When do we write off the season?

Too soon?

If carlos does stay can he pull it around? If we bring in someone else will they hit the ground running or do we think we are already too far behind the pace now to do anything this season?

Long way to go of course but its getting harder each game to see us doing anything this season.

7 minutes ago, darklord said:

Too soon?

If carlos does stay can he pull it around? If we bring in someone else will they hit the ground running or do we think we are already too far behind the pace now to do anything this season?

Long way to go of course but its getting harder each game to see us doing anything this season.

Now unless CC goes

Who was the poster who completed the really detailed analysis, breaking the season down into chunks of three?

We're honestly not that far off writing it off.  Ten games is normally a decent indication of where you will be.  Fifteen games and it becomes very difficult to turn around.  Put it this way, if we are 12th-16th after fifteen games, we will need top-two form to get anywhere for the remaining thirty-one games.  Honestly, under Carlos, ask yourself if you think that will happen?

21 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

I think we're done and that this is only the very start of our problems. I hope I'm wrong but I doubt it

I fear you may be right. 

How long does a non footballing man carry on funding his new toy that isnt much fun anymore?

Edited by lukestheman82
Cack spelling

1 hour ago, darklord said:

Too soon?

We write off the season a little more each game this obstinate clown is still in charge.

To say we are only 10 games or so into this season, its turning into a massive car crash.

Just wish the guy would just *** off back to Portugal or wherever is next victim is.

Would have the Ginger one back in a heartbeat.

Edited by owlsdreamer

There was a post last season that broke the season down into three sections of 15, 15 and 16 games. It showed that teams with less than 20 points after the first 15 games were unlikely to get promoted. so the season has a long way to go. If we were to go and win five in a row we would be on 28 points for the first 15 well on target for automatic never mind the playoffs. Last season we had a dismal run where the consensus on here was that we would miss the playoffs we then won the next 5 in a row. A win on Sunday can restore our confidence.

Get behind the lads. One thing for sure is if you don't get behind them and get on their back confidence will evaporate.

• Like 1

Personally, I think it was written off before a ball was kicked this season.

The manner of the defeat against Huddersfield has left an indelible mark.

Each season is built on the shoulders of the one before. There's a cumulative effect.

That explains why the Blades are doing well...and we're not.

Few managers could survive two consecutive play-off defeats, simply because of the psychological damage it has done.

13 minutes ago, pgmetcalf said:

Asked the very question on here this morning and have been asking myself over the last few weeks. I suspect when we can't mathematically make the play offs, but will DC wait that long. The pigs are desperate for us to sack him

The pigs will definitely want us to keep him.

Same as we would if they were struggling

Nothing can revitalise a like season than a new manager coming in