When do we write off the season?

We just keep going,can you write us off.

Confidence has taken a massive knock from the performance against the scrubbers,but its not only us that got a suprise,theyve shocked a few,untill the rest work there system out,maybe we should ask the Walsall manager,they stuffed the scrubbers twice last season,and they needed extra time to do them in the cardboard cup tie WTF:

We need to go into the upcomming break with a morale boosting win,and get back on the training ground

6 minutes ago, nethertonowl said:

Oh so because I signed up in August 2011 , you know off heart what I have posted and thought in the last two season , without even looking, and with no fact to back it up. 

But yes , I will stand up as you put it and if Carlos takes us up , I will happily give £50 , 

10 minutes ago, nethertonowl said:

But we keep being told its progress, year on year  so if your right the ask from here on in, the ask  will be much greater than in any previous year yes?

Yes you are right...sorry for the confusion about your posts...but the point I'm making is that the same questions were being asked over the last two seasons with people writing us , and Carlos, off for the play offs in September...how wrong could they have been...so progress again will at least see us with a chance of the play offs...who knows we might not win a play off game...and go through like Huddersfield...all those who surrender arms in September need to to take a look at what we have done despite all the odds and the backsniping on here which in the great scheme of things counts for nothing

I am not one to slag managers off, and acknowledge they need time, stability normally pays dividends. My concern is that all the things which Carlos has felt the need to defend himself on, ( Strongman in midfield, Pace, more flexible formations) , are the very essentials seen and valued by every manager in the premier league, where Carlos says he will take us.

Secondly after poor starts to the last two seasons, what possible excuse can he have for us being undercooked this season.

7 points from our first three games should have been straightforward, We got two. Had we made a better start, this pressure would be far less intense.    

Guest The Horse

I think Carlos has done all he can with us but it doesn't matter who is in charge, there's no fat lady singing yet.

In fact, if the season was a condensed lifetime of said fat lady, she wouldn't even be fat yet. She'd still be a skinny teenage lass auditioning for X-Factor.

Plenty of life left in this season yet.

2 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

How did thirty thousand cheering Owls get us beat in the Derby?

You're posts don't make sense.

How could it be the 30K cheering? It was the gobby handfulls of fans as always shouting out at players every time they did something wrong I heard them others have commented on it too. You dont expect that kind of encouragement from your own fans ever, nevermind in a derby game.

7 minutes ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

How could it be the 30K cheering? It was the gobby handfulls of fans as always shouting out at players every time they did something wrong I heard them others have commented on it too. You dont expect that kind of encouragement from your own fans ever, nevermind in a derby game.

You've lost me now.

It was a few gobby fans that lost us the game?

This is what worries me most...

If we change the manager and the new incumbent needs new players (i.e. can't turn it around straight away) then we possibly wont just be writing this season off but also the next one or two.

With an aging squad, average Championship players now costing a fortune and with us close to FFP it's going to be a big task to rebuild.  Most likely to mean us selling some off our 'assets'. 

10 hours ago, darklord said:

Too soon?

In a word? Yeah.

Relax. 

Am I pissed that we seem to have cocked it all up? Yes. 

Do I feel like we can turn it around? Yeah.

Do I miss League One? A little, yeah. 

But I think we'll get it sorted. 

Sadly, to me anyway,  we may not have Carlos around for much longer though. 

We've got a good squad so no matter who we may end up with we should be fine. 

3 hours ago, pachyderm said:

In a word? Yeah.

Relax. 

Am I pissed that we seem to have cocked it all up? Yes. 

Do I feel like we can turn it around? Yeah.

Do I miss League One? A little, yeah. 

But I think we'll get it sorted. 

Sadly, to me anyway,  we may not have Carlos around for much longer though. 

We've got a good squad so no matter who we may end up with we should be fine. 

I'll miss the Championship (once we go up), but I will never miss that ploddy , sloppy union of shinbusters and pub triers called League One.

An absolute cesspool.  Easy to fall into, hard as roger to crawl back out.

It's still far too early to judge or write off an attempt at promotion, whether that is autos or via the playoffs this season.  

Still plenty of games ahead us, but we do need to start getting those three points back on the board, starting with leeds on Sunday.