Bannan

4 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Unfortunately that was enough money to buy Stevie May and leave a little spare to upgrade the underwater phone.

lol

The underwater phone! 

You see...when we didn't have ten bob to rub together we found our own entertainment!

1 minute ago, Lord Snooty said:

The underwater phone! 

You see...when we didn't have ten bob to rub together we found our own entertainment!

Exactly and the best thing on here was the movie poster threads.

Now it's all 5 million for this and 10 million that.

booooo!

lol

I didn't have an issue with Bannan last season, I think he struggled early doors being played defensive holding midfield which anyone can tell you isn't his forte. He can't screen a defence and I think he lost a bit of confidence and momentum coupled with an injury.

I think the Leeds away game when he was benched showed that we missed him. Every player has their price but unless they paid well over the odds and gave us 10m plus it wouldn't be prudent to sell a player we couldn't replace immediately and hamstring ourselves for the season. Especially given that we want another midfielder anyway and that we have a lot of injuries in this area.

5 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Exactly and the best thing on here was the movie poster threads.

Now it's all 5 million for this and 10 million that.

booooo!

lol

The intermittent return of the movie thread and Ryans Graph threads are probably the two reasons why I keep coming back here!

I'll say one more thing for Bannan.

Even when he wasn't at his best last season he was still demanding the ball. He didn't go into hiding. The passes weren't coming off. 

The groans about Hollywood passes echoed around. But he still kept trying things. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

I'll say one more thing for Bannan.

Even when he wasn't at his best last season he was still demanding the ball. He didn't go into hiding. The passes weren't coming off. 

The groans about Hollywood passes echoed around. But he still kept trying things. 

I blame the players for not latching on to them Hollywood balls. 

Unless we get serious premiership interest in Bannan then it ain't even worth worrying about him going.

4 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

I blame the players for not latching on to them Hollywood balls. 

Unless we get serious premiership interest in Bannan then it ain't even worth worrying about him going.

One other factor is...I think he actually enjoys playing for us.

Was meant to be carrying an injury last season n still covered more ground than 2 abdis could now lol, agree that at leeds when benched for abdi their average midfield had enough time to gain upper hand, like we were half a man down.

Very underated due to intelligence, teamwork, stamina and technique.

How he walked away from his bad tackle at bolton shows he is a leader not just by example too.

If he could shoot consistently could easily score 10+ a season and maybe play in prem.

Wouldnt consider under 15m these days unless similar available for 5-8m with rest used for another box to box cm which this stage of window is unlikely

Don't see Bannan leaving at all even if there was a big bid for him. Carlos and Chansiri won't want to sell him and the player loves it here.  Plus, we have 3 midfielders with injury worries and Baz is generally fit and ready to play.

However, if a big bid came in for Forestieri or Rhodes, that might be a different kettle of fish.

He's our engine room. Even last season when he wasn't functioning properly he was still seeing more of the ball and hungry for it more than any other player. So far this season he's back to his best primarily because he's playing more forward and also gaining in confidence. Hull can go and fùck themselves.

Edited by Mountain Owl