George Hirst Off!!

2 minutes ago, mark77 said:

Offer him a deal and loan him out...

We clearly have, if he won't sign I don't know what you want the club to do? We have to get the biggest return possible on him.

This was spoken about at the fans forum. One vocal guy insisting he should be playing now.

It was pointed out to him 6/7 senior players are in front of him. Chansiri himself was forced to tell him that playing Hirst would mean the likes of Hooper, Fletcher, Rhodes or FF dropping out. How would they feel being told "you're not playing today because we are playing a 17 year old who was made one substitute senior appearance in his career. The fact you are an international striker or have scored 100s of league goals is irrelevant. Not going to happen.

I get that. So if the issue is game time which i understand and we have offered him that via a loan why hasnt he signed a new deal?

Just now, billyblack said:

I get that. So if the issue is game time which i understand and we have offered him that via a loan why hasnt he signed a new deal?

Because he can go to a Prem club, get the same loan deal, and be paid twice as much!

2 minutes ago, mark77 said:

Of course it's about money!! Why do you think he wants to leave? He'll be paid more in a Premier League academy than we could ever offer.

Really. So i go back to a previous question. How much does a 17 year old player get these days?

Just now, billyblack said:

Again. How much is that?

I've no idea, but logic suggets that a Premier League club will pay a 17 year old future prospect more than a Championship club. Just like a Premier League first team player will get more than a Championship first team player.

We can't be throwing silly money at a 17 year old who isn't going to feature for us at first team level for the forseable future. 

I'd imagine that we've offered him a good deal (very good infact) but it won't be as good as Everton or Leicester for example.

No one knows the facts. I'm just using common sense and logic.

Startling to think a young player with 2 professional appearances would be Notts County's highest earner if they took him on loan now - before he even signs a new deal. 

We won't see Hirst in a Wednesday shirt again,  certainly not for the first team. 

It's a shame, but not really a surprise considering the shambolic way the club has been run in this calendar year especially, and the greed of the player and his representatives. 

1 minute ago, mark77 said:

I've no idea, but logic suggets that a Premier League club will pay a 17 year old future prospect more than a Championship club. Just like a Premier League first team player will get more than a Championship first team player.

We can't be throwing silly money at a 17 year old who isn't going to feature for us at first team level for the forseable future. 

I'd imagine that we've offered him a good deal (very good infact) but it won't be as good as Everton or Leicester for example.

No one knows the facts. I'm just using common sense and logic.

We could pay it, we just wont. There is a difference. Id be surprised if its more than 4k a week. Lets see what happens and if he moves and then see if we could have matched it or not.

4 minutes ago, lincolnowl said:

Startling to think a young player with 2 professional appearances would be Notts County's highest earner if they took him on loan now - before he even signs a new deal. 

We won't see Hirst in a Wednesday shirt again,  certainly not for the first team. 

It's a shame, but not really a surprise considering the shambolic way the club has been run in this calendar year especially, and the greed of the player and his representatives. 

I think your opening paragraph sums it up, IF Hirst would be the highest paid player at Notts County before he's even signed a new deal, then the club are in a difficult situation and its not surprising that they are struggling to tie down a player with potential BUT with limited professional experience. 

Edited by AwokenGiant

5 minutes ago, lincolnowl said:

You said it there. What do you want us to do?

4 hours ago, thewookieisdown said:

Well. Simply speculating that if David is influential here (none of us know whether he is) then he is likely to draw from his own experience.

It's not just one youth set up for another.  Most people able to sell their skills in the labour market will at the very least look at the highest paying employer. If big premier league clubs are involved that isn't us

Let's hope that experience he draws on extends to telling Hirst junior to stay away from the pubs (mind you Josephine's shut years ago)lol

• Haha 1

I don't blame him and his advisors one bit for "greed". If he can get a contract with a big club it's hard to blame him for taking it. (If. All the discussion here is purely speculative).  Also, he would be irrational to feel differently about us than he would to a clun such as Derby or Villa were he on their books. Also, we would be irrational to value him any more or less for his parentage.

49 minutes ago, billyblack said:

We could pay it, we just wont. There is a difference. Id be surprised if its more than 4k a week. Lets see what happens and if he moves and then see if we could have matched it or not.

What if the wage is £6,000 or £12,000 or even £20,000? Where would you draw the line?

52 minutes ago, billyblack said:

To give you some idea of how far off you are, the majority of promising 18 year olds at Prem academies earn 5 figure salaries a week

7 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

To give you some idea of how far off you are, the majority of promising 18 year olds at Prem academies earn 5 figure salaries a week

Ok. Lets see what the deal transpires out to be. I seriously doubt all under 18 academy players are on 10k plus a week

Not sure how it all works, but wouldn't sending Hirst go out on loan to club where he would get some senior football, possibly scoring few goals entitle us to higher fee in case we had to go to tribunal ?

If nothing else Hirst's case will highlight some serious problems regarding development of youngvplayers at SWFC.

Wouldn't be surprised if more young players we want to keep here would leave at the end of the season.

12 minutes ago, Walt said:

What if the wage is £6,000 or £12,000 or even £20,000? Where would you draw the line?

Depends how much we value his possible future worth. I woukd suggets he needs some regular first team action to get a decent assessment. Everton ans Leicester obviously think he is worth a punt. Perhaps he isnt as good as they think because we see him everyday. The point is we could match. If anyone offers him 10k or 15k a week at 17 based on not a lot then fair enough. Lets see what deal is eventually got.

Sigh. I've been resigned to the fact that I'll never see this lad play for us for a while.

I don't blame the club, or him, it's just modern footballl.

But the next tine you sit down and enjoy the champions league, remind yourself that supporting this cartel of multi national conglomerates is partly the reason why we lost him.

Just now, NYCOWL said:

Sigh. I've been resigned to the fact that I'll never see this lad play for us for a while.

I don't blame the club, or him, it's just modern footballl.

But the next tine you sit down and enjoy the champions league, remind yourself that supporting this cartel of multi national conglomerates is partly the reason why we lost him.

I dont watch champions league for that very reason