So Much For Being A Man Of His Word

Have your say Under-fire head coach Carlos Carvalhal remains confident he can get Wednesday’s fans back on side this season. Some of Wednesday’s 4,700 plus travelling fans were heard chanting ‘We Want Carlos Out’ in the dying embers of Saturday’s 2-1 loss at bottom-of-the-table Bolton Wanderers. Owls head coach Carlos Carvalhal.....Pic Steve Ellis The pressure is mounting on Carvalhal following three defeats in their last four outings. The result leaves them 12th in the Championship standings, a whopping eight points adrift of the second automatic promotion berth after 12 matches. But the Portuguese head coach, who has led the Owls to back-to-back play-off finishes, is sure he can turn things around. He said: “If we can win some games in a row and come back with good performances, I’m absolutely sure the fans will follow us. “But we must do our work. We can’t lose games and expect the fans to be happy. “The fans are unhappy and they have reasons to be unhappy. I agree with them because I am unhappy.“But we are not far from the first positions. It is a very hard competition and all teams are losing points. We still believe we can achieve promotion this season.” Carvalhal insists he does not fear the sack and has vowed to address their patchy form.“I must do my work,” he said. “I do the best that I can. “We didn’t play a good game against Bolton but a few weeks ago we put in one of our best performances since I arrived at Sheffield Wednesday.“My staff and I work hard. After Leeds almost everything was perfect and good. When we lose one game, everything is wrong. “I believe there is a middle between the things. We were not so fantastic against Leeds but we were not garbage against Bolton.“We have to win points in a hard competition. I will prepare the team for Derby to try to win the game next week.“We put in a good performance against Leeds and scored three goals which made us believe we could do that more often.“But I agree with the critics who say we must be more consistent. We can’t play like we did against Leeds one week and then not play at the same level the next week. We must correct things and do better. We are missing some consistency.”Michael Gray, the ex-Owls defender turned media pundit, hopes Carvalhal is given more time to rectify their results. “I still think you’ve got to be patient with him,” said Gray on Football on 5. “A couple more wins gets them back up to where they should be and if they can get back into the play-offs, who knows? They’ve got every chance.”

Read more at: http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/video-under-fire-carvalhal-vows-to-win-over-sheffield-wednesday-fans-again-1-8806138

Did he not say he would walk if the fans turned against him and yet here he is telling anyone who will listen that he will turn this around and get the fans back on his side.

Man up FFS and leave with whats left of your pride.

Exactly Carlos we played great against Leeds and then back to rubbish against Bolton that's the story of your career with us and also everything wasn't perfect after the Leeds game you'd be an idiot to genuinely think that because 7 days before that we all know what happened

Edited by s6 owl

He has got to go, enough is enough

I said after the playoff semi final defeat last season that he deserves the first 10 matches of this season to get us challenging the top 2 but it just isn't happening

If you're reading this Carlos, you've had more than 2 years and you have failed the target set by our chairman which was promotion to the Premier League

Do the honourable thing and step aside and let someone else have a shot

3 hours ago, Blue and white said:

Have your say Under-fire head coach Carlos Carvalhal remains confident he can get Wednesday’s fans back on side this season. Some of Wednesday’s 4,700 plus travelling fans were heard chanting ‘We Want Carlos Out’ in the dying embers of Saturday’s 2-1 loss at bottom-of-the-table Bolton Wanderers. Owls head coach Carlos Carvalhal.....Pic Steve Ellis The pressure is mounting on Carvalhal following three defeats in their last four outings. The result leaves them 12th in the Championship standings, a whopping eight points adrift of the second automatic promotion berth after 12 matches. But the Portuguese head coach, who has led the Owls to back-to-back play-off finishes, is sure he can turn things around. He said: “If we can win some games in a row and come back with good performances, I’m absolutely sure the fans will follow us. “But we must do our work. We can’t lose games and expect the fans to be happy. “The fans are unhappy and they have reasons to be unhappy. I agree with them because I am unhappy.“But we are not far from the first positions. It is a very hard competition and all teams are losing points. We still believe we can achieve promotion this season.” Carvalhal insists he does not fear the sack and has vowed to address their patchy form.“I must do my work,” he said. “I do the best that I can. “We didn’t play a good game against Bolton but a few weeks ago we put in one of our best performances since I arrived at Sheffield Wednesday.“My staff and I work hard. After Leeds almost everything was perfect and good. When we lose one game, everything is wrong. “I believe there is a middle between the things. We were not so fantastic against Leeds but we were not garbage against Bolton.“We have to win points in a hard competition. I will prepare the team for Derby to try to win the game next week.“We put in a good performance against Leeds and scored three goals which made us believe we could do that more often.“But I agree with the critics who say we must be more consistent. We can’t play like we did against Leeds one week and then not play at the same level the next week. We must correct things and do better. We are missing some consistency.”Michael Gray, the ex-Owls defender turned media pundit, hopes Carvalhal is given more time to rectify their results. “I still think you’ve got to be patient with him,” said Gray on Football on 5. “A couple more wins gets them back up to where they should be and if they can get back into the play-offs, who knows? They’ve got every chance.”

