back and often left him to play against 2? Reach was the only player to out of Saturday with some credit, yet, because he cost a bob or two, simpletons just use it as a stick to needlessly beat him with.

38 minutes ago, DuncOwl said:

Whilst we are asking people, can we ask Bannan why he offered no coverage to the left-back and often left him to play against 2? Reach was the only player to out of Saturday with some credit, yet, because he cost a bob or two, simpletons just use it as a stick to needlessly beat him with.

Funny thing is in today’s market he didn’t even cost that much. 

2 hours ago, Blatter said:

The only reason Pudil didn't play on Saturday was because the manager didn't pick him so you can hardly use that as a defence of him!

3 hours ago, ramone said:

A man thats managed a host of good European clubs is out of his depth at a club in the 2nd tier of English football. A team who the nearest they've been to top flight football football in nearly 2 decades came under the stewardship of the man you claim to be out of his depth... 

You just cant make it up

Managed a host of good European clubs?......really?.....of the 20 ish that he's managed 2 at most would survive in the Championship

1 hour ago, DuncOwl said:

Lets be clear, Reach is an excellent player who always gives 100%.

He's just not a left full back in a back 4. Ability to tackle is essential.

Play him as a wing back in a 3-5-2 or left midfield in the 4-4-2 we usually play and he will shine.

48 minutes ago, Blatter said:

Lets be clear, Reach is an excellent player who always gives 100%.

He's just not a left full back in a back 4. Ability to tackle is essential.

Play him as a wing back in a 3-5-2 or left midfield in the 4-4-2 we usually play and he will shine.

I've not seen anything from reach to think he's "an excellent" player. 

9 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

So Monday comes and goes and he is still in a job, what an absolute joke.

100% agree. It's so depressing that he's going to be allowed to continue to serve up more drivel. 

We've got an expensive squad on paper, a luxury that no manager has had at SWFC in my lifetime. The spending has stopped because we're at the boundary of FFP. I don't know how long this is going to last but I can't help feeling that we are wasting an amazing opportunity on a man who has consistently showed he isn't capable of achieving our goals. 

2 minutes ago, owlmanc said:

I've not seen anything from reach to think he's "an excellent" player. 

Thats because he's usually played out of his best position.

Earlier this season he played left back, right midfield and left midfield in the same game.

No other player is ever asked to do that.

He's also been used as a striker.

Give the boy game time left wing position that suits him. Carlos is moving him around to keep Bannan, Lee Wallace and Jones in midfield.

The last two do not deserve automatic selection