Joost

14 minutes ago, Bodhidharma said:

It's just an opinion.

He pinged a few nice balls out to wallace which is a good thing to have in our locker. Just sometimes i thought we looked shaky compared to Lees/ Loovens.

I think that's a fair summary.

But certainly he has bags of potential.

We seem to be chipping our corners mega-high, perhaps in the hope that he will get on the end of them as he towers over most players, and has an excellent leap.

Must immediately cut those lunges out though. Penalties, dangerous and free kicks beckon if it continues.

6 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

I think that's a fair summary.

But certainly he has bags of potential.

We seem to be chipping our corners mega-high, perhaps in the hope that he will get on the end of them as he towers over most players, and has an excellent leap.

Must immediately cut those lunges out though. Penalties, dangerous and free kicks beckon if it continues.

Any chance of a brief summary of the game? Sorry to be a pain.

25 minutes ago, vulva said:

I was a bit critical on Saturday as I thought the goal was his fault. However, over the 2 games he's done very well, and looks a good prospect. I can also see him scoring a few from corners The big issue is that £4m does not buy you an awful lot of footballer these days.  

True. But I think in time just like we are starting to with Reach. We will look up on it as money well spent.

34 minutes ago, Bodhidharma said:

Was the first chance for me to have a look at him tonight.

Ok he looks a good long passer, but he wasn't as assured as i was expecting after all the praise on sat..

Still got some developing to do. And I'm not sure if this was his fault or just the defensive line, but they sprung our offside trap time and again.

Maybe he was better on sat but on that performance he doesn't look prem class just yet.

He played OK, still got to get used to the pace of the Championship being different to what he is used to and how his team mates play. He dived in a couple of times in both games but I am sure this is something that will be worked on in training. Being able to defend is obviously the priority but the way he can travel with and pass the ball is a big plus.

The fact they sprung our defensive line was as much to do with the completely inept lino on the south side as anything else.

Edited by Guest

36 minutes ago, Bodhidharma said:

Ok he looks a good long passer, but he wasn't as assured as i was expecting after all the praise on sat..

Still got some developing to do. And I'm not sure if this was his fault or just the defensive line, but they sprung our offside trap time and again.

Maybe he was better on sat but on that performance he doesn't look prem class just yet.

I looked at saturdays highlights again and you're right...he is good but couldn't help notice the ball watching/offside being sprung.

51 minutes ago, Bodhidharma said:

The offside trap part of your post is rubbish, i'm not sure either linesman knew the offside rulelol

Like i said last game he is OK. Nothing more. The way people were banging on Saturday you would think he was the next Dutch class defender in waiting. He's never going to be capped, put it that way. But for us in this league he's OK.

Same as last game, his positioning is not great. He regularly gets caught a yard off his man and occasionally on the wrong side, which I said on Saturday better teams will capitalise on and tonight Brentford seemed capable of doing so. The top, top teams would tear holes in him at present but he will learn and grow.

I hope tonight has dampened down expectations on the poor lad and will let him develop and make mistakes and learn without half the people on here thinking he is the messiah.