Social Media Embarrassment

48 minutes ago, Copthorneowl said:

Why does anybody feel the need to be on these social media sites get yourself out and about instead of sat  at a keyboard....oops.

Speak for yourself.

I post on my iPhone whilst at the ballet, museum, gym, choir practice, Samaritans (volunteer), climbing a mountain, running a marathon, and between stages of a triathlon.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

Seriously, just look at the replies on twitter to the SWFC page to Carlos's interview. 

Its starting to make me feel ashamed and I don't see an end to it. Even if CC goes I think it won't be long before a new man gets it if things don't turn our way immediately. 

Just scores of people saying 'f*ck off' and abusing. 

Anyone else feeling the same? 

It's scandalous ... and those same trolls will be glorying in the success when he does

turn the season around like the last 10 games of last season.

25 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

The fans are creating negativity.  I don't see 3 defeats in 10 games as 'garbage'.   For most of the last 20 years, we'd actually call this a good start.

Brings me back to the whole point of supporting your team, easy to do when you're winning 3-1 every week.

We the supporters have a part to play when things don't go so well, particularly now it's so easy to vent your spleen online.

Easiest thing ever just to start slagging players off but, I don't care how thick skinned they think they are, it will negatively impact their mentality over time ... Leading to lower confidence and poorer form.

No doubt I'll get battered as a clapster but for me it's about having a club we can be proud to properly support.

• Like 2

Guest Copthorneowl
21 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Speak for yourself.

I post on my iPhone whilst at the ballet, museum, gym, choir practice, Samaritans (volunteer), climbing a mountain, running a marathon, and between stages of a triathlon.

Hope your sandwiches aren't in your pocket at the ballet and........what's an iPhone!!!!!

Edited by Copthorneowl

15 minutes ago, Rhubarb n Custard said:

Brings me back to the whole point of supporting your team, easy to do when you're winning 3-1 every week.

We the supporters have a part to play when things don't go so well, particularly now it's so easy to vent your spleen online.

Easiest thing ever just to start slagging players off but, I don't care how thick skinned they think they are, it will negatively impact their mentality over time ... Leading to lower confidence and poorer form.

No doubt I'll get battered as a clapster but for me it's about having a club we can be proud to properly support.

Cracking post R and C ... and what a refreshing change.  UTO.   ICWT   WAWAA

• Thanks 1

Guest Copthorneowl
54 minutes ago, Rhubarb n Custard said:

Spot on just the same as booing....nobody on the end of a boo ever felt better, got better or played better people that boo do it to help how they think and feel with no regard for ..............etc. etc.

Our fans are an embarrassment on social media 90% of the time. 

The last 18 months for example, 

Trolling of Dunk n Knockaert after we beat Brighton in playoffs.

Trolling of Hull City for not selling Wembley allocation.

Forestieri's wife getting a load of grief for her husbands actions.

DC's 11 year old son copping for it.

Fulham getting grief for losing in the playoffs.

Leeds for dropping out of the playoffs last season. 

It's absolutely patheticc and most of the time they are made to look complete fools anyway. Brighton and Hull getting promoted for example. 

Social media has given players a platform to communicate with fans and any player must be prepared to take the rough with the smooth or like some have done, make your profile private for friends and family and avoid the whole thing.