So Much For Being A Man Of His Word

21 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

Did he or did he not say on camera that if he lost the fans then he would go, he waffled something about a triangle and that it wasn't about money.

I haven’t listened to him since the hull defeat mate. I’ve never found him waffling about potatoes and 20 quid notes remotely appealing ! Wouldn’t surprise me though, didn’t he also say he was getting us promoted this season :nuhiu:

25 minutes ago, Hawkinsfootballboots said:

One of our major problems is we never pick up the second ball and I mean never.

We don't even try, that's why

Agree re 3-5-2 too

18 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

We don't even try, that's why

Agree re 3-5-2 too

Surely this is due to lack of motivational skills from the Manager.

It's ok to keep heaping praise on the players, even when it's not deserved, but that doesn't work all the time and advantages are taken by the players.

Motivation is by the carrot and the stick, but I don't think CC has kicked many asses.

2 minutes ago, dumboldowl said:

Surely this is due to lack of motivational skills from the Manager.

I'd argue it's more to do with not believing they will win them or having the bottle and think they'll see enough of the ball anyway.

Whether it's manager instruction or lack of bottle from the players is anybody's guess

It was finely balanced in the summer, but I thought stability was needed and that we had the opportunity to kick on and change a few minor things. We’ve done neither.

Whats worse is that I don’t think the league is as stretched this year in terms of clear quality. The teams who have been up for the fight are the ones at the top, the idea that footballing quality will shine through seemingly doesn’t apply this year when you look at the table. It’s about earning the right for the points and we haven’t done that enough.

Carlos is talking about working on things but he has worked on them for two to three years and we are still unable to deal with the worst sides in the division. He is an underdog manager and would probably get the likes of Brentford promoted, but as soon as we are expected to show up, his teams don’t.

6 hours ago, Blue and white said:

Have your say Under-fire head coach Carlos Carvalhal remains confident he can get Wednesday’s fans back on side this season. Some of Wednesday’s 4,700 plus travelling fans were heard chanting ‘We Want Carlos Out’ in the dying embers of Saturday’s 2-1 loss at bottom-of-the-table Bolton Wanderers. Owls head coach Carlos Carvalhal.....Pic Steve Ellis The pressure is mounting on Carvalhal following three defeats in their last four outings. The result leaves them 12th in the Championship standings, a whopping eight points adrift of the second automatic promotion berth after 12 matches. But the Portuguese head coach, who has led the Owls to back-to-back play-off finishes, is sure he can turn things around. He said: “If we can win some games in a row and come back with good performances, I’m absolutely sure the fans will follow us. “But we must do our work. We can’t lose games and expect the fans to be happy. “The fans are unhappy and they have reasons to be unhappy. I agree with them because I am unhappy.“But we are not far from the first positions. It is a very hard competition and all teams are losing points. We still believe we can achieve promotion this season.” Carvalhal insists he does not fear the sack and has vowed to address their patchy form.“I must do my work,” he said. “I do the best that I can. “We didn’t play a good game against Bolton but a few weeks ago we put in one of our best performances since I arrived at Sheffield Wednesday.“My staff and I work hard. After Leeds almost everything was perfect and good. When we lose one game, everything is wrong. “I believe there is a middle between the things. We were not so fantastic against Leeds but we were not garbage against Bolton.“We have to win points in a hard competition. I will prepare the team for Derby to try to win the game next week.“We put in a good performance against Leeds and scored three goals which made us believe we could do that more often.“But I agree with the critics who say we must be more consistent. We can’t play like we did against Leeds one week and then not play at the same level the next week. We must correct things and do better. We are missing some consistency.”Michael Gray, the ex-Owls defender turned media pundit, hopes Carvalhal is given more time to rectify their results. “I still think you’ve got to be patient with him,” said Gray on Football on 5. “A couple more wins gets them back up to where they should be and if they can get back into the play-offs, who knows? They’ve got every chance.”

Read more at: http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/video-under-fire-carvalhal-vows-to-win-over-sheffield-wednesday-fans-again-1-8806138

Did he not say he would walk if the fans turned against him and yet here he is telling anyone who will listen that he will turn this around and get the fans back on his side.

Man up FFS and leave with whats left of your pride.

The fans haven't turned though

Not yet

Not in any great number

Just a more vocal minority

Owlstalk Shop

Football has moved on, but we are trying to play the game it was 10 years ago, just like England.

The game is faster now, more teams are used to playing against teams that retain possession, it is easy to defend against.

Kickaball does not seem able of grasping that.

1 hour ago, Blue and white said:

Did he or did he not say on camera that if he lost the fans then he would go, he waffled something about a triangle and that it wasn't about money.

Yes he did,

im hoping someone like Dom Howson will ask him about this.

The fans have turned now,even apart from the carlos out chants the atmosphere even at away games now is awful. 

1 hour ago, Almat said:

Agreed. And there's nothing in his managerial CV to suggest he has 'previous' for turning things around when they get this bad. 

Other than the ONLY yardstick we can all judge him on... 

6th - 2015/16

4th - 2016/17

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The fans haven't turned though

Not yet

Not in any great number

Just a more vocal minority

Give it another weekend.

We all know how things turn out when we play at Derby.

He’s lucky that his chairman seems as equally lost on what the next move should be.

I believe he will go when the fans have turned on him, but unfortunately they all haven't yet. I joined in with the Carlos out chants Saturday and felt like I was in a minority, getting told to **** off numerous times and being questioned if I actually support the club. There are still a lot of Carlos in fans who attend the matches, otherwise there would have been a lot more people chanting Carlos out on the upper tier. So yeah, im not surprised that he hasn't walked, because not everyone was wanting him out on Saturday.

I don't blame him for not walking. Will know if he hangs on for a couple more weeks and the club do say enough is enough he will get a good pay off. No one will walk away from a £20k pw job lightly.

No matter what the result v Derby if still in charge has to beat both Barnsley and Millwall at home otherwise fans patience could snap.

24 minutes ago, ramone said:

Other than the ONLY yardstick we can all judge him on... 

2015/16 - 6th

2016/17 - 4th

21 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Failing both times is how I judge him .

I think I"m starting to see the real issue here

It's not a great manager delivering year on year improvements, but the number of fans who dont' want to see that because they just want the same old tired 'big sam' kind of manager that they believe could beat what Carlos is achieving.

Owlstalk Shop

24 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Failing both times is how I judge him . Watching us ship 4 goals to it rivals and 5 in 2 matches to Bolton . That's a better gauge of where we are at 

Different horses for different courses I suppose. 

Frankly, i'll take this over getting walloped at Stevenage and drawing at home against a Yeovil team with 9 men. 

We're having a sticky spell. Every club has them. Unlike most teams, we're showing a manager that has given his all, that is a popular person within the dressing room and one thats done well for us a chance to turn it around. I'm so proud of that. 

The mans a victim of his own success and it makes me sick and ashamed to see some of the things written by so called supporters. Its quite frankly disgusting. 

• Like 1