When do we write off the season?

4 hours ago, owlsdreamer said:

Way i feel at the minute i wish i could go find something else to do on match days but alas its been in my blood all my life and can't change the habits of a lifetime.

I feel your pain, trying to discourage my 15 year old from getting so wrapped up in it. I'm failing miserably, it's in the blood, I've consigned him to a life of frustration.

9 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

This time over the last three seasons we were never going to get to the play offs and Carlos would be gone according to OT..how did that pan out ?

still in same league?

I so like Carlos and think every fan wants him to be the one who takes us back to the PL

4 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

Personally, I think it was written off before a ball was kicked this season.

The manner of the defeat against Huddersfield has left an indelible mark.

Each season is built on the shoulders of the one before. There's a cumulative effect.

That explains why the Blades are doing well...and we're not.

Few managers could survive two consecutive play-off defeats, simply because of the psychological damage it has done.

Excellent post. That's exactly where the scar tissue formed. 

4 hours ago, mark1948 said:

Look how Barnsley started last season only to sell their best and drop down the league. Ipswich always start well and end up mid table. I really do think that we will turn this around. Chin up. Post something positive it will make you feel better if nothing else.

I admire, and respect, your positivity. 

I firmly believe that we will not turn this around. Under Carlos. Sadly. 

1 minute ago, lukestheman82 said:

Exactly, not saying he would sell, but maybe stop investing at the level he has been doing.

Hes in too deep Luke.

Even if he puts the slammer on transfers and wages...the club is hemorrhaging money.

The ground is worth between 3-6 million.

The squad about 25.

That's modern football.

6 minutes ago, rob chester said:

I have written it off now whoever is in charge big problems we have we bundled the play offs last season this season top 10 is the best we can hope for unless Loovens and Hutch are back quick Lee find his form and Hooper gets a different partner,thats if we stay in touch with the playoffs till Jan and somehow recruit someone with pace and a Jota type player

you've written off every team we've had since you started posting on here...you've been one of the only constants on here...no change then lol 

5 hours ago, lukestheman82 said:

I fear you may be right. 

How long does a non footballing man carry on funding his new toy that isnt much fun anymore?

And when he realises he isn't anywhere near getting the 170 million windfall he thought he would. Time to cut his losses

I honestly don't think he can live up to our expectations, yesterday should have been a full blooded response after the hurt of sunday, it was a whimper of a response, maybe the best we could give and its far from good enough, change now or fits and starts through the season finishing mid table at best

I think it's far too early to write the season off at this time but this is on the understanding that there will be a change in approach and direction. Is Carlos the person to do this? No, so unless there is a change its going to make turning this season around more about luck than actual change or a well executed plan.