Read more at: http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/video-under-fire-carvalhal-vows-to-win-over-sheffield-wednesday-fans-again-1-8806138

Did he not say he would walk if the fans turned against him and yet here he is telling anyone who will listen that he will turn this around and get the fans back on his side.

Man up FFS and leave with whats left of your pride.

Will the penny ever drop that when we play positive, attacking football we invariably win those games, then when he inevitably reverts back to the over cautious 'a draw is better than a defeat' mentality, we sit back, playing negative football, invite pressure on from teams, go a goal down and then have to start playing catch up. That is why the inconsistency is there. We play terribly against united, the fans backlash so he plays positively against Leeds and we win. Everything seems good again so he reverts back to his negative tactics and guess what? We invite pressure on from a team rock bottom of the league and we lose the game. 

Its not the team who are inconsistent, it's the tactics. 

Time and time again this has happened and he either can't or won't change, so for me he has to go, as much as i want him to succeed. 

1 hour ago, Mr Farrell said:

Throughout his time here, there has always been excuses for his inconsistency and underachievement.

He needs Hooper back. He needs FF back. We miss Hutch. Loovens is key. Etc, etc, etc.

Forget the excuses, he's just not a very good manager. 

Agreed. And there's nothing in his managerial CV to suggest he has 'previous' for turning things around when they get this bad. 

Edited by Almat

Just now, james o connor said:

Of course he isn’t going to walk away though, why would he ? He’s being well paid for doing an average ( being generous ) job. Luckiest bloke on the planet 

I personally wouldn't blame him for not walking. DC set him on again, it's up to him to pay up his contract. 

Just now, Almat said:

I personally wouldn't blame him for not walking. DC set him on again, it's up to him to pay up his contract. 

Agreed. Like I say why would he walk? It seems he can limp from one bottled performance / disaster to another without repercussions. We can’t really blaming him for milking it as long as he can 

2 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Of course he isn’t going to walk away though, why would he ? He’s being well paid for doing an average ( being generous ) job. Luckiest bloke on the planet 

Did he or did he not say on camera that if he lost the fans then he would go, he waffled something about a triangle and that it wasn't about money.

2 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

Throughout his time here, there has always been excuses for his inconsistency and underachievement.

He needs Hooper back. He needs FF back. We miss Hutch. Loovens is key. Etc, etc, etc.

Forget the excuses, he's just not a very good manager. 

Very fair!! He’s got an almost fully fit squad with the exception of one or two, who let’s be honest...haven’t featured much any way!! 

His excuses have now turned from injuries to the officials...he’s clutching at straws!! 

Carlos has to go and go with some pride, after the game against the others, he said the past is in the past and we look to the future and then came the 20 pound fiasco but here he is looking to the past Leeds game to suit his argument so is the man losing it or what, why look to the past now and if so please tell us why we've played so poorly in the 3 quarter games of the season so far 

One of our major problems is we never pick up the second ball and I mean never.

The perfect formation is a 352 with wing backs hugging the touch line dragging players across to them making more space in the centre for our 3 man centre mid. 2 marking centre half’s with a spare man to drop off and pick up the loose ball, 3 in centre mid with either Jones or Hutch as a holding mid giving both Bannan and Lee the opportunity to move further upfield and pick up anything loose from the front two. It is infuriating that I can see this and it’s what’s needed but Carlos can’t. 442 is a dying formation.