George Hirst Off!!

Off SSN.

'LEICESTER MAKE HIRST BID’

Leicester City have submitted a £2m bid for Sheffield Wednesday teenager George Hirst, according to the Daily Mirror.

Leeds are also reportedly interested in the England U20 star.

1 minute ago, Mickjj said:

Off SSN.

'LEICESTER MAKE HIRST BID’

Leicester City have submitted a £2m bid for Sheffield Wednesday teenager George Hirst, according to the Daily Mirror.

Leeds are also reportedly interested in the England U20 star.

Leicester - fine.
LEEDS?!

Sick to death of sideways or inferior clubs (or in Leeds case squads) being linked with our players. Just why would they?

43 minutes ago, Walt said:

Yes that's fine and I agree with it but earlier in the thread you were saying we should simply offer what the bigger boys were willing to pay. I have no idea as to his worth, for all know he could be worth £25,000 per week or he could be worth £1000. 

Again (not meant to sound sarcastic) what figure would you draw the line at?

Well if they are offering 50k a week like further down the thread then its irrelevant. I had no idea that an 18 year old kid who cant get a game in the championship would be worth 50k a week. Id say my version of what people are worth these days is all wrong

6 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

Leicester - fine.
LEEDS?!

Sick to death of sideways or inferior clubs (or in Leeds case squads) being linked with our players. Just why would they?

Leeds can probably offer him decent chance of first team football, and have record of promoting young players to back it up.

7 minutes ago, malek said:

Leeds can probably offer him decent chance of first team football, and have record of promoting young players to back it up.

We could do that if someone grew a pair. Get him on the bench, if he is good enough. We may be two forwards lighter this week

35 minutes ago, childzy said:

I would honestly sell him. The lads seems more hassle than he is worth. Take 3 million and a good sell on clause. Good business.

Why would any club agree to that ?

He's got a year left on his contract. If thing gets to tribunal, considering how many professional games he played, and scored in we won't get anywhere near that much.

2 hours ago, thewookieisdown said:

I don't blame him and his advisors one bit for "greed". If he can get a contract with a big club it's hard to blame him for taking it. (If. All the discussion here is purely speculative).  Also, he would be irrational to feel differently about us than he would to a clun such as Derby or Villa were he on their books. Also, we would be irrational to value him any more or less for his parentage.

It a good job he's not related to Tom Ince then wookie? he'd be on his 8th club by now (now there's a man that makes me cringe) that is Paul Ince........

Much of my love for our greatest Striker of the last 30 plus years we all know his dad will guide him to get the best future with a very successful set up 

Truth is that is looking  unlikeliest at S6

1 hour ago, malek said:

Why would any club agree to that ?

He's got a year left on his contract. If thing gets to tribunal, considering how many professional games he played, and scored in we won't get anywhere near that much.

Exactly we won't get near that much

6 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Would you rather:

earn 5 grand a week and go on loan

earn 20 grand a week and go on loan

?

thats really the crux of it

Yeah its a no brainer. I had no idea that an 18 year old could earn that much without actually playing a competitive game though.

14 minutes ago, heppers said:

I think we are a bit of a shambles.

This Hirst saga and the Rhodes saga. How have we got ourselves in this situation?

I suppose the story of how we got into the 'Hirst saga' is one of mismanagement which left us unable to match the kind of wages that Premiership clubs can pay to untested teenagers.  It's quite a long story spanning about 15 years and I can't be arsed to go into the detail.

Edited by Sonny
  • Haha 1