Social Media Embarrassment

1 hour ago, rob1601 said:

Twitter is an absolute mess for this type of stuff on every subject going

Should have seen comments on Ryanair twitter account last week when they were cancelling flights. 

No way would I be able to control myself running owt like that. 

My desire for Carlos to leave increases month by month, but I have nothing but respect for the effort he puts into the role. 

He does not deserve bile from fans. Nothing wrong with reasoned and strong argument that his time is up, but abuse is undeserved.

Moreover, its DC keeping him in the job, not Carlos himself. Only the most principled manager in history or an imbecile would walk away.

Guest mrbluesky
2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

This is what I was saying the other day when someone tried to suggest that Owlstalk was dictating the toxicity of the fanbase

I just pointed to Facebook and Twitter and then mentioned that Owlstalk is way more thoughtful and calm than the madness on the other platforms

F*ck off!lol

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

This is what I was saying the other day when someone tried to suggest that Owlstalk was dictating the toxicity of the fanbase

I just pointed to Facebook and Twitter and then mentioned that Owlstalk is way more thoughtful and calm than the madness on the other platforms

I posted owlstalk was toxic but I never been on Facebook or Twitter so may I be excused 

29 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

I posted owlstalk was toxic but I never been on Facebook or Twitter so may I be excused 

I wouldn't sign up.to either atm.

Its made me realise what a lovely bunch we are on here :ghoulguy:

Guest kelliesleftnut
38 minutes ago, modboy said:

Direct social media attacks aren't acceptable.

Owlstalk however is a private fans forum where reasoned debate should, and is encouraged (by most) and certainly shouldn't be read by players etc 

Not sure about the private bit, I read OT for years before signing up.

And I dare bet that some of the players have a read especially after a win. Its human nature.

I'm really not convinced by Carlos and think it could be the end of the road for him but he's a good bloke doing what he believes is right. We've laughed with him and enjoyed the good moments.

Nobody should be giving him stick regardless of how the team is playing.

Nothing wrong with wanting him to go but until he does he still deserves respect.

I don't get why people act so crazy on Twitter.

Guest kelliesleftnut
3 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

The fans are creating negativity.  I don't see 3 defeats in 10 games as 'garbage'.   For most of the last 20 years, we'd actually call this a good start.

Bet you daren't post that on facebook :laugh: