Joost

Was the first chance for me to have a look at him tonight.

Ok he looks a good long passer, but he wasn't as assured as i was expecting after all the praise on sat..

Still got some developing to do. And I'm not sure if this was his fault or just the defensive line, but they sprung our offside trap time and again.

Maybe he was better on sat but on that performance he doesn't look prem class just yet.

2 minutes ago, Bodhidharma said:

Ok he looks a good long passer, but he wasn't as assured as i was expecting after all the praise on sat..

Still got some developing to do. And I'm not sure if this was his fault or just the defensive line, but they sprung our offside trap time and again.

Maybe he was better on sat but on that performance he doesn't look prem class just yet.

I was a bit critical on Saturday as I thought the goal was his fault. However, over the 2 games he's done very well, and looks a good prospect. I can also see him scoring a few from corners The big issue is that £4m does not buy you an awful lot of footballer these days.  

Thought he did well again today tbf.

Liked the way he stepped out with the ball and played some good passes, especially second half.

Won a few important headers too.

I think his "diving in" is a slight issue, but overall he is a good player with bags of potential. How old is he?

4 minutes ago, Bodhidharma said:

I'm sure he's glad you've cast your expert eye over him .

• Haha 2

Just now, Owl999 said:

I'm sure he's glad you've cast your expert eye over him .

It's just an opinion.

He pinged a few nice balls out to wallace which is a good thing to have in our locker. Just sometimes i thought we looked shaky compared to Lees/ Loovens.

1 minute ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

He has played two games ffs.

Will get better as he gets used to the league

Yep, people just need to remember Evra's debut in English football to realise that sometimes foreign players need time to adjust to the pace of our game before becoming a great player.  

7 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

Not as good as Saturday but very good on the ball and distribution gives us something extra

Just dives in a bit too soon on tackles for me so could be liable for giving away silly free kicks 

So far so good though

I think their goal resulted from us not clearing lines ultimately from one of those very free kicks. He needs to be as calm in the tackle as he is on the ball to avoid being Joost Van Stones 

It's far less easy to play in the rain.   It's an excuse yes, but it didn't help.

Also we did face a team more willing and able to attack, and Brentford were hard to get possession off, because they retained the ball very well.

It was a different kind of test and he didn't do shabby.