So Much For Being A Man Of His Word

7 minutes ago, Blatter said:

Thats because he's usually played out of his best position.

Earlier this season he played left back, right midfield and left midfield in the same game.

No other player is ever asked to do that.

He's also been used as a striker.

Give the boy game time left wing position that suits him. Carlos is moving him around to keep Bannan, Lee Wallace and Jones in midfield.

The last two do not deserve automatic selection 

Ive only got 2 issues with him being on the wing..

1: he's not fast 

2: he can't cross 

8 minutes ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

How long would you give the new man if Carlos was to be replaced ? 

Rest of this season and next. I think that's fair. Carlos has had more than a fair craxk

of the whip by anyone's standards 

It looked like a game that could have gone either way 

we can argue our finishing could have been better,

we could also also argue our defence looked a little to easy again to brake

what we can not argue is the result.

this is another very poor result against a very poor opposition 

and a team with our budget with our claims of ambition is massively underachieving.

there can be no question about it teams who are looking for automatic promotion do not loose against. Burton and bolton 

33 minutes ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

2 seasons is ample to judge a managers character. I was blown away with him in his first season and although we bottled the play off final I genuinely believed we would do it the season after.

His 2nd season was very hit and miss which granted we finished 4th however there are a number of reasons for this. Come the play offs we played a team we had beaten comfortably twice in the league and yet we reverted back to the same negative tacticts from the Hull match 12 months before.

In short Carlos lacks character and 2 years is more than sufficient.

2 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

2 seasons is ample to judge a managers character. I was blown away with him in his first season and although we bottled the play off final I genuinely believed we would do it the season after.

His 2nd season was very hit and miss which granted we finished 4th however there are a number of reasons for this. Come the play offs we played a team we had beaten comfortably twice in the league and yet we reverted back to the same negative tacticts from the Hull match 12 months before.

In short Carlos lacks character and 2 years is more than sufficient.

Your character is in question more than Carlos' IMO. lol

Edited by Big Ron's Sovereign

1 minute ago, Blue and white said:

I'm paid very well to assess people's character and mental state on a daily its what I do for a living.

If you're judging it the way you have done above then you need to reassess. This man that you say has no character has got our club to top 6 twice for the first time in many a year.  You don't like him that's obvious, don't start over this analysis ballsacks with it 

14 minutes ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

If you're judging it the way you have done above then you need to reassess. This man that you say has no character has got our club to top 6 twice for the first time in many a year.  You don't like him that's obvious, don't start over this analysis ballsacks with it 

Ok I don't know what I'm talking about then.

I have gone on record as saying should Carlos get this team promoted I will donate £200 to SCH, I'm willing to double that and donate £400 should he get us up this year, I don't say that lightly, I say it with confidence in my knowledge.

As for not liking him you couldn't be further from the truth, he comes across as a gentleman and it would be a pleasure to buy him a pint but just because he is a nice man doesn't make him a good manager, I happen to think Gandhi was a good man but I doubt he would have got us promoted.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, owlmanc said:

Rest of this season and next. I think that's fair. Carlos has had more than a fair craxk

of the whip by anyone's standards 

Exactly ... stabilise this season , it's going to take a bit of time to sort out this mess . Move some of the deadwood on in the summer and reasses at the end of the year . Carlos had two years which was fair . 

9 hours ago, ramone said:

Different horses for different courses I suppose. 

Frankly, i'll take this over getting walloped at Stevenage and drawing at home against a Yeovil team with 9 men. 

We're having a sticky spell. Every club has them. Unlike most teams, we're showing a manager that has given his all, that is a popular person within the dressing room and one thats done well for us a chance to turn it around. I'm so proud of that. 

The mans a victim of his own success and it makes me sick and ashamed to see some of the things written by so called supporters. Its quite frankly disgusting. 

I'd like to see you in the Dragons Den. No Ramone we're all out. But it's great. No please leave. No it's great honest it's brill. Please leave.  Dragged away screaming "No it's great honest, pleeeeeaaaaasssse" 

Next. It's me Ramone I've brought this. All Dragons: Nooooooooooo. 

8 hours ago, flo said:

Jones or Hutch hold in midfield atm. Bannan Wallce and Lee pick up the loose from the front two abd Reach And Hunt hugging the touchline. 

The only touchline Reach hugs is invariably in his own half. So many times on Saturday he had acres of space in front of him. He'd rather go and stand on the centre mid with the ball making a two yard pass so he can pass it back again, but only if the centre half pass isn't on.

8 hours ago, ramone said:

Picture this scenario

The 2 seasons swap. So we lose in the semi year 1, lose in the final year 2. I'm certain that we wouldn't have this utterly ridiculous thirst for change. Ultimately, we're experiencing bad runs. You don't win every game. Invariably, every team, every season has a bad run. And what, you sack a manager thats done well for you cos we've lost 3 in 4... Thankfully. my meltdown meter is wired up a little higher than most. 

We've had a bad run since August 2016. The play and tactics are woeful. If we made the play offs this season and you HAD to

bet your wages would you put them on Wednesday failing to turn up and cack boring football or would you put them on Wednesday winning? 

14 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

Throughout his time here, there has always been excuses for his inconsistency and underachievement.

He needs Hooper back. He needs FF back. We miss Hutch. Loovens is key. Etc, etc, etc.

Forget the excuses, he's just not a very good manager. 

Also a lot of the time its bad refereeing decisions. The Lee penalty claim saturday is a good example even though I'm not totally convinced the ref got it wrong.

5 hours ago, Blatter said:

Reach might be Carlos's first choice left back but wouldn't be mine.

Can't tackle, no positional sense. Looks every bit a left winger played out of position.

Should be out and out left winger. Left wing back at a push if 3 at the back to cover him.

Ask Phil Parkinson and Ameobe

Don't question Carlos. He's wrote a book. What do you know?? Reach not a left back?? Course he is. That's where Carlos plays him. And very good at it he is as well :columbo:

3 hours ago, Blatter said:

Lets be clear, Reach is an excellent player who always gives 100%.

He's just not a left full back in a back 4. Ability to tackle is essential.

Play him as a wing back in a 3-5-2 or left midfield in the 4-4-2 we usually play and he will shine.

If Carlos is so fantastic why can't he see this?

15 minutes ago, stanningtonowl said:

We've had a bad run since August 2016. The play and tactics are woeful. If we made the play offs this season and you HAD to

bet your wages would you put them on Wednesday failing to turn up and cack boring football or would you put them on Wednesday winning? 

I’m a Wednesday fan. Obviously I’d put it on them winning. Everyone would 

24 minutes ago, stanningtonowl said:

I'd like to see you in the Dragons Den. No Ramone we're all out. But it's great. No please leave. No it's great honest it's brill. Please leave.  Dragged away screaming "No it's great honest, pleeeeeaaaaasssse" 

Next. It's me Ramone I've brought this. All Dragons: Nooooooooooo. 

I have nothing to say about this...

2 hours ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

About a day for him to think I've got some good players but no pace. And then another day to form them into a passing attacking side. A transfer window to sort out the issues with our squad and then a few matches to get us in the play off spots. Then a week to practice attacking and shooting to try to win said playoffs. 

As much as I disliked him we're crying out for a repeat of the Dave Jones scenario. A manager to let the players play and attack. Would work wonders.